Page 109 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3131
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of which....

Reid not considering benching Alex Smith -- for now

Going into the season, AFC West was shaping up as one of the strongest divisions in football, but is one of the weakest instead. The Chiefs are seriously underachieving, the Raiders have been a disappointment while the Broncos are a total train wreck. Whoever wins that division figures to be nothing better than one round and done cannon fodder.

The Chiefs shocked everyone and started off hot and lost it....the Raiders with all the talent at every position and free agency should be winning the division.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs shocked everyone and started off hot and lost it....the Raiders with all the talent at every position and free agency should be winning the division.
    And if Denver only had a quarterback, they'd be right in the thick of the division chase as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just like last year the Raiders rely too much on the pass, and their running game sucks. Run defense is also poor. How do you have such a poor defensive showing all year with Mack on the team? The only reason they are still in things at all is that the rest of their division has not improved either.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow. Who would've thought that Packers/Steelers game would be THAT good with Aaron Rogers on the sideline? That was the biggest surprise of the day for me. That game was the best, in terms of sheer entertainment value. It also showed why Antonio Brown is the best receiver in the league, if not one of the best overall players in the league. That catch he made on the sideline with less than half-a-minute to go will go down as one of the best of the year. I expected the Steelers to win, but the Packers sure made it interesting, even without their star quarterback.

And maybe this is just me, but I think the Saints have been exposed these past two weeks. They barely beat an exceedingly injured Redskins team at home. Then, they go to the Rams and get overwhelmed. I think this is a bad sign for the Saints. The team looks like it's starting to slow down. They were hot for a while, but the last two weeks have shown that they don't have the same momentum they once did. If they lose again next week, then I think they might be ripe for collapse. With the Panthers and Falcons keeping the division so close, they could be in trouble.
    It was a great game. After laying an egg against the Ravens the Packers seemed to get their stuff together this game. I wasn't sure who the Packers QB was, Brett Hundley or Brett Studley.. Heh heh heh..

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And if Denver only had a quarterback, they'd be right in the thick of the division chase as well.
    Things got worse for the Broncos at QB , Lynch will miss 2-4 weeks due to an ankle injury. Elway may have to use the draft to bring in a QB to compete with Lynch and see who gets the job in 2018.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Things got worse for the Broncos at QB , Lynch will miss 2-4 weeks due to an ankle injury. Elway may have to use the draft to bring in a QB to compete with Lynch and see who gets the job in 2018.
    Yeah, the Broncos sure have been snake bit at the QB position, something you’d think wouldn’t happen with John Elway in the front office. Trevor Simeien doesn’t appear to be the answer, Brock Osweiler is a dumpster fire and no one knows if Lynch worth waiting for.

I love that these NFL "A Football Life" is on youtube. This looks at the short career of the Nigerian Nightmare . His rushing style one where he'd run into everyone and not care. He was 265 pounds and would lay into people. But as players claim , he was a sweet nice man. Someone who as this would tell us would apologize if he hurt someone in a game or practice.

He inspired a waive of Nigerian football players to follow him into the game and as a few claim , they use the Nigerian Nightmare in e-mails and nicknames . Such a shame it was a 6 year career , his knees shot . The funniest part of this was Okoye couldn't catch the ball at all. In fact he admits the ball is odd shaped and he wished they'd never throw him the ball. (He caught 2 passes his one Pro Bowl season) .

Here is a fun one , Warren Moon.

Moon is a trailblazer as he fought for years to show he could be a QB. I did love how he turned one college down who wanted him to play defensive back for no real reason. Then how no NFL teams were interested so he goes to the CFL and lights it up.

But Moon in this its detailed is a very tough fatherly type man. He would make his team mates and others who played him , treat him with respect and he'd respect them. Rules had to be followed and they nick named him Daddy Moon. One of the best is Alfred Williams chases him in a game and they land outside the marker and Williams is like , "Mr. Moon , I'm so sorry about that." Warren tells him , hey Alfred its ok.

The Chris Carter story is even better as Carter had a history of being kinda insane with his ego and during a game Carter started throwing his arms up claiming Moon didn't throw to him. Moon walked up the sideline and where he sit and Billick claims he told Carter , "Look if you ever do that again , I'll bury you in this offense." Carter claims he got a stern talking to and that Moon helped make him better and the Hall of Famer he became.

Also as Moon told Floyd Reece (Ex-Oilers GM) , if you don't keep me in 1993 ; your making a mistake. I'll out last Cody Carlson. But he was traded to the Vikings in 1994. Reece claims that in 1997 while playing for the Seahawks ; Moon walked over and told Reece , "I told ya so..." . Carlson only lasted 5 games in 1994. The trade of Moon has to rank as one of the worst trades in the NFL since Moon played 5-6 more seasons at a solid level.

Talib and Crabtree have both been suspended for two games

So watching the NFL Life : Cleveland 1995 and what is always missing is just how many coaches and people Belichick would hire under him that went onto huge careers. In fact a number of them discuss how their 1st big jobs were in Cleveland in 1991-1995.

Scott Pioli - (later Chiefs GM) : Claims he was a 20 something kid and Belichick told him , if you take the scouting job all I can pay you is $14,000 in salary. Pioli took the job because he wanted it badly.

Thomas Dimitroff - (Falcons GM) : His father worked under Belichick and to not show nepotism , told young Thomas he'd have to work grounds crew. As Thomas claims he'd be full of sweat , dirty and after work go upstairs and get a crash course on scouting.

Nick Saban - (Alabama coaching Legend) : Learned how to put a defense together.

Jim Schwartz - (Coach) : Would be a gopher for people and go get them from airport and do errands for Browns.

Eric Mangini - (Coach) : Would also be a gopher and was Cleveland's ball boy in 1993.

Phil Savage - (Cleveland GM) : Was a special assistant and as Saban claims he once was told to go do some gardening at a house.

Ozzie Newsome - (Ravens GM) : Belichick tried talking Newsome into playing in 1991 , but he wanted to retire and offered to help coach. Newsome joked he was TE Coach and then was sent as a scout around the country.

All the gophers like Schwartz , Mangini and Pioli lived in such a poor way , they shared an apartment and they barely had heat. Mangini wanted cable but Pioli was like , dude were barely there to watch. Were at the facility working non-stop and all. So no cable TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Only 2? Ugh ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hmm! That sounds about right.

Its hard to believe that Tom Brady is 40 and playing as great as he is. Here is his stats so far at 40 folks...

3,374 Yards 26 TD's 3 Ints QB Rating 111.7

Lets look at some Hall of Fame QB's near the end those final seasons.

Joe Montana : 38 years old - 3,283 yards 16 TD's 9 Ints 83.6 QB Rating
    Troy Aikman : 34 years old - 1,632 yards 7 TD's 14 Ints 64.3 QB Rating
    Dan Marino : 38 Years old - 2,448 yards 12 TD's 17 Ints 67.4 QB Rating
    Dan Fouts : 36 years old - 2,517 yards 10 TD's 15 Ints 70.0 QB Rating
    Peyton Manning : 39 years old 2,249 yards 9 TD's 17 Ints 67.9 QB Rating

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC. Their next two games are on the road against the Seahawks and Rams. We will see what this team is really made of in these two games.
    The Vikings are second in the NFC. Their next two games are on the road against the Falcons and Panthers. We will see what this team is really made of in these two games.
    I see the Eagles finishing no worse than 13-3, and the Vikings at 12-4.
    In the NFC South three teams are within a game of each other. Atlanta trails the others by a game, but I think they are the best team and will win the division. Here is the order of finish:
    Falcons 11-5
    Panthers 10-6
    Saints 10-6

In the NFC West, I think the Seahawks, will catch the rams and win the division. Here is the order of finish:
    Seawhawks 11-5
    Rams 10-6
    Cardinals 8-8

The Detroit Lions are 6-5 and don't face a team with a better record than theirs. Their toughest opponent, Baltimore, is a soft 6-5 team. I think the Lions can run the table, finish 11-5, and take the fifth seed in the playoffs.
    If you are 4-7 your season is over and you should only think about draft position. If you are 5-6 you are very much alive in the AFC and barely alive in the NFC. Ten wins won't be enough to guarantee a wild card in the NFC.

The Patriot-Steelers game will determine the top two seeds in the AFC, and the Steelers will win.
    I think that the Bills can win ten games and get a wild card.
    In the AFC South, I think that the Titans will take the division at 11-5 and win the third seed in the playoffs. The Jaguars will finish 10-6 and get a wild card.
    In the AFC West, I thin that Andy Reid will rally the Chiefs and win the division. Here is the order of finish:
    Chiefs 10-6
    Chargers 9-7
    Raiders 8-8