Page 114 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3131

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about Eli going to Cinci. I really don't think Eli would be a good fit for the Bangles despite what the radio said.
    Eli to Cinci? That sounds like it would be a real stretch. I can't see Cinci getting rid of Dalton that readily, if only due to their cap situation. I also can't see Eli wanting to go there, given that Cinci isn't exactly a Super Bowl contender. They've really lost a lot of steam in recent years. They're on the decline and Eli would probably want to go to a team on the rise.

In that sense, teams like the Jags, Cardinals, and Broncos check all the necessary boxes. Those teams have good defenses and players at the skill positions. They just lack that top level quarterback to get them over the hump. Eli can do that. He has two Super Bowl rings. Love him or hate him, those rings are tangible proof that he can get it done.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about Eli going to Cinci. I really don't think Eli would be a good fit for the Bangles despite what the radio said.
    I think Eli rides the bench one more year to "coach" his replacement or retires this off season.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Those teams don't have systems. So nobody benefits.
    Hahah, well played.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Eli rides the bench one more year to "coach" his replacement or retires this off season.
    If the Giants cut Eli loose, I could see Tom Coughlin moving heaven and earth to bring him to Jacksonville.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If the Giants cut Eli loose, I could see Tom Coughlin moving heaven and earth to bring him to Jacksonville.
    Heaven and earth?!? Are we talkin' Blake Bortles here? If the Giants release Manning outright which I figure is the way it would have to be cause why would Jax give up any pieces in a trade. Both teams are building it's just that Jax and finally reaped some fruit from all those top 5 picks. If the Jags are smart and let's be real- it's still the jags, then they tell Blake to make like a leaf and get outta here.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eli still has one more year on his no trade contract. They have to pay him whether he plays or not. They can't cut him loose. Only trade him if he agrees. And the next team has to pay his full salary ( unless th Goants agree to pay for some)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

With Eli benched and ending his active streaks start at 210, Rivers now is the most active starts leader.

At the beginning of the season it looked like the Chiefs were going to run with the AFC West. The Chargers seemed dead and hide to climb out of 0-4. Now there's competition for the division. Kansas City started sliding after teams figured out how to play them. The Chargers gained momentum making things interesting. What a turn of events.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In one of the Football Life episodes , it examined Curtis Martin who is right now the 4th ranked career leading rusher in history.

- Martin nearly didn't want to play in the NFL. He had wanted to do charities and more in his home town of Pittsburgh. But as one preacher told him , Curtis the NFL can help you achieve those dreams . It will give you a way to do so. Martin changed his mind .

- His college career had some injuries and Bill Parcells brings up how he wanted Martin. That he saw some things in him but the injuries. Kraft made the call and told him in the 3rd round he'd be selected.

- Parcells and Martin had a very father/son relationship. Parcells had ways of pushing Martin and clicked that he would use it and give him compliment after he achieved what he wanted. He nicknamed him Wonder or Boy Wonder. Because he had 1 great game and media went crazy. So he'd tell Martin , "So you gonna be a 1 game wonder ?" Curtis would push to show him and then after the next game Parcells would joke , "So you gonna be a 2 game wonder ?" They were pretty close and Bill went to the Jets.

- Martin was dismayed because he loved Parcells and made a point in a game to show what he missed. So he ran for 199 yards and a couple TD's and would slowly walk back to the sidelines. Parcells would joke , "Whatcha doin walking this way Wonder ?" Post game they were seen together as Martin told him how much he loved him. That he respected Parcells.

- Its no shock Parcells made a move to get Martin as a restricted free agent. Kraft had offered Martin a 6 year , $12 million dollar deal. Martin while close with Kraft was kinda sad that he valued him so low. Kraft seems to admit he made a mistake and that Martin was worth more than what someone put his price at due to his prior college health. Anyhow the $12 million figure is the signing bonus Drew Bledsoe got a year earlier. "I knew I was worth more than Bledsoe's signing bonus..." lol

The Jets poison pill worked to perfection. Martin was signed to 2 contracts. 1 was for a 1 year deal at $4 million but Martin would under this contract if matched would become a free agent the next season and that would force them to pay him $3.5 million which they knew would hurt the Patriots salary cap. The next was a 6 year $36 million million that followed it. The Patriots had no way to match that.

- Martin became an all-pro with the Jets. He ran for more yards N carries in than a lot of RB's in a 4-5 year span. Injuries in his ankles started to effect him and he made a vow that he would rush for 1,700 yards in a season to show that past 30 he could do it. And he came up at 1,697. After a season of knee injuries in 2006 he retired and never seemed to regret the decision. He was happy to quit.

- In a nice deal he sent Parcells his league MVP trophy he won when he retired from the Jets as coach. Parcells had no clue he was gonna send it but there on his desk was a trophy and hand written note from Martin detailing how he wouldn't be the player he became without him. How he took a chance on him in 1995 as a rookie and changed his life. Parcells joked that he don't wanna get emotional in this but yeah , he did cry in reading the note.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In one of the Football Life episodes , it examined Curtis Martin who is right now the 4th ranked career leading rusher in history.

- Martin nearly didn't want to play in the NFL. He had wanted to do charities and more in his home town of Pittsburgh. But as one preacher told him , Curtis the NFL can help you achieve those dreams . It will give you a way to do so. Martin changed his mind .

- His college career had some injuries and Bill Parcells brings up how he wanted Martin. That he saw some things in him but the injuries. Kraft made the call and told him in the 3rd round he'd be selected.

- Parcells and Martin had a very father/son relationship. Parcells had ways of pushing Martin and clicked that he would use it and give him compliment after he achieved what he wanted. He nicknamed him Wonder or Boy Wonder. Because he had 1 great game and media went crazy. So he'd tell Martin , "So you gonna be a 1 game wonder ?" Curtis would push to show him and then after the next game Parcells would joke , "So you gonna be a 2 game wonder ?" They were pretty close and Bill went to the Jets.

- Martin was dismayed because he loved Parcells and made a point in a game to show what he missed. So he ran for 199 yards and a couple TD's and would slowly walk back to the sidelines. Parcells would joke , "Whatcha doin walking this way Wonder ?" Post game they were seen together as Martin told him how much he loved him. That he respected Parcells.

- Its no shock Parcells made a move to get Martin as a restricted free agent. Kraft had offered Martin a 6 year , $12 million dollar deal. Martin while close with Kraft was kinda sad that he valued him so low. Kraft seems to admit he made a mistake and that Martin was worth more than what someone put his price at due to his prior college health. Anyhow the $12 million figure is the signing bonus Drew Bledsoe got a year earlier. "I knew I was worth more than Bledsoe's signing bonus..." lol

The Jets poison pill worked to perfection. Martin was signed to 2 contracts. 1 was for a 1 year deal at $4 million but Martin would under this contract if matched would become a free agent the next season and that would force them to pay him $3.5 million which they knew would hurt the Patriots salary cap. The next was a 6 year $36 million million that followed it. The Patriots had no way to match that.

- Martin became an all-pro with the Jets. He ran for more yards N carries in than a lot of RB's in a 4-5 year span. Injuries in his ankles started to effect him and he made a vow that he would rush for 1,700 yards in a season to show that past 30 he could do it. And he came up at 1,697. After a season of knee injuries in 2006 he retired and never seemed to regret the decision. He was happy to quit.

- In a nice deal he sent Parcells his league MVP trophy he won when he retired from the Jets as coach. Parcells had no clue he was gonna send it but there on his desk was a trophy and hand written note from Martin detailing how he wouldn't be the player he became without him. How he took a chance on him in 1995 as a rookie and changed his life. Parcells joked that he don't wanna get emotional in this but yeah , he did cry in reading the note.
    Are you watching these on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Are you watching these on TV?

<Insert Name Here>: A Football Life
    - it's a series that runs on the NFL Network covering the person whose name gets listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

<Insert Name Here>: A Football Life
    - it's a series that runs on the NFL Network covering the person whose name gets listed.
    I know what it is. I just wondering if he was watching the segments on television.

Because most of them, even the new ones are already on YouTube.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Can't wait to watch the Titans payback the Damn Texans by steamrolling them.

Also the Falcons playing a great Vikings team should be a great game

Slow start Mariota runs for a td 10-7 Texans

10-10 halftime in Nashville

In a game with 0 tds Pats winning 9-3

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    10-10 halftime in Nashville

In a game with 0 tds Pats winning 9-3
    It seems like in the time it took me to read this the score suddenly became 23-3. Moar Gronk!