Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3131
    BANNED

Mike Patrick is too old and is already losing a step

Greenberg is an ESPN puppet and Ive never liked him....him and that fat idiot he shared a show with represented the mediocre nadir of morning sports talk radio

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Mike Patrick is too old and is already losing a step

Greenberg is an ESPN puppet and Ive never liked him....him and that fat idiot he shared a show with represented the mediocre nadir of morning sports talk radio
    I hate to say this , but everyone ESPN hires are ESPN puppets. They all work for the network. Trico worked for years for ESPN and got it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ya know what I change my mind...instead of Patrick , this is the most funniest play by play and we don't even see what is happening ! Its all Harlan describing it during a game last season. KEVIN HARLAN FOR MNF folks...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... the Saints, Panthers, Falcons are the only team that can beat them? Um ... no ...

I'd put my money on the Pats winning the SB if they're in. 2 of the teams I see stopping them are in the AFC: Steelers and Jags. And the Steelers are beat up. The Vikings are the only other team I see beating them and I don't see them surving to the SB.

It's shame Wentz went down because I really wanted to see Wentz dethrone Brady but I'm sure the Eagles are just getting started on a long stretch of playoff appearances.
    Why do you say the Steelers are beat up, other than Ryan Shazier? (Who can finally feel is legs again)

No way AB is going to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Again if the Raiders fail , they can look everywhere else to blame I'm sure. But with this they best win Super Bowls and more. They had talent , its just the players likely felt they were gonna be handed a Super Bowl ring or division title. I mean they saw the Chiefs and thought , its our year to take them. The Broncos don't have a QB and the Chargers always find ways to lose.

Now what is comical is Raiders fans will believe like the players , we got this division won. Its ours now. If they don't....the best comedy will see them lose and people realize Gruden wasn't the magic genie.

But we shall see....they now need to win every year for this contract and money.
    You just described every NFL team's goal. Ostensibly, at least. The Chiefs seem to have the goal of making it to the playoffs and then getting stomped in the first or second round. Like a glorified stepping stone for someone else.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You just described every NFL team's goal. Ostensibly, at least. The Chiefs seem to have the goal of making it to the playoffs and then getting stomped in the first or second round. Like a glorified stepping stone for someone else.
    The Chiefs haven't won in playoffs for years. Least however were not painting a huge target on us , having a loaded team and paying a coach $100 million. The Raiders under-achieved this season. People will laugh if they sign Gruden and don't win . Lets put it this way , anything short of a Super Bowl is a failure for the Raiders now.

The Raiders D started to look decent after they fired Norton...their O on the other hand. Maybe it was Downing's lack of experience, maybe it was changing the blocking scheme to match marshawn's skill set as opposed to the linemen's, maybe Carr was still hurt from when he busted his back in week 4, or something else. But something happened after that game against the Skins that they never recovered from.

Hopefully Gruden will get thing back in order. Because its going to be his way or the highway in Oaktown and Vegas
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ya know what I change my mind...instead of Patrick , this is the most funniest play by play and we don't even see what is happening ! Its all Harlan describing it during a game last season. KEVIN HARLAN FOR MNF folks...

Harlan? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY EYEBALLS AND EARS.

I don't know who you partner him with, but he's the most underrated play-by-play guy out there right now. But he'd be a lot more fun than Tirico.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Harlan? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY EYEBALLS AND EARS.

I don't know who you partner him with, but he's the most underrated play-by-play guy out there right now. But he'd be a lot more fun than Tirico.
    "He's got his shirt off , he's beating his chest ...he's at the 50 , the 40 !" You can tell the NFL didn't wanna show this and Harlan is like ...telling us all whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't know what to believe or not on the NE story.

I know that if I were Belichick, I would have pushed to keep Jimmy Garappolo, regardless of the cost, for at least one more season, just to have insurance on Brady and his aging.
    They couldn't though. He was going to be a free agent. Jimmy G didn't accept an extension offer (rightfully so) to sit on the bench for who knows how long.

Jon Gruden hasn't coached since 2008, hasn't made the playoffs since 2007, and hasn't won a playoff game since 2002.

Yet he just got paid 100M over 10 years.

What. I like Gruden, but this is nutty.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    They couldn't though. He was going to be a free agent. Jimmy G didn't accept an extension offer (rightfully so) to sit on the bench for who knows how long.
    I don't know the whole story, but the story reported today (if believed) is that Bill apparently thought (correctly or not) he absolutely could keep Jimmy G somehow some way and was ruled against. All I'm saying is that I could really understand his desire to find a way, any way, to hold Jimmy just for one more little season at the least as a little temporary Brady aging insurance.

Also, small conflict of reporting: Reports conflict on whether Patriots offered Jimmy Garoppolo a new contract
    But Tom Curran, who has covered the Patriots reliably for many years, also couldn’t state it more confidently: “The Patriots never extended a new contract offer to Garoppolo. No question they discussed it and spitballed about what it would look like — great pay as a backup escalating to starter money when Brady left — but the offer was never formalized. Why? Because it was clear Garoppolo wasn’t staying another year as a backup.”
    https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-con...144743387.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't know the whole story, but the story reported today is that Bill apparently thought (correctly or not) he absolutely could keep Jimmy G somehow some way and was ruled against. All I'm saying is that I could really understand his desire to find a way, any way, to hold Jimmy just for one more little season at the least as a little temporary Brady aging insurance.

Also, small conflict of reporting: Reports conflict on whether Patriots offered Jimmy Garoppolo a new contract

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-con...144743387.html
    Only possible way to keep Jimmy would have been to franchise tag him. Then you're paying a QB $30 million to sit on the bench for a year, which is dumb. At the presser following the trade Bill came right out and said that they wanted to keep Jimmy, but the way things are set up in the league it wasn't possible. I think he just waited until the last possible moment (this season's trade deadline) to see if Brady was going to continue to play at a high level going into the season. When that happened and he didn't get hurt also, Bill was forced to show his hand. So he called John Lynch/Kyle Shanahan and got something for Jimmy instead of nothing.

From what I remember reading the report, the rumor was that Bill was thinking about moving on to Jimmy G earlier. Kraft wasn't going to allow Brady to be dumped though.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Only possible way to keep Jimmy would have been to franchise tag him.
    Considering the reporter who says Jimmy wasn't offered a K extension says that he clearly would have turned it down if he was going to be backup, I agree. It's just interesting that Bill was, apparently, thinking of going that route or trying like hell for an extension. If true, I could really see why. QB (and its insurance) is that important.

From what I remember reading the report, the rumor was that Bill was thinking about moving on to Jimmy G earlier. Kraft wasn't going to allow Brady to be dumped though.
    I don't think that's what I've been reading. More just "ok we've got Tom as starter, but what are we going to do with Jimmy?" and Kraft is like: we're moving on from Jimmy right now, sorry Bill. And Bill was like: Noooooooooooo!
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Jon Gruden’s contract with the Raiders will be ten years, $100 million. Wow!
    Want to bet he lasts 3 years?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.