Page 158 of 209 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3131

Tough way of the Bills to end their season. But I think them ending their playoff drought is enough to count this season as a success. They just didn’t have the offensive weapons to compete against Jacksonville. And after Tyrod went down, I don’t think he’s the quarterback who will take the Bills deeper into the playoffs. They have the defense, but they need some offensive firepower to become a more complete team.

As for the Jags, I think they will pose a major threat to the Patriots. If that defense can play up to par next week, then the Pats could be in trouble. Keep in mind that Tom Coughlin is one of the few individuals on this planet who knows how to beat the Pats consistently. He may help give the Jags the edge they need next week.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Tyrod is not the answer at QB. He just isn't. That's not to say I don't like him. I think much of his problem is that he is coached out of his natural inclinations. I think he could have won this game had he decided to run a bit quicker. But, if he was still the raw QB from last year, I don't think we could have gotten this far. Oh well, looks like we'll be drafting a QB. I just hope whoever we get is our guy for good.
    Of course if the Buffalo Bills need a QB , a steady winning one ...they could go for Alex Smith. But I wonder if they'll go for a veteran and pay the asking price or go young ? I'd say its more likely they go with a young franchise QB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Tough way of the Bills to end their season. But I think them ending their playoff drought is enough to count this season as a success. They just didn’t have the offensive weapons to compete against Jacksonville. And after Tyrod went down, I don’t think he’s the quarterback who will take the Bills deeper into the playoffs. They have the defense, but they need some offensive firepower to become a more complete team.

As for the Jags, I think they will pose a major threat to the Patriots. If that defense can play up to par next week, then the Pats could be in trouble. Keep in mind that Tom Coughlin is one of the few individuals on this planet who knows how to beat the Pats consistently. He may help give the Jags the edge they need next week.
    First the Jags need to get by Pittsburgh. New Engand will be facing the Titans next weekend. Both teams have a chance to fail to make that matchup first.

Come on Saints.

Nice. Saints/Vikings is what I wanted to see.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-07-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If you ask me, Sean Payton got lucky as the Saints’ defense saved his ass. He never should’ve gotten greedy and went for the kill on that fourth down play which blew up in his face.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

3-1 for wild card weekend.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im cheering for the Jags now

OJ is at the game, apparently, taking pictures and signing autographs
    Just looked up to make sure. I think OJ is the greatest running back in NFL history, but due to the second part of his life I could never take a picture with him or want an autograph. That's nutty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Tyrod is not the answer at QB. He just isn't. That's not to say I don't like him. I think much of his problem is that he is coached out of his natural inclinations. I think he could have won this game had he decided to run a bit quicker. But, if he was still the raw QB from last year, I don't think we could have gotten this far. Oh well, looks like we'll be drafting a QB. I just hope whoever we get is our guy for good.
    I don't think he is either. Not starter material. Backup at best. I wasn't so up in arms like everyone seemed to be when he got benched earlier this season. Nathan Peterman being worse doesn't detract from the fact that Taylor is not very good, and should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If you ask me, Sean Payton got lucky as the Saints’ defense saved his ass. He never should’ve gotten greedy and went for the kill on that fourth down play which blew up in his face.
    Yeah, not a good call. And not just because it didn't work. Can't believe they didn't punt.

Also, Cam Newton's offensive line completely went to **** the last few plays. It was odd. Mike Adams making an interception instead of knocking the ball down didn't help matters either. Reminded me of that Marlon McCree error years ago in the Chargers/Patriots game.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Yeah, not a good call. And not just because it didn't work. Can't believe they didn't punt.

Also, Cam Newton's offensive line completely went to **** the last few plays. It was odd. Mike Adams making an interception instead of knocking the ball down didn't help matters either. Reminded me of that Marlon McCree error years ago in the Chargers/Patriots game.
    Part of that was he needed to throw long passes to have any chance. So he had to send more receivers out, thereby losing some blocking. And those plays need more time to develop, so a blitz is more effective when the QB can't shoot a short pass over the line.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Both the Bills and the Jags should get new QBs over the offseason. I think they should get Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins between them.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Both the Bills and the Jags should get new QBs over the offseason. I think they should get Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins between them.
    It's looking more and more that Smith's days in Kansas City are numbered, have been ever since the Chiefs drafted Pat Mahomes. As for Cousins, I hear the Deadskins aren't at all eager to pay him upwards of $25 million per season, so he's on borrowed time in D.C.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News....

- The Chicago Bears signed Chiefs OC Matt Nagy to be the new head coach. Nagy"s stock rose as he was given play calling duties at mid-season and helped KC make the plaoffs to lose usually.

- Bill Belichick has said he absoutely will coach the Patriots in 2018.

- The NFL is investigating reports scum **** Ritchie Incognito used racial slurs in a game. It didn't help as the Jaguars player taunted on twitter bout his weak ass racial slurs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It may be early but 75% of NFL teams are into the off-season already and this thing is running out of juice fast. So, WPP

Falcons at Eagles- my Superbowl pick and the small bit of fan service I have left in these Playoffs.

Saturday 4:35

Your thoughts.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Vikings are my picks this weekend.

I still think it's going to be Eagles vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl but with the Pats going over.

Part of m thinks the major upset in the playoffs might be the Titans taking out the Pats, though. Sticking with my picks, nonetheless!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-08-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium