Page 159 of 209 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3131

AB is getting ready to ball, baby!

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/nfl/pitts...offs/679661980

AFC Championship:

Steelers at Patriots

NFC Championship

Falcons at Saints

SB LII either Patriots vs. Saints or Steelers vs. Saints
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-08-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

3-1 for the playoffs so far for me. Would have been 4-4 if the Chiefs had won their game. I did not expect the Titans to win that one.

So the Patriots have stomped the Titans every time the teams have played. Got any takers for Tennessee in this game?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It may be early but 75% of NFL teams are into the off-season already and this thing is running out of juice fast. So, WPP

Falcons at Eagles- my Superbowl pick and the small bit of fan service I have left in these Playoffs.

Saturday 4:35

Your thoughts.
    I read this morning that the Eagles are a 2.5 underdog....AT HOME. And that’s all because of the uncertainty hovering over Nick Foles and his less than stellar outings as Carson Wentz’s replacement. Philly’s defense will have to step up big time to shut down Atlanta's offense which didn’t look all that imposing against the Rams, keep Ryan, Jones, Sanu and their RB’s in check and our chances improve considerably. On offense, Philly will need to lean on the likes of Jay Ajayi and Lagarrette Blount while reconfiguring the passing game to short passes, limiting how long Foles holds onto the ball since he isn’t a fraction as mobile as Wentz and can’t improvise when the pocket breaks down. That said, this might be a defensive battle with the Eagles winning 20-14.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    SB LII either Patriots vs. Saints or Steelers vs. Saints
    This would be my guess too. Saints look good.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well there won't be an excuse if the Raiders don't win the division next year. The Chiefs are expected to now have to replace Nagy and Childress on the coaching staff. Brad Childress is retiring after 19 NFL seasons as a coach . This leaves Reid having to replace both guys and also likely move Alex Smith. So the team will have new coaches in key positions and a new young QB starting. Raiders...you are on the clock.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Do you guys think there should be a maximum age that people are allowed to be NFL refs? Like in soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think there should be a maximum age that people are allowed to be NFL refs? Like in soccer.
    Not especially, maybe a grading system where if you're consistently bad enough you start incurring penalties or required training before you can officiate again or something, but I wonder if Jeff Triplette's retiring might not be a bit forced because those two forward progress calls he made that wiped out both Mariotta's fumbles might be the worst calls I've ever seen in the history of the game, and they absolutely decided a playoff game
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-08-2018 at 06:22 PM.

The NFL should have professional refs like most other sports.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm starting to think that concussion protocol needs to be reviewed and enforced by a neutral party, not the individual teams.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Not especially, maybe a grading system where if you're consistently bad enough you start incurring penalties or required training before you can officiate again or something, but I wonder if Jeff Triplette's retiring might not be a bit forced because those two forward progress calls he made that wiped out both Mariotta's fumbles might be the worst calls I've ever seen in the history of the game, and they absolutely decided a playoff game
    Reports are he was told to either quit or be fired. That they were gonna public fire him for how they feel he influenced the playoff game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The NFL should have professional refs like most other sports.
    I guess there was a time when networks didn't really criticize or point out the mistakes of refs, and people believed in and trusted the calls the refs were making. Would you prefer that to the over saturation of replay and every missed/phantom call being pointed out?

Since the first game where the Jaguars crushed Pit... Bortles has gone for 2534 yards 11 td's and 9 pics. Ben has gone for 3152 yards 24 td's and 7 pics.. I'm not counting the Jags out, but Bortles is going to have to throw the ball to win. Temps are gonna be around mid 20's, not 77 like the last time they played. Thats a huge advantage to the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I guess there was a time when networks didn't really criticize or point out the mistakes of refs, and people believed in and trusted the calls the refs were making. Would you prefer that to the over saturation of replay and every missed/phantom call being pointed out?
    That wasn't always the case , as far back as the 1980's the NFL has discussed replay and making the right calls. This latest debacle was one where this referee has a history of terrible calls dating to 2010 and the NFL gave him the playoff game.

Predictions:

Eagles over Falcons
    Vikings over Saints
    Steelers over Jaguars
    Patriots over Titans