Page 163 of 209 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3131
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Who is a better coach - Bill Belichick or Bear Bryant?
    I won't answer exactly, except to say that all the coaches, commentators, and fans that have talked up the overall easier nature of college coaching IMHO bolster Belichick's case. On top of the pros being the pros.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-12-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I won't answer exactly, except to say that all the coaches, commentators, and fans that have talked up the overall easier nature of college coaching IMHO bolster Belichick's case. On top of the pros being the pros.
    To me personally its harder being a college coach. You have to constantly turnover your roster and starters. Every 3-4 years guys are coming in. You have to recruit like crazy and hope those kids pan out. Imagine doing this...every year. Every year some big starter is leaving.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News...

- The Carolina Panthers have decided to sign Norv Turner and let him retool that Panthers offense. The team struggled offensively in 2017 and had Newton running the ball (he led the team in rushing) and had a trio of RB's and used a 1st rounder on a RB. Who never gained over 500 yards on the ground.
    Wow. Norv Turner has a job again. He's definitely a guy who can help them improve, but I don't think he's going to be the guy who brings them to their next Super Bowl.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To me personally its harder being a college coach. You have to constantly turnover your roster and starters. Every 3-4 years guys are coming in. You have to recruit like crazy and hope those kids pan out. Imagine doing this...every year. Every year some big starter is leaving.
    There's certainly something to that to some degree. Though some colleges have such a name and history and geographical advantage and etc, etc (boosters, organization, alumni, etc) that one can counterargue that the recruiting challenge isn't as difficult vs others. NFL teams work like that too a little, but...

Probably tend to think, overall, amongst big college teams and NFL teams, NFL coaches overall have it harder on more perilous ground (scrutiny, egos, drafts, injuries, passing coverages/less margin for error, competition, rules, etc).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-12-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Coaching at the collegiate level seems easier the bigger the school program you have around you. Some schools have practically unlimited resources to attract talented young people. Plus the college rules allow greater flexibility in the talent level a player needs to be successful. For instance, in college you only need one foot in bounds for a catch to count. There is no instant replay in college, so players can get away with more sloppy play. College is a prep sport for the pros, so its kind of like a minor league system in the eyes of the general public.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Coaching at the collegiate level seems easier the bigger the school program you have around you. Some schools have practically unlimited resources to attract talented young people. Plus the college rules allow greater flexibility in the talent level a player needs to be successful. For instance, in college you only need one foot in bounds for a catch to count. There is no instant replay in college, so players can get away with more sloppy play. College is a prep sport for the pros, so its kind of like a minor league system in the eyes of the general public.
    I can't argue with a thing you say here. Well said.

I put more stock in a good coach that can develop players and coaches over one that reigns at the top.

So Saban, Parcells, Walsh, Bryant rank higher in my mind over the likes of Belicheck, Lombardi, Snyder, and Bowden.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Currently on the same team? Marvin Lewis, Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, & Mike Tomlin. And you have Darth Hoodie. Tom Coughlin was with the Giants from 2004-16. Andy Reid was on the Eagles from 1999-2012 and is now on the Chiefs. Harbaugh is coming up on 10 with the Ravens.

If you go back to the 90s, 80s, 70s ... you're gonna find longer runs with coaches. The rotating door has been more of a thing starting in the 80s and has progressively gotten worse.
    I'm betting it started pretty close to the same time the salary cap came into play - coaches who could stay on top by having a much bigger payroll than other teams were exposed. No one could buy a ticket to the playoffs anymore.

Fantastic Member

Bought my tickets to the AFC Championship game yesterday.

Of course, I'll be getting a refund if the Patriots lose today.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I put more stock in a good coach that can develop players and coaches over one that reigns at the top.

So Saban, Parcells, Walsh, Bryant rank higher in my mind over the likes of Belicheck, Lombardi, Snyder, and Bowden.
    Belichick can't develop players?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Belichick can't develop players?
    His coaching tree and success with players that leave is nowhere near Parcells, Walsh, and a couple others.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

To damn easy for the Falcons moving the ball and the Eagles are justly the underdogs.

BANNED

Philly is a garbage fire fanbase, across all their sports

they are haughty, drive their stars away, and its a general bad environment to play in (as players have stated)

Atlanta needs to win this to send them back into despair, where they belong
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 01-13-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Philly is a garbage fire fanbase, across all their sports

they are haughty, drive their stars away, and its a general bad environment to play in (as players have stated)

Atlanta needs to win this to send them back into despair, where they belong
    I am part of that fan base which is NOWHERE near as bad as you claim. I personally resent everything you said and I’m fighting the urge to say a hell of a lot worse to you.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Can we avoid attacking the fanbase of teams ? Because there is terrible folks in every fanbase across sports. Does anyone forget when Giants fans tossed ice balls at fans ? Or as Bryan Cox once claimed Buffalo fans threw batteries at him once. In each case the actions of a few shouldn't be on everyone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.