Page 193 of 209 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3131

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "Same route as last time?" has been the mantra in Boston for years when the duck boats are prepped.
    To be fair, that was probably what they were saying even when the 'last time' involved Model T's.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lets just hope this doesn't happen again in the Super Bowl.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to imagine that ESPN is working on a 30 for 30 about the Boston teams right now. I'm gonna take a wild stab at this.

ESPN 30 FOR 30 : THE ERA OF GREATNESS .

Narrated by Ben Affleck , he examines the 20 years where Boston sports ran the world. Where New England won 5 (or 6) World Championships , where the Boston Celtics rebounded and won an NBA Championship and rebounded after years of darkness. How the Boston Red Sox broke the curse and won 3 World Series titles after years of struggle.

We know its coming....I mean its the perfect 30 for 30. No other city has won more and really I doubt another one gets to.
    You forgot the Boston Bruins winning the Stanley Cup in the NHL.

Fantastic Member

I'm thinking an Eagles win over the Patriots would validate the Eagles way more than a Super Bowl win over the Jaguars had the Jaguars won the AFC Championship.

No matter what happens in the Super Bowl, I think the Patriots, as long as Tom Brady stays healthy, has another deep play-off run in them next year. The NFC seems a bit more balanced. I could easily see the Eagles with another play-off appearance next season but after that who knows.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The results are in: Terrell Owens is a Hall of Famer, joining Brian Urlacher, Randy Moss, Brian Dawkins and Ray Lewis in Canton’s 2018 class.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The results are in: Terrell Owens is a Hall of Famer, joining Brian Urlacher, Randy Moss, Brian Dawkins and Ray Lewis in Canton’s 2018 class.
    I know they are all great, but I have to say that this class really underwhelms me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It's a great class for WRs, given that you have two of the top 5 all time going in

Nearly 30 years ago Jimmy Johnson discusses "The Great Trade Robbery" on ESPN.

Johnson admits that he wasn't happy when he 1st took the job with the Cowboys and only did it for the challenge of turning the team around. As he claims his Miami teams likely could have challenged the Cowboys in a game. Also the fact his Miami teams only lost 2 games in 4 seasons !

The funniest deal was Jimmy told his assistants ANYONE can be traded. Even someone he liked in Michael Irvin who played for him at Miami. He contacted Al Davis and offered Irvin for a couple 2nd's and 3rds. Shram was stunned by this because he never saw someone willing to trade players so quick and that the Cowboys never call Al Davis. Finally he asked who do we have that other teams covet ?

Then you had the Vikings GM who really never read the fine print of the trade like Jimmy had. In the trade the players Johnson cut , would become 1st and 2nd round picks. So Johnson told GM Mike Lynn he planned to cut almost every player they traded. And Flynn was pissed.

Also as Johnson claims from 1989-1993 he made 52 trades in total. No one had seen that level of trading before but as Johnson details in this video , the Vikings had a solid team and seemed to be 1 player away. He meanwhile was 52 players away.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats TO!

Can someone explain to me how Urlacher got in though? He played 13 seasons in the NFL and only twice did he have more than 100 tackles. For a LB, that’s not good. He did have 41.5 sacks, but most of them came in his first 6 seasons. From 2000-2005 he recorded 30.5 sacks. Over the next 7 seasons, he only recorded a total of 9.

So basically, he had 4 great seasons, 2 very good seasons and 7 very average seasons. How does that get a player into the HOF? Just curious.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Urlacher got in though? He played 13 seasons in the NFL and only twice did he have more than 100 tackles. For a LB, that’s not good. He did have 41.5 sacks, but most of them came in his first 6 seasons. From 2000-2005 he recorded 30.5 sacks. Over the next 7 seasons, he only recorded a total of 9.

So basically, he had 4 great seasons, 2 very good seasons and 7 very average seasons. How does that get a player into the HOF? Just curious.
    Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Congrats TO!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials?

I think they selected him because he rebounded that teams overall attitude when he came in. The Bears from the 1990's and early 2000's were shit. But once they selected Urlacher , he was like a LEADER on that team. He carried himself like the leader and the Bears defense overall improved for a number of years with him. I think its the same way Stevenson from Miami Dolphins was inducted one year and he only played 7 seasons or how Terrell Davis got selected. Players who come in and change the overall attitude of the team seems to be what helped them.

Now of course Owens goes in and I'm sure no team wants to claim him lol. I mean you go from Urlacher a consistent TEAM guy to someone who was all about themselves for years. Owens likely goes in as a 49er. Moss as a Viking...and Moss wasn't a big TEAM guy either. Just funny to see that shift in selections.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Tom Brady was named league MVP. This frustrates me because Carson Wentz surely would’ve given Brady a run for his money if he hadn’t gotten hurt and missed the last three games.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Tom Brady was named league MVP. This frustrates me because Carson Wentz surely would’ve given Brady a run for his money if he hadn’t gotten hurt and missed the last three games.
    Maybe he would have. But for posterity sake, when Wentz got injured, Brady was ahead of him in completions, yards, percentage, interceptions (less) and passer rating. The teams records were tied. Wentz had a better overall team around him as well. The only thing Wentz had over him was a slight advantage in TD's.

And all things considered, Wentz got injured and his team is still in the Super Bowl. It would look really bad if the most VALUABLE player could leave his team and they could still be in the Super Bowl. Also last year the biggest argument for Brady not being MVP was that he missed 4 games. So it would have looked even worse if they awarded it to someone who missed 3 and a half games.

BANNED

living in CT, as a Giants fan, I hate both teams but I need the Pats to win so I dont have to hear conspiracy theories for the next 8 months