Page 205 of 209 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3131
    Fantastic Member

So thoughts and fall out from the Super bowl.

Another view I heard about Gronk is that it's his way of asking for more money. He's pretty much the best TE in the game when healthy.

Lots of controversy from Pats fans about Malcolm Butler not playing. No detailed reason yet.

Interesting to see posts about Lions maybe reconsidering hiring Patricia. I agree. But shouldn't Philly consider firing their own defensive coordinator? That defense gave up the most yards to an offense ever in any NFL game ever played. They gave up 505 passing yards and 3 TDs in the biggest game of the year.

Worse game ever in NFL history for yards surrendered by defenses, Over 1100+ by both offenses.

Pats have some fairly big names up for free agency including their starting left tackle in Nate Solder, Malcom Butler (gone for sure after not playing in the Super Bowl) Dion Lewis who was essential late in the season with his offense and I think Burkhead. Add in Patricia will be leaving and most likely OC Josh McDaniels although there is a rumor he may stay with NE over going to Indy.

Viewership was down for the Super Bowl this year but still around or over 110 million viewers.

Probably forgetting one or two more I had but I have to leave for work in a few minutes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I don’t really care. But what bugs me because other people like Cam Newton get dragged through the mud for such actions and called things like a “classless thug” by the media and the general public. But Brady acts like a sore loser and nothing is said. They just say he is just a fierce competitor that hates losing. Everyone else who is black or a minority is unsportsmanlike Oh okay.....
    Well, I'd say you really do care if you posted about and responded to a post.

Twice Cam has been kind of a dick about things. One after the Super Bowl that he stunk in and then again with questioning the female reporter's interest in the sport. He's immature, not the worst quality in the world but something to pick at when one is under the spotlight.

The criticizing of Brady is kind of wishy-washy. One one hand the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters and always doing something shady. On the other hand, the media loves Tom Brady. So which is it? I'm perfectly happy with people saying they hate Brady or any other successful athlete because they win to much. I was more of a 49ners fan when Dallas was winning back to back Super Bowls so I hate Aikman and his crew. I've even seen some reports just before the Super Bowl criticizing Brady for kissing his kids on the lips. We don't know stuff about other athletes because they don't win as much. Foles has just cemented legendary status in Philly but who knows what about him? The spotlight isn't there on him. And now he may be gone from Philly before next season and he may never go back to the Super Bowl again. And no media will bother with him again unless he is successful again. If it helps at all I really like Foles's success story this year but that's all I know about him.

For folks that live in Philly how is it out there after last night???

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Well, I'd say you really do care if you posted about and responded to a post.

Twice Cam has been kind of a dick about things. One after the Super Bowl that he stunk in and then again with questioning the female reporter's interest in the sport. He's immature, not the worst quality in the world but something to pick at when one is under the spotlight.

The criticizing of Brady is kind of wishy-washy. One one hand the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters and always doing something shady. On the other hand, the media loves Tom Brady. So which is it? I'm perfectly happy with people saying they hate Brady or any other successful athlete because they win to much. I was more of a 49ners fan when Dallas was winning back to back Super Bowls so I hate Aikman and his crew. I've even seen some reports just before the Super Bowl criticizing Brady for kissing his kids on the lips. We don't know stuff about other athletes because they don't win as much. Foles has just cemented legendary status in Philly but who knows what about him? The spotlight isn't there on him. And now he may be gone from Philly before next season and he may never go back to the Super Bowl again. And no media will bother with him again unless he is successful again. If it helps at all I really like Foles's success story this year but that's all I know about him.
    I meant to say I don't really care if players shake hands or not. I was just making a point about the double standards between Brady and other players, particularly those of color.

I don’t really care. But what bugs me because other people like Cam Newton get dragged through the mud for such actions and called things like a “classless thug” by the media and the general public. But Brady acts like a sore loser and nothing is said. They just say he is just a fierce competitor that hates losing. Everyone else who is black or a minority is unsportsmanlike Oh okay.....
    Okay, I watched all the pressers for both teams. Brady was very complimentary of the Eagles (they made a big play, several big plays actually, even made ones we didn't) shouldered the burden of losing, and was anxious to get back to training for next year. Darth Hoodie was the one that said ... not the nicest things.

Cam didn't say the best things but still shouldn't have been raked over the coals.

While some take it as a color issue, Brady got raked over the coals during the first SB loss because he ragged on everyone on both sides. I think age and having been there before plays a lot into that for Cam and Brady.

I'm of the opinion that they shouldn't interview the losing team right after and sports interviewing is terrible anymore. I hate it when people go up to an Olympian, for example, and ask them how it feels to lose. The one that still sticks in my mind was Costas asking that very question to an Olmpian and the guy was dumbstruck. He said it was an honor to represent the USA.

I do, however, think Cam got treated like **** and the media has been rather easy on Tom because he hardly talks to them anymore and they don't want to lose that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

One of the commentators was CLEARLY rooting for the Pats because he keep saying those two TD's should be over turned but they weren't. I thought commentators weren't suppose to show bias but they didn't happen last night lol.
    Collinsworth. I've always heard he was a huge homer for Brady and the Patriots but didn't really see it until yesterday. The play calling was disappointing and lackluster overall, I thought. Really miss having people in the booth who get excited over football just for football's sake. These guys probably need to both retire.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Collinsworth. I've always heard he was a huge homer for Brady and the Patriots but didn't really see it until yesterday. The play calling was disappointing and lackluster overall, I thought. Really miss having people in the booth who get excited over football just for football's sake. These guys probably need to both retire.
    I agree both probably should retire at this point. I noticed others have mentioned Collinsworth's open bias for the Patriots last night and it's hilarious.

BANNED

For folks that live in Philly how is it out there after last night???
    Everyone's hungover

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Everyone's hungover
    I figured that ha. But no major damage to the city right? I am a eagles fan and kinda wish I was out there with all of you last night, but then again Philly fans can get a bit crazy.

BANNED

I figured that ha. But no major damage to the city right? I am a eagles fan and kinda wish I was out there with all of you last night, but then again Philly fans can get a bit crazy.
    Endless wave of noise. Lots of vomit and piss. Some people were free climbing buildings.

So basically a typical Sunday night.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Endless wave of noise. Lots of vomit and piss. Some people were free climbing buildings.

An awning outside a ritzy downtown hotel was torn down when fans climbed on it, a few street lamps were wrecked, a car was overturned and a storefront window was smashed. To be perfectly honest, I expected a whole lot worse than that, given the crowds. Kudos to the Philly Police for keeping things relatively in order.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lol. You'd think the cold would discourage that behavior normally.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

HA HA Philly fans don't disappoint.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Interesting to see posts about Lions maybe reconsidering hiring Patricia. I agree. But shouldn't Philly consider firing their own defensive coordinator? That defense gave up the most yards to an offense ever in any NFL game ever played. They gave up 505 passing yards and 3 TDs in the biggest game of the year.
    All things considered, the way Brady was rolling, I don't know if ANY defense could've stopped the Pats last night, but, we held them in check (relatively speaking) late in the game when we had to, and that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Lol. You'd think the cold would discourage that behavior normally.
    Temperature wise, it wasn't that bad. However, it had rained like the dickens during most of the game, but stopped when the fourth quarter rolled around.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Has a quarterback ever caught a pass for a touchdown in a Super Bowl before? I don't remember anyone else doing that. I know several have scored as a running back, but none as a wide receiver.