Page 27 of 209 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Absolutely. Did Dallas even do any screen plays whatsoever? Me and the guy I was watching with kept yelling "do a screen/short yardage over the middle play!"
    Not even one. I was watching it with my cousin and we were disgusted with the play calling.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Well I've seen enough, the Giants aren't going anywhere with this line, which seems to be a theme amongst a few teams this year, teams that haven't made the effort to get their line even passable are getting exposed

The Giants are an awful team right now. That o-line needs some serious revamping. And by the time that happens, Eli will be retired and OBJ will have moved on to another team.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Marvin is capable of surviving a nuclear holocaust.
    I'm assuming you are a Pittsburgh fan because of your avatar. I live in Pittsburgh and I know people who are adamant that Marvin Lewis is a great coach because of how he took the Bengals from being a nightmare franchise to a competent franchise, but at this point it's gone on too far. 7 playoff appearances is fine and dandy but not a single win is uncalled for.

Okay, I think it's time to start worrying about the New York Giants. I picked them to win the NFC East this year and right now, they're playing like one of the worst teams in the NFC. They can't score points. They can't stop teams when they need to. They're really struggling, even though pretty much every other team in the division did them a favor by not going 2-0. Now, we've seen the Giants recover from an 0-2 start before and win the Super Bowl. But that was a different team. I'm not saying they can't do it again, but they've got a lot working against them now. I think they'll turn it around, but only if the offense gets going. Brandon Marshall needs to actually contribute and OBJ needs to heal. Right now, nobody on that team looks like they're on the same page. That needs to change and change soon before they dig themselves into too deep a hole.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I'm assuming you are a Pittsburgh fan because of your avatar. I live in Pittsburgh and I know people who are adamant that Marvin Lewis is a great coach because of how he took the Bengals from being a nightmare franchise to a competent franchise, but at this point it's gone on too far. 7 playoff appearances is fine and dandy but not a single win is uncalled for.
    With what we know of ownership I think competence might just be the the ceiling for the Bengals.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

If we lose to the Cleveland Clowns on Sunday, I'm hanging it up for the year.

I feel so dirty for having defended Chuck Pagano last season.

There are nine 0-2 teams right now.
    Chicago
    NY Giants
    NY Jets
    LA Chargers
    Cleveland
    Indianapolis
    San Francisco
    New Orleans
    Cincinatti

The season was always going to be a write-off for the Jets, 49ers, Browns, and Bears. The rest of the AFC West is too good for the Chargers to compete, and they have abandoned their old fans while not winning new ones. The Colts are finished if Andrew Luck doesn't come back. The Bengals probably have to fire their coach in order to turn things around. The Saints will remain dangerous as long as Drew Brees is their quarterback, but he is getting old. The Giants are the most likely to turn things around, but will they?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    There are nine 0-2 teams right now.
    Chicago
    NY Giants
    NY Jets
    LA Chargers
    Cleveland
    Indianapolis
    San Francisco
    New Orleans
    Cincinatti

The season was always going to be a write-off for the Jets, 49ers, Browns, and Bears. The rest of the AFC West is too good for the Chargers to compete, and they have abandoned their old fans while not winning new ones. The Colts are finished if Andrew Luck doesn't come back. The Bengals probably have to fire their coach in order to turn things around. The Saints will remain dangerous as long as Drew Brees is their quarterback, but he is getting old. The Giants are the most likely to turn things around, but will they?
    If the Colts continue losing, and it's not inconceivable they could lose their first four games, you have to wonder if it would be worth it for Luck to play even after he's declared healthy since the team stinks on wheat. As for the Bengals, they'd have to go 0-16 before they'd even entertain firing Marvin Lewis, I'm not hardly kidding about that. The Saints-Adrian Peterson team-up is already looking like one of those bad marriages both parties regret the next morning (funny thing is, the same could easily be said for the Eagles-LaGarrette Blount union), meanwhile, that team needs to start over. Lastly, the G-Men are awful, especially on their offensive line which is going to shorten Eli Manning's remaining career, and he figures to be running for his life when he comes into the Linc this Sunday for the Eagles' home opener.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You know ... Niners are 0-2 and one of those losses was against the no offense Seahawks ... on the road.

I don't think the NFC West is particularly good this year.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-19-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: brain fart ... FFFFFFPPPPTTTT
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

The worst part is, what do you tell Frank Gore about this season? He's been the best acquisition to the franchise not named Andrew Luck since the departure of #18 and Pollian. Grigson returns this Sunday now a cog in the Factory of Sadness, dude couldn't find talent with both hands. We're talking draft picks and free agents, all overpaid and with a handful of exceptions over 6 years, all under performing. I've been off that Pagano narcotic over a year. I turn the channel when he speaks now. If they lose this Sunday I'm in the crib with the shades drawn the rest of the football season. The shit part is the AFC South is still within reach if you can manage the Tacks but they are running out of the doable part of the schedule with no Luck.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I don't think the AFC West is particularly good this year.
    XD

and yet they have 3 2-0 teams
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

If the Colts lose to Cleveland on Sunday, then I think Pagano will be fired before the end of the season. He may end up being the first coach fired at the rate he's going. At this point, it might just make more sense to keep Luck on IR and rest him for 2018.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    XD

and yet they have 3 2-0 teams
    I meant NFC!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I forgot to post this Sunday. It was the lone bright spot from the Cowboys game:

That's quite amazing for a TE.

He also passed Marvin Harrison for 4th all time in catches, behind only Jerry Rice, Tony Gonzalez and the ageless wonder himself, Larry Fitzgerald.

AND, Witten also broke Ed “Too Tall” Jones’ record for most games played as a Cowboy.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-19-2017 at 05:59 PM.