Page 31 of 209 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Are we civilized barbarians or barbarous civilians getting our violence on in every aspect or our lives?
    That's a good question. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. I watch many other sports that don't require violence (save for the occasional fight in hockey), but football is what draws us all in to watch it's highly choreographed brutality.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's a good question. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. I watch many other sports that don't require violence (save for the occasional fight in hockey), but football is what draws us all in to watch it's highly choreographed brutality.
    Kenny Stabler was my favorite player back in the day. When Snake died of colon cancer, it was later discovered that he suffered from CTE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Considering how far back his behavior goes, they should be suing the NCAA and Florida State as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Considering how far back his behavior goes, they should be suing the NCAA and Florida State as well.
    Speak of the devil....

Don't Be So Quick to Label CTE as the Reason for Aaron Hernandez's Behavior

From the article:

Hernandez’s behavior started to change radically when he was in high school, almost immediately after his father died. He showed signs of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, though it was never diagnosed. He hung out with a different crowd. At times he was distant, at others charming, and he seemed to go back and forth with frightening ease. We still don’t know the full extent of his drug use. He was investigated for a double shooting in Florida in 2007—when he was a college freshman. Character concerns caused him to fall in the NFL draft.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I don't think you can say CTE made Aaron Hernandez a killer. The guy was rumored to be part of a gang since high school. That he wanted to be in the gang life.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't think you can say CTE made Aaron Hernandez a killer. The guy was rumored to be part of a gang since high school. That he wanted to be in the gang life.
    While that is true, they've also been finding CHILDREN with CTE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

a better game than i expected last night
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    While that is true, they've also been finding CHILDREN with CTE.
    We have now been able to verify CTE in a lot ex football players now, but only a small handful are doing things like Hernandez. There might be correlation to violence or other things, but being an outright criminal scumbag? Nah, that's a rare case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    a better game than i expected last night
    I see people raving about how good Jared Goff is playing, and I'm like, "On the other hand, he did that to the Colts minus Luck, the 'Skins, and then the 49ers. Call me when he lights up Seattle's defense, Houston's, or Arizona's later on in the schedule."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I see people raving about how good Jared Goff is playing, and I'm like, "On the other hand, he did that to the Colts minus Luck, the 'Skins, and then the 49ers. Call me when he lights up Seattle's defense, Houston's, or Arizona's later on in the schedule."
    It was only his 10th career start. But you see the tools he has. He has great touch and he did keep a couple drives going himself with his arm with nice passes. But as Collingsworth brought up , he needs to work on handling a pass rush better , which means stop going backwards and step into the pocket more. But he's growing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think the best thing that happened to Goff was Fisher getting fired, Gurly too (he only had 6 TDs last year). It seems Fisher was holding back that offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I think the best thing that happened to Goff was Fisher getting fired, Gurly too (he only had 6 TDs last year). It seems Fisher was holding back that offense.
    I think we're seeing how good Andre Whitworth is at LT. Take him out of Cincinnatti, their offense is suddenly a disaster. Plug him in out in L.A., and all of a sudden the Rams are at least competent.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Seattle, the team that almost lost to the 49ers at home? Bring 'em on!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I have a hunch LA is going 2-0 over Seattle this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think the Rams will win 6-7 games this year. This season is about pretty much letting Goff grow with this offense , so don't expect huge things. But basically him taking those steps. Goff has looked a lot better than last season. Where he struggled a lot.