Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

By the way, NFL legend Y.A. Tittle passed away at 90. HOF QB that played for the Colts (same city, different organization that went defunt), 49ers, and Giants. He's largely remembered for his 49ers and Giants years of course.

I just read a book by Dave Newhouse chronicling the 49ers days before the dynasty era in the 80's. It was interesting to hear about during Tittle's days a 49er when he was basically competing with established veteran Frankie Albert. The 49ers were new to the NFL at this time and trying to establish themselves as one the better teams like they were in the AAFC. Tittle had a lot of good games with the 49ers, and almost got to championship game in 1957 before the team choked against the Lions in the second half. Sadly, Tittle had to play with four different coaches during his tenure in San Francisco, and I'd say one of them, Buck Shaw, was a good fit. Tittle later had his potential realized in his twilight years when he was traded to New York. At least he made it to a championship game there and later the HOF.

Damn, we could use some Tittle to Owens in SF right about now. Can't see Bryan Hoyer throwing 7 touchdowns in a game.

I watched a documentary on the fake punt and history of the trick play today.

Danny White was the best at it (former QB and all) but most of his big ones were runs!

Also, I saw that KC is the most successful fake punt team since 1999 (3 away from catching up to the all-time leaders the Cowboys) and the second best all-time.

Seattle also falls victim to the most trick plays of any team with New England 2 "trick" plays away from tying the Jets.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What a tough pill to swallow. Anyone feel like beating up a Gatorade cooler with me?

Snorting a white, powdery substance...

Yah, maybe it was baby powder. His nose had a rash.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

To be honest I thought Jemele Hill should of been suspended for her Trump remarks....but now they chose to suspend her for what she said about Jerry Jones, it makes ESPN look very stupid, and weak right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Snorting a white, powdery substance...

Yah, maybe it was baby powder. His nose had a rash.
    This might be one of the better collections of really dumb decisions I've ever seen

let's see, snorting coke to being with, doing it while at your work place, taking video of it, giving that video to someone else, falling in love with a stripper, being surprised when that doesn't end well, doing all this while married with kids, I can't decided which one was the best worst decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    To be honest I thought Jemele Hill should of been suspended for her Trump remarks....but now they chose to suspend her for what she said about Jerry Jones, it makes ESPN look very stupid, and weak right now.
    Honestly I don't care about the political leanings of it but putting out more politically motivated tweets within a month of getting an ass chewing by her boss for basically the exact same thing isn't the most career minded move. Especially when ESPN has a history of firing plenty of people for not well thought out social media stuff.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Honestly I don't care about the political leanings of it but putting out more politically motivated tweets within a month of getting an ass chewing by her boss for basically the exact same thing isn't the most career minded move. Especially when ESPN has a history of firing plenty of people for not well thought out social media stuff.
    Just found out about this. I'd be shocked if Hill doesn't tell ESPN to pound sand and quit, unless she likes the moolah she gets from the Worldwide Leader too much to leave.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This might be one of the better collections of really dumb decisions I've ever seen

let's see, snorting coke to being with, doing it while at your work place, taking video of it, giving that video to someone else, falling in love with a stripper, being surprised when that doesn't end well, doing all this while married with kids, I can't decided which one was the best worst decision
    I suspect it was intentional career suicide. Perhaps he couldn't handle the pressure or was just burnt out and decided to go a little crazy, see what would happen. The worst decision for him might have been not resigning last year before things got really, really bad with the organization.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The New York Giants are now projected to have fewer wins than the Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.932cee4a868c

If the Giants lose every game and get the first pick in the draft, then they should draft Saquon Barkeley. He should give them a running game.

Draft the QB from UCLA. Then, at least, we could have a someone to replace Eli when he calls it quits...or is killed during the season.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HangManJones View Post
    Draft the QB from UCLA. Then, at least, we could have a someone to replace Eli when he calls it quits...or is killed during the season.
    But will Ben McAdoo be around to coach Eli's successor? If the Giants finish with fewer wins than the Niners or Browns, could McAdoo get the chop?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

They definitely should draft a QB. Give whoever a season or two learnong from Eli.
    That is the way it should work.
    If they do draft #1. I would assume there will be a new GM and Head Coach.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But will Ben McAdoo be around to coach Eli's successor? If the Giants finish with fewer wins than the Niners or Browns, could McAdoo get the chop?

He would probably be placed on a seat made of molten metal, and given one more season to turn this mess around.

If anyone should get the ax, it's the GM. We need someone who can build a team with usefully draft pics, and trades that can help us. Reese has had to many more misses then hits, the two Super Bowl seasons not whitstanding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They definitely should draft a QB. Give whoever a season or two learnong from Eli.
    That is the way it should work.
    If they do draft #1. I would assume there will be a new GM and Head Coach.

New GM? Yes.

McAdoo may be given a pass because of his 11-5 season.

Dear God that was some really REALLY bad football I had to slog through to see a Star Wars commercial

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Dear God that was some really REALLY bad football I had to slog through to see a Star Wars commercial
    LOL! That's the only reason I watched the last two minutes before the half. I just wanted to see the new SW trailer.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor