Page 64 of 209 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Well at least I know for sure that the Broncos are pretenders now rather than being strung along further into the season. KC has this division locked up. The loss to the Steelers whom they regularly struggle against is now negligible. And honestly, I could see LA creeping into second place with the wall Denver and Oakland are hitting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well at least I know for sure that the Broncos are pretenders now rather than being strung along further into the season. KC has this division locked up. The loss to the Steelers whom they regularly struggle against is now negligible. And honestly, I could see LA creeping into second place with the wall Denver and Oakland are hitting.
    I expect NE will get to the playoffs, but are likely a one and done team this season unless they fix those defense issues. Or more likely, the first weekend they get to play another playoff pretender and can lose the following weekend instead.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I see Brocos wr Derby cut his long hair.

The Giants look like the 2000 Ravens tonight.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

20-10 The Broncos won't quit but it may be to late.

I don't know what's going on this season anymore

The Eagles are the best in the NFC!

THE EAGLES!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Eagles have home field advantage in the NFC!
    Whoa! Whoa! Let's pump the brakes! The season is only six weeks old, still 10 games left, plenty of time for anything to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Eagles are the best in the NFC!

THE EAGLES!
    I know, right? Plenty surprising, and no one here is more surprised than I am. I predicted a 9-7 record, and they're halfway there already.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bummer about Rodgers. It always surprises me how these top contending teams have so little at backup QB. I guess part of it is because it's hard to keep a good QB as backup because they want to play, but boy: Packers in trouble.

I'm sure a lot of other QBs are gonna be extra cautious after this for some weeks.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Every team in the AFC East is .500 or better. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Bummer about Rodgers. It always surprises me how these top contending teams have so little at backup QB. I guess part of it is because it's hard to keep a good QB as backup because they want to play, but boy: Packers in trouble.

I'm sure a lot of other QBs are gonna be extra cautious after this for some weeks.
    In Brett Hundley's defense, he went in cold and wasn't prepared, thus the INT's he tossed against Minnesota. But, yeah, contenders who have ironmen at quarterback and never come out of games, save for injuries often have total scrubs for backups as better passers opt for free agency the first chance they get if they know they're destined to collect splinters on the bench. That makes for one hell of a balancing act head coaches have to do, especially if the only option to keep a really good backup in town is to overpay, something most GM's are loath to do, given the finite financial resources of a salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In Brett Hundley's defense, he went in cold and wasn't prepared, thus the INT's he tossed against Minnesota. But, yeah, contenders who have ironmen at quarterback and never come out of games, save for injuries often have total scrubs for backups as better passers opt for free agency the first chance they get if they know they're destined to collect splinters on the bench. That makes for one hell of a balancing act head coaches have to do, especially if the only option to keep a really good backup in town is to overpay, something most GM's are loath to do, given the finite financial resources of a salary cap.
    The Patriots pretty much overpaid to keep Jimmy Garoppolo around. One has to wonder if their defense would have been better had they let him go. Guess its not harming them that badly overall, but it will really depend on how their post-season goes.

Gotta kind of suck for Garoppolo. He's sitting around doing nothing but collecting money, while many other in his draft class have tons of starts.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Patriots pretty much overpaid to keep Jimmy Garoppolo around. One has to wonder if their defense would have been better had they let him go. Guess its not harming them that badly overall, but it will really depend on how their post-season goes.

Gotta kind of suck for Garoppolo. He's sitting around doing nothing but collecting money, while many other in his draft class have tons of starts.
    Must be terrible.

He'll be able to walk and talk in his 70s, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Must be terrible.

He'll be able to walk and talk in his 70s, too.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Jimmy G. will still be living a full and healthy life by then while Tom Terrific is dribbling soup in an assisted living facility after CTE turned him into a vegetable.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-16-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Holy crap, there's a really good chance that after this three game road swing, the Broncos come out at 3-5. Next week in LA is their only shot at a win, but the Chargers are improving. If they can't get a win there, they're going 0-3 for the 3 game road stretch because they are not going into Arrowhead and getting a win nor getting a win in Philly with the way the Eagles are playing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El