Page 79 of 209 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3131

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Beat me to it. Miami looks to be throwing in the towel. I feel they go as Cox goes but the Eagles are going to the Superbowl.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Beat me to it. Miami looks to be throwing in the towel. I feel they go as Cox goes but the Eagles are going to the Superbowl.
    To be honest, I was hoping for offensive line help after Jason Peters was lost for the season from a knee injury against the Deadskins two Sundays ago. The Ajayi trade came right out of left field.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is a bizarre move. Don't the Eagles already have 3-4 RB's like Sproles , Blount and someone else already ? Why would you add another one to the mix ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is a bizarre move. Don't the Eagles already have 3-4 RB's like Sproles , Blount and someone else already ? Why would you add another one to the mix ?
    I don't know. The RB depth chart before the trade was like this:

LeGarrette Blount
    Wendell Smallwood
    Corey Clement
    Kenjon Barner (mainly kick returns)
    Darren Sproles (IR)
    Donnel Pumphrey (IR)

Again, I wanted O-line help. Skill players we got, road graders we need.

Eagles now have two big running backs, and Dallas doesn't have theirs. They are toast.

Guess another way to ensure you can always run the ball is just to have a million running backs. Thats always an option.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Watching NFL Network and saw that the Bills acquired Kelvin Benjamin from Carolina.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Watching NFL Network and saw that the Bills acquired Kelvin Benjamin from Carolina.
    Whoa. Did not see that coming. I can't believe Cam is too happy about that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Whoa. Did not see that coming. I can't believe Cam is too happy about that.
    I know. That sounds like the sort of move a team might make when they're out of the playoff race and pushed the reset button on the roster. But at 5-3 and only a half game behind NFC South leading New Orleans, the Panthers are very much in the postseason chase, I can't figure out that move.

The Bills only gave up their 3rd and 7th round picks too, I know Benjamin's hasn't really turned out like they wanted(though how much that was him or Cam's throwing is up for debate) but that's a rather cheap haul especially if the Bills keep overperforming

this has been an unusually active deadline

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That is kinda stupid to do if your Carolina. Your removing one of Newton's threats down the field he needs. What is wild is , the Panthers have done more to hurt Newton with letting WR's go (Steve Smith , Ted Ginn Jr) than helping him. If Newton struggles the rest of the way , don't be shocked if its for this reason. And its not like Benjamin was a bust. The guy was hurt in 2015 (missed that season) but he's a guy who is gonna crack 900-1,000 yards this season for the Panthers as usual.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Apparently the Bengals and Browns tried to make a deal to send A. J. Macarron to Cleveland but couldn't do it before the deadline. Think Macarron should breath a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    What we learned today.

1. Bill Belichick values short term Brady over long term Jimmy Garoppolo.

2. Tom Brady will most likely retire in a Patriots uniform.

3. The Cowboys season is over

4. The Denver Broncos defense has lost the will to bail out it's offense.
    I'm reading the BB was willing to pay close to starter money to keep Garappolo as a backup next season, but he was adamant on being a starter somewhere. If he left as a free agent the best they could get is a very late 3rd rounder the season after next, whereas by trading him now they get a high to mid 2nd rounder next draft. The only chance to get more was to use a franchise or transitional tag - which prevents it from being used on anyone else, will be much more expensive, and likely wouldn't have resulted in a 1st round pick anyways.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    What we learned today.

1. Bill Belichick values short term Brady over long term Jimmy Garoppolo.

2. Tom Brady will most likely retire in a Patriots uniform.

3. The Cowboys season is over

4. The Denver Broncos defense has lost the will to bail out it's offense.
    Uhm, what? How do you figure? Just because Zeke is out? Yes, he's a great player, but we have a stable of some pretty darn good RB's.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't know if there season is over, but losing him while headed into the hardest part of their schedule would be pretty disastrous, no other RB on their roster has more than 13 touches this year, and having to jump in while opposing team defensive starters are in mid season form is a lot to ask, especially without the O Line the team's accustomed to