Page 8 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

I fully expect the Pats to be fine, its just week 1, but this tastes sweet considering all these sports media talking heads who were flat out acting like the Patriots had no competition at all in the AFC. Talking about them being as dominant as the 2007 undefeated squad. This won't shut them up, they'll make excuses to save face, but its nice for an AFC team to come right out of the gate and show that there's other teams in the conference who have a chance.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My face after realizing I left Kareem Hunt on the bench of my fantasy team:

On the upside, the guy I'm playing had Gronk, and he under-performed for him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm so damn joyful I picked the Chiefs.
    And since the chiefs are a pretty good team not a true upset

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    My face after realizing I left Kareem Hunt on the bench of my fantasy team:

LOL!! How could you not play him?? He's a must start every week!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Andy Reid has to be a genius at guessing on offensive players. Young ones at that. Earlier today he cut CJ Spiller and told everyone...were going with Kareem Hunt at RB . This after him and Dorsey cut friggen Jeremy Macklin at WR in camp.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The only fantasy football I have ever been interested in.

look colored people
    and well done too

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I fully expect the Pats to be fine, its just week 1, but this tastes sweet considering all these sports media talking heads who were flat out acting like the Patriots had no competition at all in the AFC. Talking about them being as dominant as the 2007 undefeated squad. This won't shut them up, they'll make excuses to save face, but its nice for an AFC team to come right out of the gate and show that there's other teams in the conference who have a chance.
    Also no doubt Cowherd is wirried that the Pats aren't going 14-2 which is extremly laughable.
    No damn way they defeat all of theae teams The Broncos, Saints, Bucs, Raiders, etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    LOL!! How could you not play him?? He's a must start every week!
    Oh, I thought so, but second-guessed it for Leonard Fournette. Mostly, I thought, "A Belichek defense let a rookie shred him? Naaah... that doesn't sound possible."

I thought wrong, clearly.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

And its not like Kareem Hunt did much this preseason to say , hey ...gonna be the fuckin bomb on opening night and do his version of Jamaal Charles . I mean did anyone expect that ? I know many thought Tyreek Hill would show up to torch folks...but not some rookie who got some carries behind Ware for a couple games.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Here is an amazing stat , Tyreek Hill now has 11 career TD's ...his average per TD ....47+ Yards. That is his career average for all his TD's thus far.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

That felt good, seeing the Chiefs defense wipe that smirking grin off Brady's puss.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    That felt good, seeing the Chiefs defense wipe that smirking grin off Brady's puss.
    Yeah, that made for quite the shocking outcome. Two thumbs up to the Chiefs!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, that was quite a way to start the season. While I didn't pick the Pats to go back to the Super Bowl this year, I still expected them to beat Kansas City on opening night in their home stadium as they hoisted their fifth championship banner. To see them lose like they did was pretty surprising. But the reason I didn't pick the Patriots to be as good this year is because of all the losses they had on defense in the offseason. Well, this game kind of vindicated that. They really missed Ninkovich last night. I can't remember Alex Smith being that pressured near the end and Hunt's performance was just insane. I have a feeling that the Patriots will make adjustments, but they're going to be feeling those defensive struggles for the rest of the season. You don't give up over 500 yards of offense on opening night without some struggles being apparent.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

However, last night's Chiefs win may have been costly:

Andy Reid: Eric Berry may have torn Achilles' tendon
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Guys, the NFL is totes fair and all because they finally suspend Josh Brown 6 games!!!!!

Totally a coincidence that it comes on the day the judge announces a TRO for Zeke or no TRO.

What frakin hacks the NFL are, this is just so the NFL can say they don't give unfair punishments. I hope the judge sees through this bull.