Default DC Related Celebrities Bucket List

I went to DragonCon for the first time this past weekend and got to meet John Wesley Shipp. I grew up in the 90's so I was (and still am) a huge fan of the Flash show from back then. Fast forward to today and now he is playing my favorite Flash, Jay Garrick on the current show. He was super personable and spent a good five minutes talking to my wife and I about the two shows. We got a photo and he autographed my Flash TV Special comic from the 90s. Meeting him was definitely a bucket list item I can check off. So it got me thinking, who are your DC related celebrities you have met or want to meet ?
    Last edited by Jekyll; 09-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.

I want to meet Ms. Dana Delany. I simply want to give her some flowers and say thank you.
    I want to meet Ms. Margot Kidder and Ms.Amy Adams. What can i say? I love Lois Lane.
    Can't say what will i do if i meet them. Just one thank you may suffice. Well can one ever plan what to talk when one meets?

More Lois Lanes are absent because i have not seen the series like Smallville and Lois and Clark. But i want to meet them just on principle. What else will one do after seeing the series respectively?

Sadly i have no stories of meeting any celebrity. I saw your thread and answered it.

It is not a bucket list. Just wishes i have which will more likely remain unfulfilled.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-10-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Sorta DC related...
    I got to meet Elvira last year and picked up a signed photo.

And I met Marv Wolfman several years ago at a small con. It wasn't very busy and we got to talk for a while.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I met Adam West at a car convention when I was a kid. He hit on my stepmother. He was really the only one in my bucket list at that age. Him and other cast from the TV show.

I also had the great fortune as a child of maybe 11 to tour the DC offices and meet Julie Schwartz (I knew exactly who he was and what he'd done by then) and he was actually sort of our tour guide. It was a one person tour, just for me.

In later years I pitched a Martian Manhunter mini over the phone to Andy Helfer when I was 18 and he loved it and used a lot of my ideas in the Ostrander written mini several years later. And in my 40s when I was considering a career change, a friend put me in touch with Judd Winick to talk through my possible involvement with DC Comics. None of these things went anywhere but they were all very cool encounters.

That's leaving out creators I had the good fortune to meet at conventions.

I got to meet Josh Keaton (Green Lantern), Cameron Bowen (Robin) and Greg Weisman (Young Justice) at Long Beach Comic-Con.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Oh man. There are quite a few that I would LOVE to meet. Screw Hollywood or movie celebs. Or NFL players. I would lose it if I could meet some of my favorite comic creators.

I would love to meet Dan Jurgens and talk some hardcore Superman with him. Gerry Conway. Peter David. Geoff Johns. Roger Stern. Jerry Ordway. ROY THOMAS. John Ostrander. Marv Wolfman. CHUCK DIXON. Doug Moench. Jim Aparo. William Messner-Loebs. Mark Waid, maybe, he seems to have gone a little off recently.

The Number one guy I would have loved to have met is no longer with us though. The great Julius Schwartz.

All these guys are legends and my celebrities. Would be a dream to meet some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh man. There are quite a few that I would LOVE to meet. Screw Hollywood or movie celebs. Or NFL players. I would lose it if I could meet some of my favorite comic creators.

I would love to meet Dan Jurgens and talk some hardcore Superman with him. Gerry Conway. Peter David. Geoff Johns. Roger Stern. Jerry Ordway. ROY THOMAS. John Ostrander. Marv Wolfman. CHUCK DIXON. Doug Moench. Jim Aparo. William Messner-Loebs. Mark Waid, maybe, he seems to have gone a little off recently.

The Number one guy I would have loved to have met is no longer with us though. The great Julius Schwartz.

All these guys are legends and my celebrities. Would be a dream to meet some of these guys.
    That is a nice list!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Here is a fan of comic books. Not some guy like me. I like your list.
    After respectfully keeping Lois Lane aside, I want to meet Grant Morrison. I have enjoyed so many of his books especially the ones on Superman. Also, Alan Moore. He has given some really great stories with Superman. I lost so many great stories of Superman due to DC. Someone i wanted to meet but can't is Christopher Reeve. He is Superman. I recently saw his first Superman. He was magical. And my eyes are not tinted with nostalgia. My first movie was Superman Returns.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-10-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That is a nice list!!
    Thanks. I'm kinda a huge DC fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Here is a fan of comic books. Not some guy like me. I like your list.
    After respectfully keeping Lois Lane aside, I want to meet Grant Morrison. I have enjoyed so many of his books especially the ones on Superman. Also, Alan Moore. He has given some really great stories with Superman. I lost so many great stories of Superman due to DC Someone i wanted to meet but can't is Christopher Reeve He is Superman. I recently saw his first Superman. He was magical. And my eyes are not tinted with nostalgia. My first movie was Superman Returns.
    Thanks. I'm personally not a huge fan of Morrison. Especially his Superman stuff. Guy drops way too much acid before he puts pen to paper for my taste lol.
    But to each his own. Glad you'r enjoying the man of steel.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I met Chris Bachalo once, but he didn't say he was Chris Bachalo, he just said he was the artist on the current Dr. Strange series at the time, in which Chris Bachalo was working on. He could've been a fill in artist.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-10-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Mighty Member

I met and have the autographs of the entire JLU cast except for Michael Rosenbaum. So I very much hope he comes to a con near me at some point.

I was lucky to meet Adam West, Yvonne Craig and Frank Gorshin before they passed on. Also Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, Lee Meriweather, and John Astin who played the Riddler when Gorshin wasn't available at the time. I also got to meet Val Kilmer. Very nice guy. Margot Kidder, John Wesley Shipp, Dean Cain and Helen Slater. All very classy guys.

Would love to meet Linda Carter, Brandon Routh and Camren Bicondova.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That's awesome, I would love to meet Shipp.

I want to meet Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman