Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default XMEN BLUE #10 Spoilers and Discussion

-Beast has a drink with Gazing Nightshade and they talk about the secret’s Hank has been keeping from his friends but he feels, he can’t turn back now. Hank leaves when he bumps into the Goblin Queen and she insists they go through with their plans.

-In the Danger room, Iceboy trains with Danger, and she insists they he’s not ready for combat. Iceboy gets upset and they two start battling. Danger taunts him for not being over Romeo who is still ignoring him and Iceboy lets her have it.

-Meanwhile, Lorna and Magneto are having coffee and she reveals she’s not sure she can stay as a teacher considering her troubled relationship with Magneto, but he assures her he needs someone to keep him on his toes and question his decisions, so Polaris agrees to stay.

-Jean and Scott are out having a walk and talking about their psychic rapport and how awkward that can be to hear each other’s thoughts. They both seem to think it might be inevitable they end up back together but Scott wonders how Jimmy will affect them.

-Jimmy and Angel fly to see the officer Kira Lee, and she’s called them over because she needs their help.

-Meanwhile, the Goblin Queen coaches Beast through a spell and remarks on how talented he is. Just then, Hank turns into a White Beast, and trembles occur throughout the mansion. A portal then opens and out walk some mysterious characters.

-Jean tells Scott that he has nothing to worry about with Jimmy but he can’t help feel jealous. The two bond more and come in for a kiss, just when they hear the explosions inside. They rush back in and fight off demons around. They deduct that Hank caused this and look for him. Just then, Goblin Queen introduces her friends: Pixie, Colossus, Bloodstorm and Nightcrawler. She reveals she was jealous the O5 all had their friends showing up so she wanted her own.

-At this point, Magneto, Polaris, Iceboy, and Danger have all been taken out for are still alive. Beast finally shows up but Jean is unable to contact him and claims Hank is not there, so the Beast jumps to attack Cyclops.

To be continued…

Hell what did Hank expect to get out of it?

And more versions of other realities appear as if we had not have many.

Then Scott and Jean got closer and Romeo is ignoring Juliet hehe.

Boy, there was really a lot going on...

Not happy with the Jean and Scott getting closer...

I enjoyed it but it all felt a bit rushed somehow

Molina..... Molina..... where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare yooooooooooooou??

Blue has quickly lost the spark from its first couple of issues. Back to not caring about this O5/book.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Blue has quickly lost the spark from its first couple of issues. Back to not caring about this O5/book.
    I'm sayin -- MOLINA brings the FLAVAH'

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another great issue from Bunn.

I thought that Cullen was able to balance the cast very nicely compared to the past issues. Everyone had something to do this time around, although this step forward does end up going back a bit by the end. Hate that we finish with everyone but Scott and Jean being taken out. I assume they'll join the fray eventually, but it was still disappointing. I'm happy to see that Lorna's role is to keep Magneto in line. It was the role I was speculating she would have in this book, but unlike Psylocke, Polaris has always had an affinity with Magneto, so I don't feel like it's going to play out in the same way it did in Uncanny. Curious to see what Jimmy and Warren will find out about Jimmy, and if they'll come in at the end to help everyone. The alternate reality Hex-Men were cool, though I could care less about any version of Pixie. Just can't stand that character. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-30-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i love every scott/jean moment i can get but i dont want jean lusting for jimmy or jimmy for jean. he should be his own character and not discount logan

Again tyke is pining after jean. Very sad. Very pathetic. It's all he has. . His ass ain't **** in the end he can't move on. Pathetic loser
    Again love triangle bullshit and I'm not here for it

Just when I think maybe Bunn has decided to not add the dreaded love triangle...

So Jeen likes Jimmy, Scott's jealous(have a little self respect for yourself and move the F on), but Jeen says he shouldn't worry, and she finds all the guys cute, but she doesn't love them, then they get closer... DA FUK?

Anyway, some other things:
    trust-soundproof.jpg
    No Magneto, Charles wasn't trusting. He was just a world class telepath who mindwipe almost anyone.
    hear_thoughts.jpg
    That is not how you draw shoulders...

Anyway, Blue is loosing my interest.

I didnt pick it up. And I am so glad after reading the review.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Again tyke is pining after jean. Very sad. Very pathetic. It's all he has. . His ass ain't **** in the end he can't move on. Pathetic loser
    Again love triangle bullshit and I'm not here for it
    Bebbeh gurl, whatchoo here for? Tell me e'ryting.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-30-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm sayin -- MOLINA brings the FLAVAH'
    VERY true, but its suffering from Gold's similar problem of being a little too throwback. It's far less exciting than Bunn's previous X-runs and is missing the dark edge that is present in his best works.

I'm trying my best to if not accept the all-new ol' 5 then at least get into Jeen, but it's an uphill battle that is just not working.

Magneto still thinks Emma is an enemy despite SE and I'm glad Polaris stays.

I get #$%& because none of them care or mention the names of Wanda and Pietro .

BANNED

VERY true, but its suffering from Gold's similar problem of being a little too throwback.
    Why is it throwback? Cause the triangle? Otherwise, I think this book is going into new ground and doesn't feel throwback to me.

Bunn's previous X-runs and is missing the dark edge that is present in his best works.
    This is the teen 05, why would you expect a "dark edge" in these books?