Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I liked it too, batman sides with riddler on condition riddler's men don't kill anyone. So for the time being he only has the joker to deal with. He will betray the riddler by the end I'm sure. King said, as long as he's on the tittle Batman will always be Bruce and will always be a good guy. Though i'm curious what's that horrible thing Batman did during the war.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering if this "horrible thing" is something Batman, while not being the one who actually did it, is taking responsibility for doing. I imagine this War is going to cause both in lives and in other collateral damage and Bruce is the sort who would blame himself if his involvement with Riddler resulted in a lot of people getting hurt anyway. He is siding with the lesser of two evils and his motivation for doing so is likely because he wants to protect as many innocence people as possible.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering if this "horrible thing" is something Batman, while not being the one who actually did it, is taking responsibility for doing. I imagine this War is going to cause both in lives and in other collateral damage and Bruce is the sort who would blame himself if his involvement with Riddler resulted in a lot of people getting hurt anyway. He is siding with the lesser of two evils and his motivation for doing so is likely because he wants to protect as many innocence people as possible.
    Maybe he had something to do with Kite Man's kid's death??

LoL, Kite Man alone in that theater clapping had me laughing.

I laughed in the Mr Freeze scene hahaha, that was genius

This is such a strange arc imo. It feels like so much is rushed or happening off panel and is just told to us. Like I don't feel the weight of this war, it being so bad the city is a war zone and Batman has no choice but to take a side. It feels like I'm missing half the issues.

I could see this being something that's revisited off and on.

BANNED

Did Riddler kill Kite Man's kid and Batman just stood there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I liked it too, batman sides with riddler on condition riddler's men don't kill anyone. So for the time being he only has the joker to deal with. He will betray the riddler by the end I'm sure. King said, as long as he's on the tittle Batman will always be Bruce and will always be a good guy. Though i'm curious what's that horrible thing Batman did during the war.
    You mean besides getting Kite Man's kid killed? Besides getting those hostages killed? Besides working for a mass murderer? Hell, take your pick, because he hasn't really done **** else besides bang Catwoman and invite Joker and Riddler to dinner while people are dying in droves.

The art is great in this series but the story telling is crap.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    "I guess he's doing Riddler things now"?

The dialogue in this book...
    ... is amazing and unlike anything we've seen in a Batman book before? I was about to say the same thing.

Different strokes, as they say.

I read this issue like I was a kid again discovering what made me love Batman and his whole supporting cast, and in fresh, imaginative ways like panel by panel. I actually thought while reading this issue, this issue is getting better by the panel.

"To each his Dulcinea" as The Man of La Mancha goes and I always say everyone's opinion is the correct opinion and the only opinion they could have, so I don't dismiss yours or call you wrong. You aren't. You're right, for you.

My experience has been the opposite. 45 years of obsessive reading of Batman comics (every single one from then on plus a TON of back issues) and Tom King's run is actually my very favorite of all time. I've never loved anything more than Batman comics and I've never loved Batman comics as much as I am now, during King's run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    ... is amazing and unlike anything we've seen in a Batman book before? I was about to say the same thing.
    Nope. I was gonna say the exact opposite.

I think people might had been expecting to see the actual war. So Bruce would tell the flashback and then the next pages would be the story in the past.

But we actually are seeing the war, it's just I think some readers were thinking we would see more of it. Like, seeing the Rogues kill people vs. seeing bodies on top of bodies while Bruce is talking about how people were dying.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I think people might had been expecting to see the actual war. So Bruce would tell the flashback and then the next pages would be the story in the past.

But we actually are seeing the war, it's just I think some readers were thinking we would see more of it. Like, seeing the Rogues kill people vs. seeing bodies on top of bodies while Bruce is talking about how people were dying.
    Indeed I was expecting the battle of the bastards in comic form.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Is there any reason Batman couldn't have just been doing all of this on his own? He seems to be doing most of the work of stopping the villains so I'm not sure why he needs to work with RIddler unless it's the manpower of Riddler's villains that's making the difference. But it still seems like he could just as easily be taking the baddies out on his own.

I've never seen Wesker go feral over losing Scarface. Granted, this version of Wesker is a little more bulky then usual...

And why the heck is Man-Bat on Riddler side? What does Langstrom get out of this? He shouldn't even be transformed at this point unless they've altered Man-Bat's New 52 origin .
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Did Riddler kill Kite Man's kid and Batman just stood there?
    Yeah, that really threw me off. I know Batman will probably betray Riddler in the end but watching just stand there, interrogating Kite Man, while Riddler mentions with glee how he killed Kite Man's kid just felt really off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that really threw me off. I know Batman will probably betray Riddler in the end but watching just stand there, interrogating Kite Man, while Riddler mentions with glee how he killed Kite Man's kid just felt really off.
    I read a theory that Batman wasn't actually in this issue. Riddler's just disguising several of his allies as him to play mind games.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)