Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Yoda or Obi Wan in Last Jedi?

CBR suggests one of the rumors is that they might show up:

http://www.cbr.com/star-wars-the-las...ts-and-rumors/

What do you suppose the odds are that either one will show up in some form in the next installment? Frank Oz does a lot of voices so it's possible he's doing some other character's voice but this is definitely a good sign! When we last saw Obi-Wan at the end of Jedi he was in the form of Sir Alec Guinness so it's a safe bet he won't be returning! But they might do a flashback. Maybe having something to do with Luke as a child. The article suggests that he might have something to do with Rey's parentage but she seems a bit young to have had anything to do with him. Regardless, it would be great if either one of them showed up!
    Assassinate Putin!

I could easily imagine a meditation scene where Rey once again, but this time more clearly and noticeably for her and the audience, hears Obi-Wan and Yoda speaking to her. I rather doubt they'll be seen though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ewan actually had a small voice cameo in "The Force Awakens" at the end of Rey's vision. When Ren shows up, we hear Alec Quiness say "Rey!"(An edit of his older lines). The concept art with TFA-and indeed a lot of the old EU-toyed with the concept that force ghosts are capable of altering their appearence to different times of their life. TFA concept art included Anakin morphing into Vader (and vice versa) as did the old Legacy comic series (although that might be a hallucination). So Ewan could technically pop in as Obi-Wan's ghost, with perhaps a bit of CG Alec.

I see it sort of happening a bit like this scene from 2010...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rjUfaXNII0

As for Yoda, we've pretty much seen him look the same all the time (The TPM puppet attempted a slightly younger look, but it didn't really work out).

While the early EU pretty much wrote out the Force ghosts almost immediately as sort of ascending to a higher plane of existence so Luke could stand on his own (In Zahn's Heir To The Empire), there doesn't seem to be anything similar introduced in the new canon yet.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-10-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth