Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If you're going to collect Johns's run, I wouldn't advise getting the Omnibuses, as they're horrendously overpriced. The first omnibus in particular only contains 13 issues of his run, and retails for $75. The corresponding OOP trades can be found for much less, or you could buy the digital issues from Comixology for $2 apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    If I want to buy johns flash run in singles what issues would that be?
    The Flash Secret files #3, The Flash 1/2, 164-225, Iron Heights one shot, The Flash: Our Worlds at War 1, and Wonder Woman 214
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

His Wally West run is my personal favorite.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

His Wally West run was mostly light, but pretty great. I had little to no exposure to Flash comics before reading it, and it drew me in fairly easily. I especially liked the issues that spotlighted the Rouges. Jonh's shorter Barry Allen run didn't pump me up as much, but I did like the three issue Blackest Night Flash mini he did.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

It's great. It's true that Wally sometimes acted as a minor character in his own story, but when it comes down to it, you sometimes need some variation. The runs previous really focused on him and it was nice to see his supporting cast really fleshed out, but that's not to say he was entirely ignored. I say Wally is my favorite character in comics because he went from kid sidekick to angry teenager to having to take up the mantle as a kind of a jerk 20 year old then kind of becoming his own man in Barry's costume throughout the first part of his run (Messner-Loebs and Waid) and then Johns' run was about him becoming the Legacy and finally coming to terms with his place. It also featured him having kids.

Wally was a really great fleshed out character with all of the goalposts making perfect sense. It's too bad we lost him in favor of Barry Pre-Flashpoint and now he just doesn't exist. Well at least there are back issues...

Extraordinary Member

I'd say yes. Blitz especially is probably my favorite Wally West story, though it's tied with The Return of Barry Allen depending on the mood I'm in.