Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just as how Batman and Robin and Superman Returns were irrelevant to people who wanted a WW movie or a GL movie or whatever.
    You seriously think the first two films played no role in how song it took the last two to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You seriously think the first two films played no role in how song it took the last two to happen?
    Um, read what I said

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay how do I put this? I have zero interest in Beware The Batman. I do not care that Beware The Batman was cancelled halfway through it's first season. This is completely and utterly irrelevant to me and the people who want a WW animated series. Just as how Batman and Robin and Superman Returns were irrelevant to people who wanted a WW movie or a GL movie or whatever.
    People who wanted those movies. Not the people who made those movies.

Incredible Member

Personally, I'm not too concerned about the lack of Wonderverse announcements...yet. Although we're in September, the Wonder Woman movie and success is still relatively new, and it caught Warner Bros. and the world completely off guard. I've worked in organizations that has had 9 departments - which is obviously much, much smaller than DC/WB - and it takes weeks/months for decisions to be made. Every department involved wants to have a voice in the process, the data needs to come in, the data needs to be interpreted, then decisions need to be made off the data, etc. I'm hopeful that DC/WB are having those meetings as we speak. Personally, if we don't here any Wonderverse announcements by mid 2018, then I would get very worried. However, with the Wonder Woman sequel set for late 2019, I'm hopeful that early 2019 will have the release of animated movies, series, games, etc.

I was curious, and I decided to look at the announcements for the Guardians cartoon and Deadpool. According to wiki, Guardians animated series was announced a week before the movie, but the Deadpool animated series wasn't announced until May 2017, more than a year after the movie. The Suicide Squad animated movie was announced this year at Comic Con, again almost a year after the hit movie. Also, the Guardians TellTale game wasn't announced until December 2016, more than 2 years after the movie.

I say that to say that we're still early. Now, as for what I expect DC/WB to actually create to extend the brand of the Wonderverse, I actually think an animated series, mobile games and a TellTale game would be their first major initiatives. I think the creation of the DC streaming service gives a Wonder Woman animated series the best chance at life it's ever had. Cartoon Network is obviously not invested in DC properties - sans Teen Titans Go - but the streaming service could allow for a show that is much more akin the the old Batman/Superman animated series. It also would not be beholden to toy sales, and since women help to create and share so much social media, a great show would surely trend on Twitter and other social networks giving the show and the streaming service the attention it needs. I also think the best bet for the streaming service is they are going to need a lot of content - and content the audience wants - to sell the service, and right now, the audience wants Wonder Woman. An animated series in late 2018/early 2019 would be a great way to build momentum for the movie, awareness for the brand and help the new streaming service be attractive to consumers.

As for games, I think it'll take a while before DC/WB invest in a Batman Arkham type game. However, I can see an experimental mobile game for Wonder Woman to test the market and a TellTale game. Luckily, we've gotten new Steam data https://steamspy.com/app/203160 that shows Tomb Raiders has sold more than 5 million copies on its service. Also, Horizon, another game with a female protagonist, has sold phenomenally well. http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...million-copies This data could push WB to attempt a high budget Wonder Woman video game, but I suspect they'll try the lower budget attempts first.

As for merchandise, Wonder Woman is expected to sell a billion dollars in merchandise this year alone, so I expect DC/WB will continue to push Wonder Woman on that front. Heck, they announced a second wave of Wonder Woman Funko Pops not too long ago. There's also the DC Super Hero Girls brand that features Diana, Ares, Cheetah and to a lesser extent Giganta quite heavily.

As for animated movies, I actually wish the Batman/Harley movie could have been a Wonder Woman/Harley movie where they must team up to stop the Joker and Dr. Poison from creating some deadly Joker Venom. People seem to be enthralled at the idea of Wondy and Harley interacting and both have shown themselves to have tremendous selling power. I think a team up movie could have been tremendous and I think their interactions could have been both dramatic and comedy gold.

Mighty Member

Regarding Beware the Batman, it's been a very bad time lately for action cartoons on Cartoon Network in general, and its cancellation was a symptom of that. It got it the worst, but Young Justice, Green Lantern, and the entire DC Nation block was axed around the same time. Sure, Justice League Action is on that channel and it's been treated better than Beware, but it's still on a terrible schedule and it only airs once every week.

It's not just that Wonder Woman would be a risky idea for a series, but right now, it's a TERRIBLE time for action cartoons in Cartoon Network. The only animation DC currently has out is either TTGo (a comedy) or online projects. Even YJ returning is only via an online streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its time for WB to step up and make a video game starring Wonder Woman.
    Yes, in the style of Elder Scrolls/Witcher

If WB/DC made a Wonder Woman ThevAnimated Series, I would subscribe to their bloody new platform.

The thing is Beware and Bold was airing on CN. If you want an animated Wonder Woman series don't put it on CN. They axed CN because of toy sales and viewerships. So CN no go.