Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Determining the X-MEN's AGES, and Catergorizing Them By It

It's something I've given thought to again recently, and stems from an original, revisionist idea I had, about starting from scratch... in an "Ultimate U" sorta way, pretty much. Anyway, I just posted a basic breakdown of it in Lorna's app thread earlier today, and would like to get some feedback from other fans to see if they:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    My OCD or whatever, is compelling me to eXpand upon, and structure this better. So in order to get it out of my system... from oldest to youngest, in groupings:

The "Patriarchs & Matriarch(s)": Magneto, Xavier, & Moira... Mystique?

The "Teacher" (Mentor) "Class": Logan, Cable, Forge, Banshee, Bishop, Frenzy, Emma, Sage, & Domino... Deadpool?*

The "BIG Brothers & Sisters": Beast, Northstar, Archangel, Storm, Cyclops, Psylocke, & Sunfire

The "Middle Children": Longshot, Jean, Nightcrawler, CeCe Reyes, Gambit, Havok, & Dazzler

The "Babies": Colossus, Rogue, Polaris, & Iceman... Rachel, Kitty, & the New Mutants/X-Force alumni... Jubilee, Gen X, et al. ... Laura + the other Young & New crew

Sound about right? Suggestions are welcome!
    ... think I'm WAY off, on some of them?

* Added in.

Edit: Woops, accidentally added in an X-tra "r" to categorizing, too... oh, well, lol.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-05-2017 at 02:55 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

If we're being vague about it then this sounds right.

Jean should be with Scott and Angel, they were the same age. Iceman should be with the middle kids.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Rouge and Kitty shouldn't be in the same bracket. I'd say she would fall in with the middle children. Otherwise looks right with Endsongs changes.

I think, if we're starting from scratch, we should abandon all notions of continuity (eras/teams/even relations to an extent) and boil everything down to the core of that character, whilst also thinking about new, exciting interpretations.

Case in point- Cyclops. Total baby at the start of Evo, moves up to Big Brother. Big brother in Ultimate. Teacher in WatXM. I think there's room to bump him up to patriarch too, depending on the school focus and angle of the reboot.

As such, what's the angle of the new U? Because I think people would group people differently, depending on the context. If it was a small team, for example, I'd be putting Cyclops younger than I would if it were a more encompassing and impressive school setting, because I think his character would thrive as being that authority figure. Were it completely detached from a school setting, perhaps a la the outback or sanfran eras, I'd again be thinking differently.

I think about these kind of reinventions a lot! I think they're really cool and exciting and I wish we had more about. Film reboots, a new cartoon, a new Ultimate-style line. I'd love to see something like that. Fresh interpretations, rather than signing our souls completely up to the altar of continuity.

BANNED

Just wanted to say, that while I took when & in what order they joined/were introduced... how they come across, their entire historical canons, & other media iterations... also played a part, and maybe... probably, even more so.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-05-2017 at 03:08 PM.

I would probably bump Gambit up one.. or two.. and the bump Colossus, Polaris, Rogue, and Iceman up one also.

That's just how I view them though.. I don't pay attention to how old their supposed to be.

When it comes to the age of X-men, this is how I categorize them:

Elders (over 40s or plain old as dirt): Xavier, Magneto, Logan

Seniors (mid to late 30s): Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Angel

Juniors (early 30s): Iceman, Psylocke, Gambit, Bishop, Polaris, Havok,

Sophomore (late 20s): Rogue, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Dazzler

Freshman (early to mid 20s): Kitty Pryde, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Jubilee, Rachel Grey

Mind you, this is my headcanon, so it could be wrong in some instances - feel free to disagree
    Last edited by Nabu; 09-05-2017 at 03:45 PM.

CeCe was introduced as a working doctor, so she's older than Jean/Cyke/Storm who were still mid 20's at that time.

Jean is the same age as Cyke, Angel and Storm.

Iceman and Polaris are the same age as Havok.

Nightcrawler is only a year or so older than Colossus.

Rogue and Rachel should be about the same age, as are Karma and Cannonball. I guess Rusty too.

Moonstar is next, with Skids.

Kitty, Illyana(mutable given her Limbo and resurrection factors), Rahne, and Roberto are about the same. I guess Rictor and Boom Boom are around the same too. Chamber's probably here too.

Monet and Husk next. With Jubilee a year or two younger.

Then comes the Morrison, New X-Men, Young X-Men, Lights, WatXM, and nuGenX kids, but I don't care enough to sift them out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Considering the O5 only came from 'like 10 years ago', grown up Cyke/Storm/Jean/Angel would still only be in their late 20's, earliest of 30's. Beast is only a year or two older. Psylocke is about the same age.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Basing it entirely on canon.

40+: Charles, Erik, Raven, Logan, Moira, Sean, (Emma?), Nathan

30+: Hank, Ororo, Forge, Cece Reyes, Gambit, Sage, Betsy

25-29:Jean, Scott, Warren, Bobby, (Emma?), Rogue, Bishop, Colossus, Karma

20-25: Kitty, New Mutants (sans Karma), Gen X(Sans Jubilee), Maggott, Marrow

19 & Below: New X-Men, Gen Hope, WATXM students, Gen X2, etc

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Considering the O5 only came from 'like 10 years ago', grown up Cyke/Storm/Jean/Angel would still only be in their late 20's, earliest of 30's. Beast is only a year or two older. Psylocke is about the same age.
    The timeline for the X-Men is approximately twelve years based on that the sliding timescale is a strict 13 years going back to the F4's space flight. It could potentially be 14 now, post SW.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Northstar and Aurora were only 18 when they joined Alpha Flight, and 19 when they made their first appearance in UXM. So they're early 30's at the oldest.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 09-05-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Old as hell
    Wolverine
    Mystique

Old but deaged due to many reasons
    Xavier
    Magneto

40's
    Banshee

35+
    Emma
    Beast

30+
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Psylocke
    Angel
    Jean
    Nightcrawler
    Gambit

25+
    Havok
    Polaris
    Iceman
    Colossus
    Rogue

25-
    Kitty
    Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The timeline for the X-Men is approximately twelve years based on that the sliding timescale is a strict 13 years going back to the F4's space flight. It could potentially be 14 now, post SW.
    How old is Franklin?

He was born in 1968, and yet was only 5 in Onslaught, maybe 8 in 2014. I think 10 is closer to "true"(its always moving back and forth, adjusted over time).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I think, if we're starting from scratch, we should abandon all notions of continuity (eras/teams/even relations to an extent) and boil everything down to the core of that character, whilst also thinking about new, exciting interpretations. ...

As such, what's the angle of the new U?...

I think about these kind of reinventions a lot! I think they're really cool and exciting and I wish we had more about. Film reboots, a new cartoon, a new Ultimate-style line. I'd love to see something like that. Fresh interpretations, rather than signing our souls completely up to the altar of continuity.
    The outline in the OP, is indeed based on the (formerly) 616 versions we all know & love, for the most part... or (my) impressions thereof, anyway. The idea of grouping them together like that, came from a concept of de-aging them all, and I guess... doing a fresh, ground zero approach, maybe more in the "First Class" sense, now that I think about it. The order was pretty much the same, tho.

Fully ENDORSE! But I do like some familiarity, and consistency, in certain respects.

Forge is older than the main X-Men, closer to Banshee's age.

And Xavier is no where near as old as most people think (from the movies).

Morrison had him at 40 in New X-Men. (Of course his body was only a few years old, having been cloned around the NM's origin from Brood infestation.)

O5 canon puts him at starting the school 10 years after he lost Cain, which was in a war, which Charles went to right after graduating, and he went to university far ahead of schedule.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-05-2017 at 03:26 PM.