Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She has the same birth year as Jean Grey's tombstone
    Printed in different years, I imagine.

Even so, Jean was 24 when Dark Phoenix happened, according to the tombstone, but Cyke was still only 25 in Onslaught ("twenty f-" to be specific), so unless only one year contains the entirety of the Claremont run, you have to slide some things around!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Printed in different years, I imagine.

Even so, Jean was 24 when Dark Phoenix happened, according to the tombstone, but Cyke was still only 25 in Onslaught ("twenty f-" to be specific), so unless only one year contains the entirety of the Claremont run, you have to slide some things around!
    At most, Jean could only have officially been 21 or 22 with the sliding timescale in place, based on that the general age of the O5 is 28 or 29 and the majority of the New Mutants being 22 or 23, with them having been teens during Inferno, which was five or six years ago.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WHAT?! No way, doesn't fit, can't accept that.
    Morrison run said she was '27', but she very well could have been lying, since the girls were being mean to her.

Lobdell's Gen X -1 shows Emma aged 16 meeting Dark Beast in NYC after he was teleported there from AoA, which occurs "twenty years ago", so that would put her at 36 in Gen X 90's. That seems more likely for an accomplished businesswoman and high school level headmistress.

But, Emma's mini shows her as a young teen watching the O5 on tv, so modern writers see her as younger.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I'm not sure if this is totally accurate but I believe this is as close to the ages as possible.

(Early-Mid 30's)
    -Beast
    -Pyslocke
    -Emma Frost
    -Storm
    -Angel
    -Cyclops
    -Gambit

(Mid-Late 20's)
    -Jean Grey
    -Iceman
    -Polaris
    -Havok
    -Colossus
    -Nightcrawler
    -Bishop
    -Northstar

(Late Teen's-Early 20's)
    -Shadow Cat
    -Rogue
    -Rachel Grey
    -Kid Omega
    -Kiddie o5
    -Pixie
    -Magik
    -Elixir
    -X-23

Again I could be wrong since this is just my opinion, but I do believe this is really close to the characters ages. I also ignored wolverine and a few others because we all know they are old.
    Last edited by Victorian_Soul; 09-05-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I still think both Bishop & Frenzy tho, have seemed closer in age to Emma, Sage, & Domino, than Scott, Jean, & Ororo.
    I'd be pretty sure Sage is roughly the same age as Cyclops, having been recruited at the same time. Bishop is younger than the others; he was early twenties when he came to the modern-day, and is mentioned as being 25 some time around the end of the 90s.

BANNED

Default NEW Order, of JUST the Older & Younger X-MEN

There's no denying, IMO, that this group:

Bishop, Sage, Beast, CeCe Reyes, Psylocke, Archangel, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, & Nightcrawler

... has been portrayed as being more serious & mature, over the years, than THIS bunch:

Gambit, Sunfire, Longshot, Northstar, Havok, Dazzler, Colossus, Iceman, Polaris, & Rogue

,.. who are more like... the "problem" children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    I'd be pretty sure Sage is roughly the same age as Cyclops, having been recruited at the same time. Bishop is younger than the others; he was early twenties when he came to the modern-day, and is mentioned as being 25 some time around the end of the 90s.
    REALLY?! Holy crap, he always looked MUCH older to me than that, with the way he was drawn & presented. Could've been his personality too, tho, that just made him seem older. Damn, now I gotta do the list over again.

And I had head-canoned that Sage was recruited & sent to spy on the HFC, before any of the O5, were brought into the picture - my bad!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-05-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Sage was like 12 or so when she saved Charles in the mountains, which was just after Legion was conceived, and just after Charles met(got pick-pocketed by) 6 year old Ororo, so I think Sage is a bit older than the O5/Storm crew.

New X-Men should all be late teens to very early 20's.
    Gen X should be, collectively, in the late 20's.
    New Mutants should be around the late 20's and very early 30s.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Sage was like 12 or so when she saved Charles in the mountains, which was just after Legion was conceived, and just after Charles met(got pick-pocketed by) 6 year old Ororo, so I think Sage is a bit older than the O5/Storm crew.
    Noticeably older.

If Ororo was ~6 at the time then Jean, Scott, and Warren would have been 3 or 4. Bobby would've been in diapers.

That puts her on par with Charles himself tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    New X-Men should all be late teens to very early 20's.
    Gen X should be, collectively, in the late 20's.
    New Mutants should be around the late 20's and very early 30s.
    This would only work if Marvel time went faster than it does tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If Sage was about 12 when she saved Charles, he was about 25(he graduated super young and went to war, Moira broke up with him, and he's on a trip around the world to find himself again) then. So, Charles is still a bit older than her.

I still don't see where you get a few years gap between Ororo and Angel/Jean/Cyke. I think they are all the same age, within a year.

BANNED

Looks like Sage is back with Frenzy, Emma, & Domino, then, otherwise known as... the Cougar Crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Noticeably older.

If Ororo was ~6 at the time then Jean, Scott, and Warren would have been 3 or 4. Bobby would've been in diapers.

That puts her on par with Charles himself tbh.

This would only work if Marvel time went faster than it does tbh.
    It all should check out. The New X-Men and Young Avengers were part of the Thin Spandex Line, which definitely didn't seem like a team for 15 year olds and under. Plus, Anole (one of the youngest) is the Chairman of Boards and CEO to Worthington Industries, a whole company.

Jubilee may be the exception of Gen X because she's a vampire. But the X-Men regard the Gen X squad as adults. And I just gave them the "late 20's" to distance themselves from the New X-Men. They also should be a little younger than the New Mutants since most of them were already on X-Force at the time.

LOL The X-Cougars, sounds like a good team.