Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Gambit is 6 years younger than Cyclops. Because Cyclops was 6 when Mr. Sinister harvested his dna to create Gambit.
    lol

But wasn't Scott more like 12 when the airplane accident happened?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    lol

But wasn't Scott more like 12 when the airplane accident happened?
    No, he was 6 and Alex was 4. And their parents pushed them out of a plane with one parachute and Scott just holding Alex, wtfsrsly!

No, he was 6 and Alex was 4. And their parents pushed them out of a plane with one parachute and Scott just holding Alex, wtfsrsly!
    Where did you get that number from?

He doesn't look 6 here.

or here

Ultimate Member

Yeah because we all know that a six year old could totally hang onto his 4 year old brother when jumping out of an airplane and have both make it through without a scratch...even if they were a few years older then it would still be a big stretch to believe that neither would have gotten hurt...

Alex is 6 here, Scott is 10.

Gambit's hard to place for a few reasons. I think it comes down to how long the gap between his marriage to Belladonna/exile from New Orleans and the Mutant Massacre is. The Sinister clone stuff only works with the Third Summers Brother theory and we all know that that's Adam-X.

He was 18 when he got married, then spent an unspecified amount of time thieving about, then the MM, then more thieving about, then X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah because we all know that a six year old could totally hang onto his 4 year old brother when jumping out of an airplane and have both make it through without a scratch...even if they were a few years older then it would still be a big stretch to believe that neither would have gotten hurt...
    I mean, there was only on chute left. What were the parents to do? Cyke's blast cushioned their fall(when the chute caught on fire).

How old is Franklin?

He was born in 1968, and yet was only 5 in Onslaught, maybe 8 in 2014. I think 10 is closer to "true"(its always moving back and forth, adjusted over time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Franklin is still about eight. He's the focal point of the timescale, he can age without anyone else aging, for some reason.

I'm basing my limit on what Bendis, Brevoort, and an issue of Spider-Man have said.
    Yeah, Franklin is eight, as of the last Fantastic Four series - but he definitely should be older. He's around the same age as the two younger Power siblings, and was the fifth member of Power Pack. But Katie Power, the youngest of the four Power kids, is now 12.

So Franklin absolutely cannot be used as a guideline for everyone else's ages. He's clearly been de-aged at some point. His sister Val has also been three for over a decade, yet acts much older.

BANNED

You're right, Alex was six! Which would've made Scott 8. Gambit can't be that young though so Essex must've accelerated his aging or something.

Speaking of my mistakes I mixed up some of the New Mutants. When Kitty was 14 so were Illyana and Doug, while Magma was 15.

You're right, Alex was six! Which would've made Scott 8. Gambit can't be that young though so Essex must've accelerated his aging or something.
    I'm in favor of accelerated aging, for sure!

But it looks like the text specifies Scott as 10, Alex 6, so there is a bigger gap there. Maybe that makes Iceman older than Alex and Lorna by two or three years.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean is a full decade older than Kitty. Jean died at 24 when Kitty was introduced at 13 and a half. At that time Colossus was 18 and Nightcrawler was 21.
    Mostly everything else is spot on, but there's this. Jean cannot have been a full decade older than Kitty was at the time of her death anymore - she was on panel, but not anymore. IT doesn't make sense. Inferno was at least a full two years after the Dark Phoenix saga, giving Scott enough time to get with Maddie, conceive a kid, for her to have the kid, and for the kid to age into a toddler. We also know that the New Mutants at the time of Inferno, for the median age (which is Dani and Sam), were about 16. This was officially dated for the Limbo Kids arc of the last New Mutants volume as being five years ago at the time, when Cannonball was said to be 21, making him sixteen. With this in mind and the idea that Jean, Scott, and Warren are at most twenty-nine years old can't work. The implication then is that all of the X-Men stories told in the 90's, 00's, and 10's have happened within a three year timespan. Doesn't work, does it?

Also, Hank was 18 when Jean/Scott/Warren were 16. Two year difference. Bobby was 14.

But it looks like the text specifies Scott as 10, Alex 6, so there is a bigger gap there. Maybe that makes Iceman older than Alex and Lorna by two or three years.
    Alex maybe, but not Lorna. Lorna and Bobby were approximately 18 around the same time when he met her in San Francisco. Either way, this can be explained by the sliding timescale changing it.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 09-05-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Alex is 6 here, Scott is 10. ...
    Ah, that sounds better, and even a lil' more than I had it estimated at (3 years). I'm sayin' Bobby & Lorna are like 5 years younger, then, now. So yeah, all 3 are closer to Colossus & Rogue, like most originally assessed.

BANNED

4 years is too much to work with the 60s/70s stuff though. Alex and Lorna would've been only 17/18 during the ANAD transition which doesn't work at all. I'm reasonably certain Bobby and Lorna were said to be same age in the 60s too.

And actually Bobby should be younger than Kurt going by that Classic backup where he went all racist-like-dad on the new ANAD guys. Unless he just thought Kurt was older because he was drinking? Actually that makes me wonder how old Thinderbird was? Was his age with Warpath ever stated anywhere?
    Last edited by DDM; 09-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Emma Frost is at least 40.

Looks like Kurt was 21 in UXM Annual #4, published around the same time as UXM #139.