My take on the mutants age

Immortal :
    Selene, Apocalypse, Namor,

Very very Old (100+) :
    Wolverine, Mystique, Sabretooth, Shaw,

Old (50+ up to 100) :
    Prof. X, Magneto, Cable, Juggernaut, Destiny, Mastermind, Mister Sinister,

Middle Age (30+ up to 50) :
    Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Angel, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Pyro, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Havok, Emma Frost, Sunsfire, Avalanche, Psylocke, Forge, Bishop, Deadpool, Domino, Toad, Caliban, Multiple Man, Blob,

Young Adult (20-30) :
    Rogue, Shadowcat, Magik, Jubilee, Canonball, Iceman, Polaris, Dazzler, Boom-Boom, Legion, Blink, Syrin, Sunspot, Rictor, Warpath, Stepford Cuckoos

Teenager :
    X-23, Pixie, Karma, Wolfsbane, Leech, Nocturne, Franklin Richards,

Kids :
    Hope Summers
    Karma was the oldest of the New Mutants (19). If anyone were to be an adult of the New Mutants, it would probably be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    When it comes to the age of X-men, this is how I categorize them:

Elders (over 40s or plain old as dirt): Xavier, Magneto, Logan

Seniors (mid to late 30s): Cyclops, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Angel

Juniors (early 30s): Iceman, Psylocke, Gambit, Bishop, Polaris, Havok,

Sophomore (late 20s): Rogue, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Dazzler

Freshman (early to mid 20s): Kitty Pryde, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Jubilee, Rachel Grey

Mind you, this is my headcanon, so it could be wrong in some instances - feel free to disagree
    This feels accurate

BANNED

Why are people obsessed with making Emma young? Just because editorial was stupid enough to run with Morrison's little lie doesn't mean we all have to. Trust in Claremont. And Milligan I guess.

Freshman (early to mid 20s): Kitty Pryde, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Cannonball, Jubilee, Rachel Grey

Mind you, this is my headcanon, so it could be wrong in some instances - feel free to disagree
    Bump Psylocke (older than the O5) and Dazzler (same age as Scott/Jean/Warren) to seniors and Emma to Elders.

Also Jubilee's only around 19 now, she's a bit younger than the other NM and GX kids and actually closer in age to her students.

Bishop's hard to place. I'd agree he'd be in that age bracket when he first came to 616 but after all his time hijinks chasing Hope and later atoning for his sins he has to be in the elders camp now.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

About how I see it. I'd drop Jubilee into "Maxi-Freshman" as she was a teen during the 90s, not the same age group as the new mutants. Perhaps push Rachel up into her late 20s. She came from the future fairly grown. Otherwise, basically how I see it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Why are people obsessed with making Emma young? Just because editorial was stupid enough to run with Morrison's little lie doesn't mean we all have to. Trust in Claremont. And Milligan I guess.

Bump Psylocke (older than the O5) and Dazzler (same age as Scott/Jean/Warren) to seniors and Emma to Elders.

Also Jubilee's only around 19 now, she's a bit younger than the other NM and GX kids and actually closer in age to her students.

Bishop's hard to place. I'd agree he'd be in that age bracket when he first came to 616 but after all his time hijinks chasing Hope and later atoning for his sins he has to be in the elders camp now.
    Psylocke older than O5? Nah, I dont know about that. Emma, neither (thats a joke to piss off the Emma-ites here, right?). Dazzler miiiight be the same age as the older O5, but I can see her still being around Bobby's age.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Psylocke older than O5? Nah, I dont know about that. Emma, neither (thats a joke to piss off the Emma-ites here, right?). Dazzler miiiight be the same age as the older O5, but I can see her still being around Bobby's age.
    Dazzler's actually the same age as Scott and Jean. She'd already quit pre-law when they met in their early 20s.

Betsy is definitely older, she was already a working supermodel while Beast was still a highschool senior. Brian's around the same age as Peter Parker who's also slightly older than the O5. Betsy also said Kitty and Doug were half her age when she joined and they were 14/15 then, while Scott/Jean/Warren are exactly a decade older than Kitty.

Emma's no joke. Just because she fears aging doesn't mean her fans have to.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    About how I see it. I'd drop Jubilee into "Maxi-Freshman" as she was a teen during the 90s, not the same age group as the new mutants. Perhaps push Rachel up into her late 20s. She came from the future fairly grown. Otherwise, basically how I see it.
    Rachel also lost a couple years due to time hijinks. She was closer to Rogue's age when she first came to 616 but now she should be closer to Kitty's age. Mind you they're all pretty close, Rogue's only 3 years older than Kitty.
    Last edited by DDM; 09-06-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Psylocke is definitely older than Colossus/Polaris/Havok. She was already 30 when she joined, so she's also older than Jean/Cyke/Angel/Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I can see her as being around the same age as Storm, who I also often see being around the same age as Beast.
    Cannon in comics is a mess. It's impossible to take it seriously. I base my age groups on how they are portrayed. How they act. What they've done.

Storm is this much(maybe 6 years), plus 10 months, older than Legion.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No age given, she was a child soldier. Beast and Sage were said to be the same age in X-Treme I think.
    Sage had already manifested when she saved Xavier. She is definitely a child soldier, but at least 10, if not 12.

So, if that happens about 10 years give or take a few months before the X-Men are founded, that would make her just about Beast's age, if not a couple years older.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Do you really think Emma could have been younger than Jean and Scott in the Dark Phoenix Saga? Or that someone in their early 20's could be running a boarding school for high school students and run a powerful multinational company? When Ororo got switched into her body in 151/152, she commented on her fingers being stiff, and her eyes being almost blind. Even early Gen X makes her at least 36, which would put her at 10 years older than Scott/Jean. She's obviously a cougar: Demi, to Scott's Ashton.
    I don't think Emma's younger than Scott/Jean, necessarily, just that she can't be more than a few years older than them. Re: her accomplishments...she's a rich white woman who can also control people's minds. Nothing is a stretch based on those facts alone. If we throw her comment about being 27 out and assume Scott and Jean are 30, I can't see Emma being older than 35. I'd also think she'd be close in age to Sage.

With Tom Taylor confirming that Laura is about 20 years old, that strengthens the fact that the New X-Men are all in the late teens/early 20's.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Whatever age Jean was when she died (21?), she would have been about the same age as Bobby if not slightly younger when she emerged from the stasis/healing cocoon. Putting her at Bobby's age when she died (unless her body aged in the cocoon).

Rachel came to this timeline about 16/17 years old. She would be roughly about the same age as Rogue (if not a little bit younger), but I'd put her at like 22 now due to her being trapped in the timeline unaging for a bit before being rescued by Cable.

Psylocke is as old if not slightly older than the 05. She was an accomplished model, pilot, and secret agent all before her stint as Captain Britain, months of recovery from Slaymaster, leading to her capture by Mojo. Kwannon's body might be slightly younger, but Betsy is mid 30's.

And for the love of God Emma Frost is not 27. Do most people, especially insanely vain women, tell people their actual age? Do we honestly think that Emma Frost is telling the truth about her age? I honestly think Morrison was doing a bit of tongue and cheek there. There is no way that she is the same age as Iceman if not younger. She left school, was homeless for a period of time, and THEN enrolled in Empire State University where she met Astrid Bloom. Then a few years later she leaves/graduates ESU and joins the Hellfire Club. then a few years later the Dark Phoenix saga begins. So she is already in her mid 20's when this takes place. Bobby is 20 in Uncanny X-men 145 (as it mentions he's a sophomore in college). So if we are saying that the DPS was like 8 years ago for these characters, that still puts Emma squarely in her mid 30's, if not slightly older. She was an adult during DPS and was an adult when she switched bodies with Storm. She was in her late 20's when she taught Generation X with Sean. They were both clearly a decade or more older than those students. Claremont was clearly poking holes at her age and making jokes when Rachel came back and they had that psi battle. She is essentially the same age as Psylocke. Which makes sense since they are cougars and always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with making Emma old? She referred to herself as 27 during Morrison's run and is clearly supposed to be around the same age as Scott/Jean for the love triangle narrative to work. If we use the 13 years cutoff and assume the O5 were 15 - 18 when they started at Xavier's, Scott/Jean/Warren should be 29/30, with Hank probably 32 and Bobby 26/27.
    People dont need to all be the same age for a triangle to work. As others said, Emma was not 27 in that run. Its not uncommon for women to lie about their ages, especially someone vain like Emma