Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Despero vs Apocalypse

1st Fight is Pre New 52 Despero
    2nd Fight is New 52 Despero
    No BFR and No TP
    Who Wins?

Despero probably unless I'm forgetting some of poccy lips' wackier abilities

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Despero probably unless I'm forgetting some of poccy lips' wackier abilities
    Well, PIS off, Poccy just isn't getting hit here, right? He's dodged shots from all kinds of fighters, many faster than Despero - by which I mean "CBPH" in the case of Logan, I don't recall if he's done that to the BT Gambit, by literally just reshaping his body around the blows.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, PIS off, Poccy just isn't getting hit here, right? He's dodged shots from all kinds of fighters, many faster than Despero - by which I mean "CBPH" in the case of Logan, I don't recall if he's done that to the BT Gambit, by literally just reshaping his body around the blows.
    Umm...he's still fucked the moment Despero gets his hands on him and tears him in half like he did plastic man

Umm...he's still fucked the moment Despero gets his hands on him and tears him in half like he did plastic man
    How is he doing that? Poccy literally just oozes out of the way of faster people than Despero. Cyclops shoots a blast at him and a hole materializes in his chest, not getting touched at all. He's done that to Logan as well, just getting out of the way of his claws.

How is he doing that? Poccy literally just oozes out of the way of faster people than Despero. Cyclops shoots a blast at him and a hole materializes in his chest, not getting touched at all. He's done that to Logan as well, just getting out of the way of his claws.
    Yeah and Despero literally tags FTL people using their speed. Doesnt make him FTL

Seriously its just two bricks, one can shapeshift a bit, the others stronger

Yeah and Despero literally tags FTL people using their speed. Doesnt make him FTL

Seriously its just two bricks, one can shapeshift a bit, the others stronger
    That's just a ridiculous leap there. Poccy has literally never had any problem dealing with the speed of these people. His feats are just fine for dodging CBPH-ish folks.

Despero doesn't show any speed at all. He's certainly a ton stronger than Poccy, and I don't know how Poccy could beat him, but this idea that Despero just walks up and grabs him seems odd, given that Poccy has consistently been shown to have reactions in that region. Unless you are arguing that Despy is actually FTL?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

How durable is Pooky supposed to be? Because dodging around Cyclops doesn't seem necessary if he's a legit class 100 type.

Honest question. I don't get the impression he's the most consistently written dude. I mean, he's beating up young Thor on his good days.

Also being almost killed by vampires on his young and bad days.

Would a thunderclap do anything to Apoc?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah. Like, if Odinson can't hurt Pooky, and he's effectively faster than Logan, Pooky has a great shot. On the other hand, if Cyclops on down can hurt the dude, a thunderclap should at least let Despero grab him.

Man, these villain fights are getting silly, huh?

That's just a ridiculous leap there. Poccy has literally never had any problem dealing with the speed of these people. His feats are just fine for dodging CBPH-ish folks.
    Except when he does get blasted by Cyclops, tagged by Cable what have you

Despero doesn't show any speed at all.
    By the standards you are advancing? He totally has superspeed

He's certainly a ton stronger than Poccy, and I don't know how Poccy could beat him, but this idea that Despero just walks up and grabs him seems odd, given that Poccy has consistently been shown to have reactions in that region.
    Im not saying he grabs on to him or whatever but talking about a speed advantage based on basically...nothing at all doesnt help the debate

Again this could literally be used for evey single brick ever, and Ive never heard people say "hey but Namor has CBPH reflexes from tagging Cap" hence he beats...I dunno Mongul or some other brick

Apocalypse is not at all presented as someone with speed particularly better than any other brick. Manoeuvrebility maybe from the shape shifting

Unless you are arguing that Despy is actually FTL?
    Theres a certainly a better argument to be made for that than "dodged Cyclops' beams like x no of marvel characters" when he does things like tag Wally actively using *reaction speed* or fly up to and catch Jonn mid flight as he flies from the satellite to earth in seconds. And he doent get blitzed by multiple light speed ish folks! Give him FTL status already!

(no, Im not really arguing he has any speed to speak of but the argument for apocalypse boils down to even less than this)
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 09-06-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can't Apocalypse turn intangible or something? ISTR him doing stuff like that before, but his powers are pretty random.

Incredible Member

Apoc has very few feats sadly...
    They are mostly off-panel or are when he is weakened, etc.
    He can no-sell She-Hulk just fine. He has used one hand to restrain a Savage Hulk (while casually monologuing) and has a variety of other things (just mentioning physical feats at the moment).
    So make of that what you will.

Ehh Hulk was weakened to the point of dying at the time of said restraint or at the very least had wildly fluctuating power levels