Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Ghost Rider 1 Preview

Well, Johnny lucked out with a sexy therapist at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Johnny lucked out with a sexy therapist at least.
    I'm curious how Roxanne is alive again, I know in the last Danny Ketch issue, she came back to life in the cut out ending of that series but Aaron run indicate that her and the kids are in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm curious how Roxanne is alive again, I know in the last Danny Ketch issue, she came back to life in the cut out ending of that series but Aaron run indicate that her and the kids are in Heaven.
    Probably some kind of Supernatural horror thing that's also keeping him from being Ghost Rider.

wait wasn't he king of hell?
    The J-man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait wasn't he king of hell?
    Blaze gave the throne of Hell back to Mephisto in the King in Black: Ghost Rider one-shot that effectively concluded Ed Brisson's Ghost Rider, having been convinced that "better the devil you know" after being there too long had a corruptive effect on him, and went back to being a "regular" Ghost Rider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am so lost on Johnny Blaze nowdays. He really hasn't been readable since he traded in his shotgun for Ghost Rider powers again. It was such a simple concept too.... Possessed by a Demon that he tries to focus into doing Good with. But now? is it Zarathos? Is it not? Is Zarathos a Demon or an angel? Is there anything at all or is it all Johnny? ... Not to mention stealing Danny's look and powers when HIS Ghost Rider just blasted with Hellfire... Feels like every book I pick up is a complete reimagining of the character from the ground up. Ughhhh

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I am so lost on Johnny Blaze nowdays. He really hasn't been readable since he traded in his shotgun for Ghost Rider powers again. It was such a simple concept too.... Possessed by a Demon that he tries to focus into doing Good with. But now? is it Zarathos? Is it not? Is Zarathos a Demon or an angel? Is there anything at all or is it all Johnny? ... Not to mention stealing Danny's look and powers when HIS Ghost Rider just blasted with Hellfire... Feels like every book I pick up is a complete reimagining of the character from the ground up. Ughhhh
    Yeah and none of those reimaginings captures the simple concept you described. It’s all about power ups and gets farther away from what most ppl enjoyed to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    When you say it out loud like that is almost like Ghost Rider is marvel Hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah and none of those reimaginings captures the simple concept you described. It’s all about power ups and gets farther away from what most ppl enjoyed to begin with.
    You have pretty much summed the main issue of lot of superhero comics and their Japanese shonen equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    When you say it out loud like that is almost like Ghost Rider is marvel Hawkman
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You have pretty much summed the main issue of lot of superhero comics and their Japanese shonen equivalent
    The latest Hawkman series did a pretty good job of straightening out his backstories, as it were. As for your latter point, considering Japan has been delving into Western-style superhero stories more recently with My Hero Academia and One-Punch Man, not to mention Tiger & Bunny . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The latest Hawkman series did a pretty good job of straightening out his backstories, as it were. As for your latter point, considering Japan has been delving into Western-style superhero stories more recently with My Hero Academia and One-Punch Man, not to mention Tiger & Bunny . . .
    Hawkman has been "straightened out" like 3 times. The problem is that later writers keep screwing it up.

Am I the only one reminded of the Devin Grayson run?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hawkman has been "straightened out" like 3 times. The problem is that later writers keep screwing it up.

Am I the only one reminded of the Devin Grayson run?
    The Hammer Lane? Yeah, I remember that one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Hammer Lane? Yeah, I remember that one, too.
    All I remember is Grayson saying she never read the character, but liked him because she was a biker chick. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    All I remember is Grayson saying she never read the character, but liked him because she was a biker chick. *shrug*
    That is the most bizarre way to say "it is a job" I have ever seen. Is soemthign I notice lot of authors, not just in comics, do. Thye has enough somehow justify themselves, and not say just " I have no feelings, positive or negative for the character but I will do my best". Is weird.
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 02-19-2022 at 09:06 AM.