Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Now that you mention it they might have. My memory is fuzzy on that too though. Maybe someone else can help out there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That was the one where Cathy's Grandpa was missing and she and Jon fell down a well or something (#17). He was home alone watching monster movies when she came to him.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-06-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    That was the one where Cathy's Grandpa was missing and she and Jon fell down a well or something (#17). He was home alone watching monster movies when she came to him.
    Oh yeah! That's definitely one. There was at least a reference to another time, iirc, where he basically covered the house trying to make something? I think it was in Action, for comic relief.. kind of a "we remember what happened the last time" kinda thing. But I might be wrong on that.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Folks they have let Jon run off with damian for "training" before,on top of leaving him home alone,so nope not giving them a out on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Ok. Well I'm a woman. Who is married. And I'm a mother. And I had an issue with it.

It wouldn't have been "that bad" if this was the first offense. But it's not. This is a series of offenses. This is only the latest example in many examples of male writers stripping away the things that make Lois the person she is. She has been used almost exclusively in only domestic situations for the entire duration of this book. She has served food to men on a number of occasions. For God's sake, she had her freaking leg chopped off to fuel male drama and then, in the end, it was literally for nothing. I'm tired. It feels deliberate at this point.
    I was a casual fan of Superman. I started reading after Rebirth and i really love the Superman family. It is really refreshing to see married Superman and his family. And these are the books which made me fan of Lois Lane. Seriously she is the coolest mom for Jon and the most supportive companion Superman can ever hope for. This and Action Comics made me care for Lois Lane. I was apalled when her leg was cut off and considered dropping the book. I was relieved when it was false. She was the key in defeating Manchester Black. She protected her son when Superman was captured and that gave me the coolest ever moment of Lois in hellbat costume. I fell in love with Lois Lane. I would be the first to read anything featuring Lois. She is the best.

I can understand your anger. The books have focused on the family in general and Jon in particular. The adventures have been on the stranger side Dinosaurs, multiverse Superman, Frankenstein couple. The book shows her being the source of stability in Superman's dangerous life. I think the writers understand this. That is why there was a whole issue in Black Dawn where Lois was investigating which showed her quick thinking and resourcefulness. She completely overwhelmed the baddies by using the hellbat gloves and Batmobile. And there is the Imperius arc to look forward to. She looks awesome in that Fury costume. There is the Breaking Point arc coming up. Lois would have a bigger role.

So i say please try to keep patience. Lois has been sidelined in favor of Jon and Superman. But the books have been good and there are great moments with Lois too. It is a far cry from Lois who exposed Superman's secret identity. Good stories with cool moments for Lois has made me her lifelong fan.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Folks they have let Jon run off with damian for "training" before,on top of leaving him home alone,so nope not giving them a out on that one.
    Yeah, I was going to mention that, too, actually. Only reason I didn't was that he's not alone, he's with Damien, who has a direct line to Batman. But even if that were the case "seeing it while working on something else" just seems more "Lois" to me than just "I saw it on the news" with no qualifiers.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Three dimensional portrayal is pretty rare in comics. They mostly use tropes to fall back on. Well maybe Lois was on another job not on the case of missing children. They used an easy way to tell that the kids are alright.

I want more of Lois. That much is true. But if it is at the cost of good books and a Lois who needs always rescuing i will be bored very quickly. Give more more of Lois doing awesome things( i am looking towards Imperius) and loves both her husband and son. More of Lois Kent is always appreciated.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This was definitely more of the stuff I would like to see. There are plenty of other ways to do Superman, but we had both a domestic case and big superhero adventure that ended with him saving the villain's underling. Neat.

I'd really enjoy champagne coming back

Me too. Pretty much nothing I didn't like about how he portrayed Superman. Compassionate, check. Intimidating, check. Inspiring, check. Sarcastic (to the enemy), check. Confident, check. There wasn't a whole lot missing or overdone in the characterization.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    This was definitely more of the stuff I would like to see. There are plenty of other ways to do Superman, but we had both a domestic case and big superhero adventure that ended with him saving the villain's underling. Neat.

I'd really enjoy champagne coming back
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Me too. Pretty much nothing I didn't like about how he portrayed Superman. Compassionate, check. Intimidating, check. Inspiring, check. Sarcastic (to the enemy), check. Confident, check. There wasn't a whole lot missing or overdone in the characterization.
    Agreed. As much as I agree with the problems on Lois' role, his Superman is spot on.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Agreed. As much as I agree with the problems on Lois' role, his Superman is spot on.
    True i want Superman to be like this. I am burned by bad portrayals in other media. Sarcastic to enemy and intidimating is a welcome change. Or was he so in recent books? Just change a bit about Lois and we have Superman in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    True i want Superman to be like this. I am burned by bad portrayals in other media. Sarcastic to enemy and intidimating is a welcome change. Or was he so in recent books? Just change a bit about Lois and we have Superman in good hands.
    He's been like that quite a bit since Rebirth, and I know some portrayals in New52 had that, as well (especially early on). And honestly, the Lois changes wouldn't take much. Just thought and caring put into it so that even if there's a story where she isn't seen much, it leaves a good or strong positive impression with respect to who she is and what she does. Which is all Superman's ever needed as well, imo.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Jon and Lois, Perry and Jimmy... Superman has always been underrated in his cast of characters. They're great. But I read Superman because it's about Superman. In fairness one could say they overdid the streamlining. From Dirk and his daughter eating up a half issue to all Superman story arcs. But more of them doesn't make it a better Superman story, where less of him defeats the point of buying a book with his name as its sole headline.

Damn, what happened to the fight!? I didn't even realize last issue that this two part story had a fill-in creative team. Nothing wrong with that but, three artist, Jesus!...

Kal was really written well here. The writer of this issue should definitely get more work on Superman.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Incredible Member

This may be just a "fill-in", but its pretty good fill-in.

Thoughts:
    spoilers:

- Hope vs Fear is the running theme here, very apt considering how Superman literally wears a symbol of hope on his chest.
    - Suparallax is quite scary. I totally see the Superboy-Prime influence on that costume.
    - So, Parallax didn't like being possessed by others. Nice comeuppance. Fear is afraid of being controlled by the master of fear.
    - Nice seeing the Thunderers of Qward here!
    - Superman's fears. Very good!
    - Lyssa Drak looks a bit animesque, but she's an alien so it works for her, she has a otherwordly beauty.
    - Superman saves the Weaponer!
    - Superman defies Sinestro's will, then bails him out.
    - Is that Superman trapping fear itself inside a ring using his hope and promising it hope and protection?
    - Its a pity there's no reference to Superman's previous membership in the Sinestro Corps, althrough Supes using the yellow ring might be it.
    - Let's hope Sinestro makes good on that promise. Superman vs Sinestro's might, bring it!
    - Superman gives a choice to the Thunderer. Very good.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Slaughter; 09-07-2017 at 05:43 PM.