Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Yeah, ok, sure, we'll see. I'll believe it when they release a movies that beholden to things that happened in some random comic or whatever that nobody reads. Until then I'd just take it as a marketing gimmick to get nerds really into canon to buy more Star Wars because it's all equally "meaningfully" or whatever.
    We'll see when the time comes.

While not fully trained, he is trained well enough to do things with the Forace we've never seen before. He also seemingly beat Luke Skywalker, his former master that he turned on.
    I think that the Takodana scenes showed that Rey wouldn't've had a chance had Kylo not been injured. Also, we don't know the details of how Kylo attacked the Jedi school (did he bring First Order squads, was Luke even present for the attack?, etc.) Until we get the specifics, it's hard to say what exactly went down.

It seemed to help a lot, given he wasn't dead, and instead still on his feet and able to fight.
    I guess the question is how much of his Force usage was just for holding himself together and how much he could expend for extra stuff. We don't know for sure, but we do see him get worse and worse the longer he has to fight.

Someone that knows a different style of totally unrelated melee combat
    Like I said, her attacks are pretty clumsy when she tries that (she spends most of this time retreating as well).

But in lieu of that? He's trying to get her, and he's trying to do it whichever way he can.
    Doesn't he seem more vicious after she connects to the Force at the cliff? Like he was going a little easy before?

Not so clumsy she can't fight a person trained in using a Lightsaber.
    She was also in retreat and running the risk of loosing. (As I understand it, Kylo was in very bad shape, hence the extra effort needed to subdue her, but was probably going to win until Rey connected to the Force and changed the tide.)

Yes, the magic space wizard that draws power from negative thing was shot and shown hitting himself where he was shot throughout the fight.
    I don't think it's been exactly confirmed why he was hitting himself. However, if he was trying to boost his Force powers, it didn't work that well, as we see him deteriorate over the course of the duel.

By using material do you mean Saw Gerrera? Yeah, it seems like they used the name of a character from The Clone Wars.
    If you watch the R1 Blu-Ray features, they explain that they used Saw since he was a preexisting character that fit a slot they wanted in the movie's cast. The actor also watched the Clone Wars shows his character appeared in a p

It also seems like The Clone Wars Saw Gerrera is a totally different character, kind of like Rogue One developed its own totally original character without any thought of The Clone Wars, and then someone gave them the name of a character that was already around to use.
    Two decades of time will change people. It's not a mistake that the guy we saw in the cartoon became the guy we saw in the movie.

By the time he shows up in Rebels they aren't knew all about Rogue One, it's a movie tie-in thing. And that tie-in thing is something stuff does all the time. Many a movie tie-in comic book and video game have done the same things.
    Yeah, Saw's Rebels appearances were made to be prequels to his role in R1. However, when I said that R1 had Rebels materials, I was referring to the fact that they did things like put Chopper and the Ghost in the movie. The Hammerhead ships that played a role in the battle were also established in Rebels.

Oh wow, the other stuff doesn't match up with the movies? You don't say.
    Accidents happen. It's has no bearing on the sources validity, at any rate.

I wonder what level of canon tweets were under the old system?
    As I recall, "word of God" statements were taken as accurate, so I'm guessing a form of G?

BANNED

By using material do you mean Saw Gerrera? Yeah, it seems like they used the name of a character from The Clone Wars. It also seems like The Clone Wars Saw Gerrera is a totally different character, kind of like Rogue One developed its own totally original character without any thought of The Clone Wars, and then someone gave them the name of a character that was already around to use. By the time he shows up in Rebels they aren't knew all about Rogue One, it's a movie tie-in thing. And that tie-in thing is something stuff does all the time. Many a movie tie-in comic book and video game have done the same things.
    He was the Annie version of Darth Vader back in Clone Wars.

And he already was a violent radical back then, and that was before after fighting the Seperatists for years for the Republic, his planet got backstabbed by the former Republic, now the new Sith Empire.
    He just didn't look like a middle-aged Forrest Whitacker yet, because that would have requires psychic powers. Even so, I can still buy these as the same character.

Rogue one actually started as a plot line for the Star Wars live action TV show, and Saw was also a character planned for that show, but eventually he was used in Clone Wars instead. It's a bit unknown if the Saw that would've been in the show would've been similar to the one in Rogue One (As RO of course made many changes-K-2SO originally was going to be a Chewbacca-like alien, for example), but they both have a 'common ancestor' at least.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth