Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Justice League #28 Discussion

* Interaction between Kent family-Hunter and Clark-Hunter were great.
    * So Jon and Lois are dead. Jon dies fighting alongside his father, I thought JL were just MIA not dead.
    * I'm not a fan of Barry-Jessica affair, but I did enjoy the way Hitch has written them in this issue..
    * Clark hasn't bought the whole "Diana abandoning Hunter" deal.
    * Diana suspects if she is the cause of the darkness, well that's intriguing.
    * Good job thus far Hitch.

alright, so it wasn't revealed the dad?

Am I correct that this story makes it seem like the Kents never move out of Hamilton even though we've seen in Super Sons and in other issues that they have a place in Metropolis?

Cyborg and his son creep me out.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Am I correct that this story makes it seem like the Kents never move out of Hamilton even though we've seen in Super Sons and in other issues that they have a place in Metropolis?
    They're supposed to be in Metropolis, yeah, this is a pretty big mistake. Its messed up on more than one level right now. Tomasi and Gleason were supposed to have written the actual move but never did, it was solicited as something we'd actually see and Jon's sadness and unwillingness to leave had already been foreshadowed as something to deal with. Yet in the end they skipped over it entirely for reasons I don't understand. They currently are indeed in Metropolis again, though. So this title obviously didn't get the memo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    * Interaction between Kent family-Hunter and Clark-Hunter were great.
    * So Jon and Lois are dead. Jon dies fighting alongside his father, I thought JL were just MIA not dead.
    * I'm not a fan of Barry-Jessica affair, but I did enjoy the way Hitch has written them in this issue..
    * Clark hasn't bought the whole "Diana abandoning Hunter" deal.
    * Diana suspects if she is the cause of the darkness, well that's intriguing.
    * Good job thus far Hitch.
    Doesn't anyone find it interesting that whether it's Iris, Jessica or Linda, the Flash (Barry & Wally) have fraternal twins?

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    That's what I've noticed as well. it's getting even harder for me to treat this future thing as the real deal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Doesn't anyone find it interesting that whether it's Iris, Jessica or Linda, the Flash (Barry & Wally) have fraternal twins?
    Not sure what the ages are for the Jessica Barry kids. I've wondered if they were meant to be fraternal triplets even for a while.

But you actually make a good point I tend to think about that relating to Barry (what with his own twin, shhhh) didn't even stop to think it's true of Wally's kids too.

Amazing Member

Seems this was written a while ago.

Besides the Kents not living on the farm, Wonder Woman doesn't have her lasso while we know she has it again.

Astonishing Member

Well, we did see the Lasso last issue. Hunter made a whole thing about grabbing it.

As for the Hamilton house as far as I'm aware didn't they start to move out or somesuch and then it wasn't mentioned again? I remember some other folks on the Superboards discussing it. So maybe this is between the packing?

I really hope that D.C. will take the cue from this arc so far : a JL story can be interesting and successful without Batman (and I'm saying that as someone for whom Batman is the number 1 superhero).

This arc is compelling, with interesting characters and dilemna, and a sense of gravitas which sometimes lack elsewhere. Plus I really like the kid. I hope we can see them from time to time (annuals, strange time-shenanigans, etc.) in the future.

I really liked that Clark adopted Hunter. Hunter has quite a bit of anger towards Diana and a lot of respect for Clark. I really enjoyed Hunter saying that Clark always treated him as his own son, even though he never got along with Jon and Damian. So we have Clark with a biological son and an adopted son, best of both worlds. Seeing that Clark is the caring father figure for Hunter was a nice moment. I'm enjoying this arc a lot more than Hitch's previous work. Some solid emotional beats with a nice mystery and potential disaster of a future. Good stuff.

Justice League 30 cover variant Guillem March

Incredible Member

Curry is in the cover, but he doesn't even show up in this issue. Weird.
    See Hunter, this is why nobody likes you.

Wait a sec, Barry (blond hair) has a child with Jessica (black hair) and their daughter has red hair? Wait, what? How does this even work? Was Nora Allen a red-head? Otherwise I'm out.

So, the kids are going for the kill.

Now knowing that Jon dies in battle...I wonder if we're looking at a Knight of Vengeance type situation where Lois loses it after Jon's death. She's not dead, she's Sovereign. That would be some pretty big emotional stakes if it ends up Diana, Hunter's birth mother, vs a future-corrupted Lois, Hunter's step-mother.

Either way I'm positive its not Diana, she's clear misdirection.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El