Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Now knowing that Jon dies in battle...I wonder if we're looking at a Knight of Vengeance type situation where Lois loses it after Jon's death. She's not dead, she's Sovereign. That would be some pretty big emotional stakes if it ends up Diana, Hunter's birth mother, vs a future-corrupted Lois, Hunter's step-mother.

Either way I'm positive its not Diana, she's clear misdirection.
    more likely it's either Baz or Batman's daughter. But I like this idea, almost a reverse Injustice scenario.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Curry is in the cover, but he doesn't even show up in this issue. Weird.
    See Hunter, this is why nobody likes you.

Wait a sec, Barry (blond hair) has a child with Jessica (black hair) and their daughter has red hair? Wait, what? How does this even work? Was Nora Allen a red-head? Otherwise I'm out.

So, the kids are going for the kill.
    Red hair ist recessive. It only shows when you got the gene from both parents, which means it can skip several generations before showing up again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Now knowing that Jon dies in battle...I wonder if we're looking at a Knight of Vengeance type situation where Lois loses it after Jon's death. She's not dead, she's Sovereign. That would be some pretty big emotional stakes if it ends up Diana, Hunter's birth mother, vs a future-corrupted Lois, Hunter's step-mother
    I'm not sure I like the idea of Lois losing it and becoming a super-villain..for one thing, it was kind of already done in Booster and Blue Beetle's last ongoing during the New 52. I enjoyed that book, but only because it was meant to be a dark comedy.

Couple that with the cancer thing in Superman#30 and it just feels like editorial are being a bit too cruel to Lois right now if they go through with that.

OK I'll start the complaint train; I hate seeing Superman getting beaten up with Kryptonite and red sun tech. It's gotten kind of old and at times Superman has been able to fight on despite his enemies weaponising his weaknesses.

Its gotten really old, actually. Kryptonite is one thing. But I'm so tired of the ease of this emulated red sun ****. He does not need two debilitating weaknesses. Hell in DC's eyes today he has three with their dumb ideas about him and magic. Its ridiculous. Kryptonite is more than enough.

I long for the day someone does a "Kryptonite Nevermore" homage and someone tries to use a red light on Superman and he bathes in it like he's getting a suntan then crushes it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I don't mind Red Sun when its a thing that saps power slowly, like how it was used in the Ruin saga. "Red Sun Light Switch" is NOT ok.

Also to be fair here, Superman got totally surprised by Future Evil Cyborg Aquaman who's using kryptonite AND red sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Curry is in the cover, but he doesn't even show up in this issue. Weird.
    I thought so as well. It's likek it was the cover for the next issue or something.

Wait a sec, Barry (blond hair) has a child with Jessica (black hair) and their daughter has red hair? Wait, what? How does this even work? Was Nora Allen a red-head? Otherwise I'm out.
    The gene for red hair is recessive. It can skip several generations and hide in non-red haired people, and then get paired up in two non-red-haired parents (who each have one copy of the gene), resulting in a red-haired child (25% chance of getting the two recessive genes).

Or maybe it was the red-haired mailman? Who for some reason had a connection to the Speed Force...

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, Stardust, didn't see your post until after this.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 09-14-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Well they are making Superman useless. Before Kryptonite or red sun he can't land even a punch. This is not good. Even Lois got a hit with the baseball bat. This makes Superman highly over-rated. Let him be weaker but he can't land even a tiny punch! DC shall take note of this. Weaker heroes are not so helpless. Someone like Spider-Man appears to try his best when overpowered. But here Superman is like an overgrown baby. Even a baby would land a punch on Aquaman however ineffective it would be. Superman gets hit like a punching bag here.

Surprise factor + Kryptonite + Red Sun radiation + Arthur's formidable strength, Superman going down doesn't surprise me to be honest. Clark would recover and kick his Atlantean ass across the county soon. I'm totally against Clark having any weaknesses other than Kryptonite. DC should think about taking away the at least the red sun bull**** as soon as possible. Looks like the issue is gonna be action packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Well they are making Superman useless. Before Kryptonite or red sun he can't land even a punch. This is not good. Even Lois got a hit with the baseball bat. This makes Superman highly over-rated. Let him be weaker but he can't land even a tiny punch! DC shall take note of this. Weaker heroes are not so helpless. Someone like Spider-Man appears to try his best when overpowered. But here Superman is like an overgrown baby. Even a baby would land a punch on Aquaman however ineffective it would be. Superman gets hit like a punching bag here.
    The bold part, it was a joke, wasn't it?

I loved the misleading Aquaman cover...

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    The bold part, it was a joke, wasn't it?
    Not at all. What i meant was a baby would be more effective in fighting Aquaman then Superman here. Superman has taken a weird time to be non-violent. Lois managed a hit. But Clark couldn't even lift a finger.

I understand Kryptonite and red sun are his weaknesses but he shall not be so weak against them that he could not even try to hit back.

Such jokes are too old aren't they? He no longer talks to fish.