Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

This issue was a tearjerker it rips at your heart especially the letter.

This is the level of characterization that we need.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    This issue was a tearjerker it rips at your heart especially the letter.

This is the level of characterization that we need.
    I only got to skim my copy before I had to jump on a plane. I'm dying to get a chance to give it a proper read through based on the reactions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Bobby and Jean-Paul weren't close during the Austen run. In the Austen/Morrison era, the longest interaction JP and Bobby had was that exchange where Bobby threatened to kill JP if anything happened to Warren. Other than that, it was Bobby desperately chasing beards and being perplexed as to why JP would ask him to speak at his funeral. They didn't get to be friends until Liu's Astonishing, by which point Northstar was already spoken for.

If Kyle hadn't been in the picture first, I'd be OK with Grace's Bobby striking up a romance with JP, since this version of the character is working on getting his **** together. But prior to this, Bobby would have been a poor fit with Jean-Paul. A guy who kneecapped every aspect of his life because it was the easier path, and who didn't have clue one about how to deal with his issues would have been a disaster paired with someone as blunt, driven, and self-motivated as Northstar.

Even as a friend, I think it's good... well, OK, appropriate ... that Northstar isn't making an early appearance. Bobby needs to figure himself out at his own speed, and Northstar tends to try and push people to go at his pace. I love the guy, but patience isn't one of his strengths.
    There was an entire issue of Northstar crushing on Iceman and him being flirty back which was followed up in New X-Men and Wolverine Enemy of the State. On top of the fact that the end of Astonishing X-Men they had moment of friendship. I'm not saying they are besties; but there was chemistry there which I want to be explored. I certainly don't want Northstar upstaging the book or even rush into a relationship but some flirting would be nice as well as a nice queer supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I think Bobby should have a non-human boyfriend. Northstar could be Bobby's friend and he can help guide him as he fingers out what he wants in life.
    I actually loved the idea of an Inhuman boyfriend. However, Romeo is a little too cliche. He is not developed or even relevant to the Inhumans universe. But there are plenty of stories that need to be told about interracial dating (if that is even what it would be considered) and/or minorities discrimination of other minorities. IvX could have been so much more developed.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...-of-coming-out

Great article and some preview art.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Man, the preview art for #6 looks so much cleaner than Vitti's.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...-of-coming-out

Great article and some preview art.
    The preview art looks good! Excited for Bobby's L.A. adventure! I enjoyed the interview too, I knew Bobby had done the vapor thing before but couldn't quite remember when. It seems like the writer had a clear direction for him from the start and did research too, which I admire. I also liked the bit about how being a LGBT teenager in high school is easier these days thanks to progress and more open attitudes, but this may not be the case for older individuals who can't quite relate to that experience.

Great issue. Who could have guessed Iceman would have been one of the strongest from the X-line? It definitely deserves more sales. Hopefully the trades sell more after word of mouth has spread.

I vote for Bobby X Johnny, fire and ice baby! It'd be a great short relationship, but that's just me...
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I would say Sina Grace has definitely earned the right to pen more x-books in the future. His first impressions remind me of Gerry Duggan when he first started writing Deadpool.

Excited... continuity based.. true characterization.. full of heart.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

He liked my tweet about him. I need this to work for him because I feel like he would know these characters voices.

https://twitter.com/Stephen_NYMonsr/...50707343986689

Finally got to read this, definitely the strongest issue so far (and that says a lot because this book has been so consistently good!)

Bobby's parents reactions really hit home, my mom said some very similar things. To see that all play out really pulled at my guts. The letter absolutely killed me too, the way it was written and the framing of it alongside the fight scenes were perfect. The fight scene was really damn good too, I love how creative Sina and the art team are with bobby's powers.

And the vapour comment...good bye. I'm pretty sure a lot of people can relate to feeling that way. It was just such a great issue and I'm so happy that this book exists!
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 09-06-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

It was an ok issue i guess, i mean i didn't like the fast pacing of the fight and though i know that he is Omega i felt that Juggernaut at his current level shouldn't have had this much trouble but that's just me i guess. I think this was the first time i felt he grew as a character as opposed the other issues, again i may be alone in this, and i really don't like the art or have this whole fight in each issue as opposed to some character development.

Give Sina a team book already! He cares for the characters, he puts efforts on action scenes (lol XM Gold lol), he respects the old but brings in the new.

Line-up suggestion: Iceman, Rogue, Northstar, Cannonball, Karma, Boom-Boom.

I'm down for anything Iceman, Rogue, Cannonball. Boom Boom is the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm down for anything Iceman, Rogue, Cannonball. Boom Boom is the cherry on top.
    I miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I miss them.
    My favorite. What a fun book that was to read.