Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Battle of the Hunters - All-New Wolverine vs. Kraven

Saw this one on Comicvine, and I got intrigued by the matchup, as their skills and abilities on the surface would match up quite well with one another.

Wolverine (Laura Kinney) vs. Kraven the Hunter: Bred for murder mutant assassin vs. enhanced human tracker and hunter.

Round 1: Natural Environment, Rocky Mountains wilderness.
    Round 2: The heart of New York City.
    Round 3: An office building at night.
    Round 4: Race to track and apprehend a normal human target possessing standard wilderness survival skills, same environment as 1.

Current morals apply.* Both characters are aware the other is after them, but begin out of sight, and with no idea where the other is. Standard starting equipment, but each character can use whatever they find in their environment. Win by KO or kill.

* For purposes of the rumble, Laura's "No Kill" policy is interpreted as a general guideline, rather than a hard and fast rule, as established in ANW #23. Laura will therefore avoid killing if at all possible, but WILL do so if given no choice.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-05-2017 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

I think Laura can take this.

While I'm unclear of the full extent of Kraven's enhanced senses, Laura's are exceptional, and may be even keener than Logan's. She's known to be able to recreate entire crime scenes from scent alone hours after the events took place, (Innocence Lost and X-Force) and successfully tracked her cousin through the heart of San Francisco by scent hours, if not days, after being kidnapped. She was also able to detect Risman lying by scent when even Logan couldn't. Her hearing is also very acute (she could pick up Maria Hill speaking to Steve Rogers over his earbud from several feet away) and she's fully capable of seeing in the dark (at least according to Marvel Wikia Kraven has poor night vision). She's also very effective at utilizing her environment to advantage, such as burying herself in the snow to foil the advanced detection equipment in Cammi Benally's suit and successfully ambushing her. Laura is also capable of formulating multiple attack strategies on the fly, and adept at improvisation.

What's Kraven got to keep Laura's adamantium claws from severing his limbs? What's Kraven got to nullify Laura's adamantium durability along with her healing factor? She'll wear Kraven down and take him.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    What's Kraven got to keep Laura's adamantium claws from severing his limbs? What's Kraven got to nullify Laura's adamantium durability along with her healing factor? She'll wear Kraven down and take him.
    Only her claws are bonded with adamantium, so IF he can land a hit it will do damage. Getting past her healing factor (which is faster than Logan's since she's not fighting acute adamantium poisoning every day) is the bigger problem.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Wilderness/urban terrain, Sergei would set up all kinds of elaborate traps to capture Laura. He would use exotic poisons and tranquilizers to slow her down. However, none of that would have any lasting effect. In fact, Laura could "smell" a trap. And her metabolism would burn through any drug Krazen employed.

I know very little about Laura but around here Kraven is considered to be just below Spidey (high end bullet timer with Class 10-20ish strength IIRC) in physicals. He's also got some decent skill, comic book nerve strikes and such.

In short, Kraven trashes any CBPH, which is Logan Wolverine's level, so I hope for Laura's sake she's got better feats. From what I remember seeing in other rumbles, she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Only her claws are bonded with adamantium, so IF he can land a hit it will do damage. Getting past her healing factor (which is faster than Logan's since she's not fighting acute adamantium poisoning every day) is the bigger problem.
    Only her claws? I still say she wins in all situations. She's a more skilled fighter than Parker.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I know very little about Laura.
    Read the X-23 trades for starters

She might be more skilled than Parker (although Peter got some serious training recently from Shang Chi and the likes), but skill has a limit on what it can achieve when your opponent is so much faster than you that you cannot react to his attacks and he has the equivalent of an age to react to yours.

It's a similar situation here with Kraven and Laura. He's much, much faster and stronger. Plus, because this is a scenario rather than a standard Khazan-based Rumble, they get prep time. And Kraven is a bit of a prep master with traps and whatnot.

Kraven has plenty enough to knock Laura out.

Get the Kraven experts in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    She might be more skilled than Parker (although Peter got some serious training recently from Shang Chi and the likes), but skill has a limit on what it can achieve when your opponent is so much faster than you that you cannot react to his attacks and he has the equivalent of an age to react to yours.

It's a similar situation here with Kraven and Laura. He's much, much faster and stronger. Plus, because this is a scenario rather than a standard Khazan-based Rumble, they get prep time. And Kraven is a bit of a prep master with traps and whatnot.

Kraven has plenty enough to knock Laura out.
    Laura's too smart and aware than to blunder into a trap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I know very little about Laura but around here Kraven is considered to be just below Spidey (high end bullet timer with Class 10-20ish strength IIRC) in physicals. He's also got some decent skill, comic book nerve strikes and such.

In short, Kraven trashes any CBPH, which is Logan Wolverine's level, so I hope for Laura's sake she's got better feats. From what I remember seeing in other rumbles, she doesn't.
    She's blitzed Belasco, sliced bullets fired from point-blank range with her claws, (also done the same with a crossbow bolt from her back. After just having her neck broken) dodged a close-range energy blast from Mr. Sinister, and has some possible bullet-timing. A photograph taken of her during her "test" mission was basically a somewhat human-shaped blur. Her claws can cut the Hulk's skin, and i don't think Kraven is anywhere close to that durable (plus he doesn't heal). The main physicals she lacks is Logan's skeletal durability (countered by a faster healing factor; up to and including recovering from a clean headshot with only a few moments for her brain to reset itself) and Kraven's raw strength. As far as fighting skills, she took down an entire Secret Service detail when she was NINE, as well as slaughtering a company of AIM mooks when she was left for dead on a mission about two years afterwards (to say nothing of annihilating the entire garrison of the Facility base where she was bred during her escape). She also took out an entire Facility installation with one arm (helped by the Trigger Scent, but bear in mind it does NOT actually boost her fighting ability, merely shuts off her conscious thought processes and makes her kill everything marked with it until it's dead). She's outwitted Captain America on at least one occasion, and had the mental fortitude to kick Mr. Sinister out of her head. And she's a skilled and unpredictable enough fighter to take out Taskmaster.

At any rate, per the scenario, physicals may not necessarily even come into play.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

what little i know of laura is that she is around logan's level of strength, skill and speed. not good against a guy who gives peter a hard time.

unless she has some new feats since "secret wars", i'm putting my money on sergei

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She's blitzed Belasco, sliced bullets fired from point-blank range with her claws, (also done the same with a crossbow bolt from her back. After just having her neck broken) dodged a close-range energy blast from Mr. Sinister, and has some possible bullet-timing. A photograph taken of her during her "test" mission was basically a somewhat human-shaped blur. Her claws can cut the Hulk's skin, and i don't think Kraven is anywhere close to that durable (plus he doesn't heal). The main physicals she lacks is Logan's skeletal durability (countered by a faster healing factor; up to and including recovering from a clean headshot with only a few moments for her brain to reset itself) and Kraven's raw strength. As far as fighting skills, she took down an entire Secret Service detail when she was NINE, as well as slaughtering a company of AIM mooks when she was left for dead on a mission about two years afterwards (to say nothing of annihilating the entire garrison of the Facility base where she was bred during her escape). She also took out an entire Facility installation with one arm (helped by the Trigger Scent, but bear in mind it does NOT actually boost her fighting ability, merely shuts off her conscious thought processes and makes her kill everything marked with it until it's dead). She's outwitted Captain America on at least one occasion, and had the mental fortitude to kick Mr. Sinister out of her head. And she's a skilled and unpredictable enough fighter to take out Taskmaster.

At any rate, per the scenario, physicals may not necessarily even come into play.
    Post some of those feats.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    what little i know of laura is that she is around logan's level of strength, skill and speed. not good against a guy who gives peter a hard time.

unless she has some new feats since "secret wars", i'm putting my money on sergei
    You would bet real money on a comic book fight. HAHAHA