Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gundam

Default Gundam

Prior to the wipe we a decent sized topic for all things Gundam so I figured we'd another. So here we go whether you like the anime, manga, games, or Gunpla lets talk Gundam. Now as many of you already know the most recent series, Gundam Build Fighters, concluded earlier this year but it is still available to watch on the GundamInfo Youtube channel. Also on the 17th the seventh and final episode of Gundam Unicorn will be available for download via the PSN. At an unspecified time in the fall the new series Gundam Reconguista in G will air and in 2015 the Origin OVA will begin.

The majority of the posters on CBR's souls are weighed down by gravity
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

And the first reply is a char quote, perfect. Anyone else find it kinda funny how in Zeta Gundam, Kamille kept embarrassing Jerid?

And we're off to a great start so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    And the first reply is a char quote, perfect. Anyone else find it kinda funny how in Zeta Gundam, Kamille kept embarrassing Jerid?
    Jerid was just playing his role in life, that role being the universe's punching bag. Like the only dude who had it worse was Chronicle Asher.

http://i.imgur.com/1QcYCOY.gif

Cronicle had Katejina though, and Katejina is totally best Gundam Girl.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Yea kaki low knocking him off that mountain kills me. Then I remember how he dies and I'm like ((((

He should've just left the kid alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Cronicle had Katejina though, and Katejina is totally best Gundam Girl.
    She's easily the best so I guess in that sense Cronicle wasn't a complete failure.

Anyway early last month I completed my fourth model, a V2 Gundam as seen in the links below. For my eventual fifth kit I'm thinking of branching out and doing a grunt suit or some other non Gundam suit..

http://i.imgur.com/9d6I8gI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ND2XloO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/axgheU4.jpg

I always found the Kamille-Jerid dynamic a little odd. Jerid killed one or two people dear to Kamille, and Kamille killed just about every single woman that showed an interest in him, especially ones that were actually turning him around. Everytime they might have become more neutral to each other, the one of them would screw up and kill someone the other one liked.

Lately, I have been reading Gundam Origins. Been pretty interesting, and volume 5 was basically the history of the Zeon and Zabi families that they talked about but never really showed in the old series. I am still stunned that the art is done by the mangaka in one take - no guidelines or pre-panel layouts or anything.

I have also been wanting to look into Gundam Build Fighters - is it true Bandai has a legal stream of it up?
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    I always found the Kamille-Jerid dynamic a little odd. Jerid killed one or two people dear to Kamille, and Kamille killed just about every single woman that showed an interest in him, especially ones that were actually turning him around. Everytime they might have become more neutral to each other, the one of them would screw up and kill someone the other one liked.
    I actually thought that was the beauty of the tragedy of Jerid's story arc. I used to think he was just an obnoxious blowhard, until I saw that scene in which he's in the Amazon, crawling all over that crowd of people trying to get into the escape shuttle. Even though his actions there can easily be interpreted as him being a selfish a-hole, for me it added a layer of depth to him that made him more than your average Top Gun's Iceman type of character.

Jerid was actually a pretty righteous guy, who found himself on the completely wrong side in the war. The thing that bothered me most is, as I'd already said in the previous Gundam thread, how they decided to end Jerid's story. What an anticlimax.

Incidentally, I just started watching ZZ again, and I'm now on episode 9. Judau has already grown on me, though his friends are mostly faceless strangers to me that lack the strong presence of a Fraw Bow or a Kai Shiden. I actually like the lighter tone of the series so far. The silliness doesn't bother me, and is quite welcome after the closing arc of Zeta (whoo boy!), and Mashymre is just fabulous.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

From what I remember, it gets real crazy VERY fast

I agree with you guys about Jerid, I kinda felt for the guy, after I got done laughing at him

BANNED

Stardust Memory will always be my #1 Gundam series followed by 08th Ms Team. That's when so much reveal hit's the fan.

Whatever could you mean?

Top 5 Gundam Series:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam/0079/The Origin
    2. Zeta Gundam
    3. G Gundam
    4. Char's Counterattack
    5. GUndam build fighters
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Whatever could you mean?
    im awful, I can't stop laughing at this

Quote Originally Posted by EterenalPsylocke View Post
    Stardust Memory will always be my #1 Gundam series followed by 08th Ms Team. That's when so much reveal hit's the fan.
    I kinda wish both were on Netflix

BANNED

I kinda wish both were on Netflix
    I agree, I sorta wish the Movie for Stardust Memory was released in NA.