Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BANNED

This reads like we skipped an issue, probably because we did.

#14 was originally solicited as part one of 'Supermax', but with issue #16 now solicited as part two of a different arc, the originally script for #14 must have been scrapped and replaced with #15's script.

Incredible Member

Clearly looks like they skipped an issue. Weird.

Incredible Member

Well, last issue ALSO read like they skipped an issue! I like Segovia's art, but this series has just been bad ever since Phil J left - hollow and aimless. His issues may not have been great, but they at least had some sense of direction, and a supporting cast.

[Why isn't Supergirl being affected by all the Red K-infused stuff, anyway? And what's going on with the speech balloon in pg 2 panel 4? It's pointed at Lana, and the use of a contraction also suggests Lana - since we're also meant to forget Kara ever used any - but makes no sense for it to be Lana saying it to Kara, since Lana's the only one of the two who was shown to be Red K affected, and thus needing a Red K neutraliser...]

.... I forget this character(Maxima)... No matter if she change.. Maybe this is better, like with characters like Lobo and Waller... I saw both in the animated world and in N52 they were like.... another characters..

Good alternative cover..

Ok, she is not insane now.. and they are with the same thing about the source of her powers..

WHAT IS THAT ARMOR?

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Well, last issue ALSO read like they skipped an issue! I like Segovia's art, but this series has just been bad ever since Phil J left - hollow and aimless. His issues may not have been great, but they at least had some sense of direction, and a supporting cast.

[Why isn't Supergirl being affected by all the Red K-infused stuff, anyway? And what's going on with the speech balloon in pg 2 panel 4? It's pointed at Lana, and the use of a contraction also suggests Lana - since we're also meant to forget Kara ever used any - but makes no sense for it to be Lana saying it to Kara, since Lana's the only one of the two who was shown to be Red K affected, and thus needing a Red K neutraliser...]
    Was just about to say that! Well, at least the book is consistent in that

... Let this end.

BANNED

Last issue began in medias res. I didn't read it as having skipped an issue.

This time an issue has definitely been skipped.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 09-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Last issue began in medias res. I didn't read it as having skipped a issue.

This time an issue has definitely been skipped.
    I know, I was just joking.

Extraordinary Member

The solicit for this issue makes it seem like the New 52 Maxima was not the real Maxima.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    The solicit for this issue makes it seem like the New 52 Maxima was not the real Maxima.
    spoilers:
    She's the real Maxima, but there have been others.
    end of spoilers

The issue was alright, but it suffers because of the skip, clunk dialogue to wrap things up, and condensing the two-part Maxima story into one issue. Everything feels very rushed.

The other Maxima's costume was a lot better than what was on the covers, which I was not expecting. It sucks that this is getting cancelled, especially with Perkins finding her voice on the book.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Honestly found this issue dissapointing. So Maxima is a title now? ugh please just give me back 90s Maxima and not whatvever this new 52 version is. The cosutme on the cover was way better and Maxima would destroy these chicks in her sleep.

Despite being a title, is the Maxima in this issue at least the Rebirth equivalent of the pre-FP Maxima? If she is then I don't really care about a new meaning behind the name.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Still waiting for the real Maxima to show up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Still waiting for the real Maxima to show up.
    Don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Ugh. And another once-great character bites the dust.