Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What Should I Be Reading In Marvel Right Now

Mostly an X-Men guy but I am looking to expand. What are the best current Marvel Titles right now? Why? I want to start branching out. I went through all of the most recent Doctor Strange, Royals (I dunno why I picked them), Started New Iron Man (couldn't really get into it), picked through a few others. What do people suggest?

Thanos
    Uncanny Avengers
    Mighty Thor
    Star Wars
    Darth Vader

And not much else.

Deadpool has been good since Marvel NOW! launched in 2012. He just hit rock bottom and seems to be getting back to his mercenary ways.

Daredevil by Charles Soule has been pretty consistent throughout... with awesome art from Ron Garney.

Unbelievable Gwenpool: - Very different from Deadpool, with a lot more focus on the darker side of reality-bending 4th wall braking. It may seem 'silly' to some at first but there is a lot of depth to Gwen's character.
    The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: - Just pure fun.
    Hawkeye: - Reading it on Marvel Unlimited, and its just brilliant. Very sharp writing and great characterization from Kelly Thompson. Hope this book lasts.
    Captain Plasma: - Not really into the the Star Wars books, but I am really enjoying this mini. Again, Kelly is doing a great job with the character.
    Hulk: - An interesting take on She-Hulk. Its not perfect, but worth a look if you want to see an older character get a very different twist.

I really like the Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and Star Wars stuff (Doctor Aphra has been my favorite Star Wars thing so far). Beyond that, most of the Marvel stuff I'm collecting are trades of old back issues, so I'm not really in the loop much for current stuff. I do want to read the upcoming Runaways series and All-New Wolverine, though.

The Unbelievable Gwenpool. No really, it's fantastic. Really funny with one of the most endearing lead characters.

...andthat's it!

But in all fairness, Iron Fist and Spider-Man:Renew Your Vows are pretty good too.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

I suppose that all depends on who your fav characters are. That's always a good place to start. For me though, from current ongoing titles, favorites include
    • Astonishing X-Men
    • Defenders
    • Hulk
    • Mighty Thor
    • Runaways
    • Uncanny Avengers

Edit: we are approaching Marvel Legacy, which is going to shift the status quo again so expect some big changes across the board
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 09-25-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Amazing Member

Black Bolt
    Iron Fist
    Inhumans Once & Future Kings
    Mosaic
    Luke Cage
    The Defenders

Mighty Thor
    Champions
    Avengers
    Ms Marvel
    ASM

Coming up, Marvel Two-in-One has to be worth checking out.

Incredible Member

The Defenders
    Thanos
    Mighty Thor
    Guardians of The Galaxy

Uncanny Avengers
    All-New Wolverine
    Astonishing X-Men
    All-New Guardians of the Galaxy
    Mighty Thor
    Defenders

These titles will basically give you a look st the current Marvel Universe and how it looks and operates. But right now, it's going on a cusp of change right now so things, overall, may start to either speed up or slow down.

Niffleheim

Ms Marvel
    Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    Mighty Thor
    The Defenders

Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider stars my favorite character in all of fiction, and it's been that way since I was ten years old. He's finally back after being gone for essentially twenty years, and his series is solid and getting better. The upcoming arc has my favorite (forgotten) super-team, the Slingers. It's really fun and doing it's own thing!

Beyond that?

Holy cats should you buy Iron Fist! It's been amazing - like, every issue. I also am really enjoying Iron Fists, which is almost like Iron Fist-meets-Powerpuff Girls.

-Pav, who likes every monthly he buys (or else he wouldn't buy it)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't think you can go wrong with All New Guardians of the Galaxy and Amazing Spider-Man.

All-New Wolverine, of course, is required reading for X-fans, I would say. (Generation X has been excellent, too.)
    Ms. Marvel's an obvious recommendation.
    Hawkeye's great.
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is just delightful.
    Black Bolt is arguably Marvel's best comic right now. Ahmed and Ward are doing amazing work.