View Poll Results: Are You Happy With the Current Marvel Climate?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

72 29.39%
  • NO

173 70.61%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Am I happy with the current state of Marvel comics??

Let's see:
    -There's no Fantastic Four book. Reed, Sue, Franklin and Val are in limbo.
    -The X-Men are being decimated and gutted. Scott, Jean, Logan, Madrox and Xavier are all dead. They've turned Emma into a crazy woman.
    -Thor doesn't have Mjolnir (I like Jane, but Mjolnir belongs in Thor's hands).
    -Nick Fury was retconned into a horrible story.
    -Bruce isn't the Hulk
    -Spider-Man and MJ are not together (RYV aside). That's a travesty.
    -Black Panther's book stinks (and that's putting it midly)
    -Daredevil is running around in a black suit instead of the awesome, red, classic suit. And his book isn't all that great either.

I could go on and on, but you get that point.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Nope.

Still way too many events and renumberings.

I voted yes.
    But only just. I'm enjoying Thor, which I get as floppies. Everything else I get as trades. At the moment I'm looking forward to getting Iron Fist, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Royals, Once and Future Kings and Guardians of the Galaxy, and I can afford them all. I suspect that a few of them won't be around in a years time. I'll likely want Moon Knight and I hope that something else bobs up or gets good reviews.
    This time last year I had to make some hard decisions about what to get - Ultimates, Spider Woman, Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme and Black Widow didn't fit in my budget. ATM I can get everything I want.

I voted no.

Right now I'm only buying one book from Marvel. My "no" comes from the fact that there aren't books put out that appeal to me personally. That doesn't make those other books bad, it just means that I'm not interested in them.

Like others have said, I'm tired of events. More so, I'm tired of events and the obligatory tie-ins that disrupt the flow of the books I'm following (that is currently one, mind you... but during previous events I was following more). Story arcs are put aside, books are delayed, and I'm one unhappy customer when that happens. The fact that the main story keeps developing in tie-ins is irritating also when you only want to follow the main event.

I also don't like the increased presence of teenage heroes and small kids in stories and teams. I don't have a problem with these books existing, I just feel personally that they should do their own thing and not guest-star and/or be on a team book that's more PG-13 or up. I also don't like when they're depicting them as better and more competent than the seasoned heroes.

There have also been strange and weird retcons lately (Magneto not being SW and QS's father, Mockingbird having an affair with the Phantom Rider...) that have rubbed me the wrong way. Adding this to a lack of cohesion to previous publication (i.e. the hell with continuity), again doesn't make me happy as a customer.

The near-absence of the characters I enjoy reading about is also something that makes me unhappy. Finally, and I know I've said that a lot in the last two years, I hate what Remender and Spencer have done to Hank Pym.

Pffew... quite the list!

As for what I'm happy for:
    - Janet is still around (and her new costume rocks!)
    - Cable has a solo
    - Wonder Man is back
    - Sam will be Falcon again! Yay! Sam should be unique and deserves more than somebody else's mantle!
    - and I'm illogically but carefully optimistic about Legacy, in the next few months (against my best judgment, I must say)

Yes.

Legacy has turned things.

CAp is back
    Moon knight has been awesome
    Cable
    Deadpool
    Old man Logan

Astonishing and Gen X are cool and fun

The cutesy books are all good and fun if u are into that. Gwenpool is amazing

The only negative is the main Xbooks (must have A list creators and art)

DEath to the inhuman !!!!

And way too many books......

Overall, No.
    Captain America Steve Rogers (sans the SE issues) interested me.
    I like Deadpool.I liked Secret Empire until the 8th issue.

IDEK what Legacy is about.
    Secret Empire = Hydra Cap Take Over
    CW2 = Iron Man vs Carol Danvers over Inhuman Clairvoyant's Future Visions
    Doomsday Clock = Dr Manhattan comes to DC
    Metal = TBH it's a bit all over the place but the gist is Batman is the door to a Dark Dimension
    Legacy = ??? Fill me in someone ???

What I'd like to see:

Less Events.. Let stories develop without having to be a tie-in to some event midway through the creators trying to tell their story in their books

Create Less Replacement Heroes..Rather have internal 'promotions' like Sam Wilson Falcon to Cap than create a totally new character to replace a mainstay (RIRI)
    Last edited by dzub; 09-07-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Well Ressurection brought a new breath for X-mens including solo for Jean, Iceman, All New Wolverine.

In addition to mutants have also enjoyed Ms Marvel, Ultimates, Uncanny Avengers.

But if it was to give a general opinion I disapprove what marvel has done in the last years. Too many events, too much heroes vs heroes, no respect for continuity, plots being forgotten once a new writer takes his place and Character Assassination (you do not need to sink a character into the mud to make another cool) .

Just see how much animosity between some fans and readers and how much marvel damaged some characters in recent years to see that something is wrong. Then they promise a new heroic phase but they do not really care about making these characters work for it simply make a team up against some villain and it is all forgotten.

However the readers remember.
    Last edited by Knives; 09-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

I also don't like the increased presence of teenage heroes and small kids in stories and teams. I don't have a problem with these books existing, I just feel personally that they should do their own thing and not guest-star and/or be on a team book that's more PG-13 or up. I also don't like when they're depicting them as better and more competent than the seasoned heroes.
    I'm not a fan of stories involving teenage heroes either.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Can't say that I am. It's been too long since there was a major event that I liked. And I still haven't found a title that I want to read now that Ultimates has been cancelled.

Fantastic Member

Is there a general consensus as to when the last time the majority of fans of Marvel were, at the very least, content? It seems like it's been awhile.

I voted yes.

I'm buying more Marvel books than I have in a long while.
    There's a variety of stories, characters, and creators I like and don't feel I'm reading the same books.

What I don't like: No FF, Miracleman, or SHIELD. Not even the most fervent Marvel apologist can tell me I don't have a point there.

I've been reading Marvels since they were 15 cents. I have always found books I've liked and books I didn't. Marvel's going into new territory with different styles and creators. G Willow Wilson's Ms Marvel may be someone's Simonson Thor, or Starlin Warlock. Marvel's always tried new and different styles. They've always been loud about it as well. As different as Marvel seems now, how different is North and Henderson's Squirrel Girl from Bob Layton's Hercules?

So I voted yes.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Is there a general consensus as to when the last time the majority of fans of Marvel were, at the very least, content? It seems like it's been awhile.
    The last time I was truly content to be a Marvel reader was back in the 1980s. I had a decent enough amount of allowance and luckily enough there happened to be a comic shop a couple of blocks from my house as well as several places that had comics on spinner racks. I was almost entirely a Marvel reader in those days (my single DC pull back then was Batman) and I had a pretty large pull list at the time but then again comics were cheaper back then.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

I voted yes.

Amazing Spider-Man have been made of win for years now,and after legacy i will start collecting at least Thor,Venom and Captain America.
    A fan of the marvel comics going back to the original numbering,thats something quite cool.

BANNED

Nope. A lot of bad art, bad writing, and bizarre editorial decisions.

Voted yes. I have plently of things that I don't like about certain characters and stories but overall I'm enjoying it.

Iceman, Generation X and Royals are my favourites at the moment.