View Poll Results: Are You Happy With the Current Marvel Climate?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

72 29.39%
  • NO

173 70.61%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Moon Knight returning with an appealing new story.
    I AM looking forward to that one. Something in the plus column.

Overall so far it seems that more than half of the fans on the marvel board are displeased with the current cliamte of marvel. They may love the company but not what they are doing. Which is a general gage of how the marvel/comics buyers could potentially feel as well.

So those who said most are enjoying current marvel where apperently wrong.

Please continue to vote and comment if you haven't already.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

As of now it's just captain marvel for me that is disappointing it's sad because the all new all different marvel captain marvel run which ran through civil war II was really good but then Margaret stohl came on for mighty captain marvel and she just doesn't seem like she cares at all about the character, and carol even comes across as a supporting character in her own solo series when she's supposed to be the main central character.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Overall so far it seems that more than half of the fans on the marvel board are displeased with the current cliamte of marvel. They may love the company but not what they are doing. Which is a general gage of how the marvel/comics buyers could potentially feel as well.

eh, not really. A tiny fraction of readers post on the boards, and certain types of fans are more likely to post than others, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    As of now it's just captain marvel for me that is disappointing it's sad because the all new all different marvel captain marvel run which ran through civil war II was really good but then Margaret stohl came on for mighty captain marvel and she just doesn't seem like she cares at all about the character, and carol even comes across as a supporting character in her own solo series when she's supposed to be the main central character.
    This seems to be a very common theme in a lot of the current titles. Which is not only annoying but could be pushing fans away from purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    eh, not really. A tiny fraction of readers post on the boards, and certain types of fans are more likely to post than others, so....
    Say what you will but several of the comments have been strikingly similar. On top of that the rules of the forum has made the enviroment welcoming to everyone to express their ideas and to vote how they please. So even those who naturally wouldn't post or aren't "certain types of fans" have andcan continue to express there thoughts.

Numbers do not lie.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

This seems to be a very common theme in a lot of the current titles. Which is not only annoying but could be pushing fans away from purchasing.

Say what you will but several of the comments have been strikingly similar. On top of that the rules of the forum has made the enviroment welcoming to everyone to express their ideas and to vote how they please. So even those who naturally wouldn't post or aren't "certain types of fans" have andcan continue to express there thoughts.

Numbers do not lie.
    I am just saying it may reflect the opinions of this forum, I am not disputing that. But this forum, or any other, does NOT reflect the attitudes of the audience as a whole. Most of the audience just kinda reads what they enjoy and... that's it. the forums represent the vocal fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I am just saying it may reflect the opinions of this forum, I am not disputing that. But this forum, or any other, does NOT reflect the attitudes of the audience as a whole. Most of the audience just kinda reads what they enjoy and... that's it. the forums represent the vocal fringe.
    I get what your saying. But based off the results thus far even those who normally would never get on a forum to post it would be fair to say that those who do post have a general representation for those who don't.

This is one of the most popular superhero forums on the net that has a collection of both old and new readership being represented. As well as potentially being one of the most diverse boards simply due to its nature. So it is fair to say that the general census of the results have a strong representation of the audience.

I mean sales have been declining for the line in general. At what point do you stop saying "oh well the majority does not feel that way even though this unbiased poll and sales say different" , is after none of the books sell at all?I know that will never happen, simply being facetious. But it does say something.

Anyway, dont want to derail the thread. This thread is just for those want to vote and comment on why. You can agree with the post but not engage in debate. Want to keep the thread as uncluttered as possible. While also ieeping the enviroment welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by goledensilence View Post
    Would have to say that I am based on the number of new titles I'm currently collecting. Love the fact that they're trying to cater to all of their fans by pushing this diversity "initiative". Honestly don't see what all the complaining is about from the "anti-SJW" crowd. All of the main characters are still here in some form or fashion, minus the original Hulk.
    And until they bring back the Hulk I shall never cease complaining.

Seriously though if you are a Hulk fan Marvel has had nothing going on for years at this point. Just emptiness.

Numbers do not lie.
    You could have hung an "Aliens are welcome!" sign on that first post, but that doesn't mean any aliens showed up to vote.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I get what your saying. But based off the results thus far even those who normally would never get on a forum to post it would be fair to say that those who do post have a general representation for those who don't.

This is one of the most popular superhero forums on the net that has a collection of both old and new readership being represented. As well as potentially being one of the most diverse boards simply due to its nature. So it is fair to say that the general census of the results have a strong representation of the audience.

I mean sales have been declining for the line in general. At what point do you stop saying "oh well the majority does not feel that way even though this unbiased poll and sales say different" , is after none of the books sell at all?I know that will never happen, simply being facetious. But it does say something.

Anyway, dont want to derail the thread. This thread is just for those want to vote and comment on why. You can agree with the post but not engage in debate. Want to keep the thread as uncluttered as possible. While also ieeping the enviroment welcoming.
    They haven't been declining at just Marvel, though, they have been declining industry wide. It's a much larger problem than JUST Marvel and their output. If it was only a problem with Marvel, then only Marvel would be declining, and that's just not what the numbers show.

And it doesn't matter how popular the board is, it is still a tiny fringe, and forums like this do tend to attract people with strong opinions, and negative opinions are the type people tend to be most motivated to be vocal about. Reading a book and hating it will provide much more motivation for most people to go and voice their opinion than reading a book and going 'yep, that was pretty good', and that will skew results. And different forums attract different segments of the audience, too. CBR is pretty big on fans of the 'classic' stories, for instance. But go to Tumblr and a different segment will be represented, go to Reddit, and a different segment again, and so on. None of them represent the entire audience.

(and with that, I will bow out. it's just a pet peeve of mine to say a forum represents the audience as a whole)
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2017 at 07:18 AM.

One thread on one forum is hardly an accurate cross-section of overall fan reception.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I voted no. I do buy quite a few Marvel titles at the moment, but honestly I could drop a few and be very happy with that decision. I am skipping all of this Generations/Legacy/whatever the hell stuff, and just continuing on with the comics I am currently buying. I will start picking up Iron Man again if it means Tony is coming back. I'm hoping Bruce returns as the Hulk soon. I miss reading his adventures. I've been somewhat enjoying the X-Men titles. I guess for me, I am trying to support Marvel the best I can, but for the most part I feel an overall hollowness. I'm enjoying things, but not like I once did.

BANNED

Questions simple enough. Are you personally happy with the current state of Marvel and the direction they are taking their comics in.

RULES:

This is not a thread to debate other peoples post. This thread is specifically zero in on what people are and are not enjoying about Marvel's current comic line. You may place the things you do like or the things you don't like that is ALL!

If you quote anyone's post you may do so in agreement and then expand upon what they have stated. However, you may not tell them they are wrong for whatever the reason maybe.

Also, you can not talk about the readership of Marvel or the environment of the posters at CBR in any form.
    Nope.

What are you looking at?

This is not a statistically valuable sample. As Raye said, this doesn't even represent a significant percentage of people who post on these forums. It's meaningless.

Yes, mostly from learning to focus on the books I love. The ones I love I REALLY love and enjoy. Hawkeye, Mighty Thor, Defenders, Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Generation X...I feel giddy reading them.

Main gripe involves too many poorly conceived crossovers and shallow/poor X-Men line.