View Poll Results: Are You Happy With the Current Marvel Climate?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

72 29.39%
  • NO

173 70.61%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That..not buying...is exactly what a lot of people do. In my own case I've not bought any Marvel comic on a monthly basis for years.

Which is why I've not bothered voting..because I don't know enough to make it a fair vote. Gut feeling is that it would be a close decision..I actually like the push for diversity, but the constant special events, cross-overs, etc bore me.

You may well be right to suggest that voting sample is biased..but it may well be biased in favour of Marvel, and is suggesting that Marvels most committed buyers are uneasy about overall product.

You have to be careful in interpreting any small sample...indeed any sample..but if I was a senior Marvel executive seeing results like this, I hope I wouldn't treat them with a completely dismissive attitude.

I only get about 6 books monthly, but I do get almost all issue 1 to give as much a try as possible

I've now stopped doing this coz there were so many coming out I realised the cost was a bit of an excess for me

Legacy will help coz ill drop black panther when it re numbers, gotg too, keep defenders, j jones, weapon x, Secret warriors, likely pick up 2 in 1 and the blade vehicle (forget it's name )

Voted no.

Marvel got rid of most of the Marvel heroes to replace them and I'm just not invested. To be honest many characters have been dropping away for years. I think the last good FF run was by Defalco and ended before Heroes Reborn, and it was the first franchise to go. Thor stayed good the longest ending with the first year of Thor God of Thunder never to return.

I have not paid for a new Marvel comic in years, at best I'll read some stuff for free, usually right in the store or library they go by so quick. I'll still pick up some classic Marvel digitally if it's a crazy good sale but I have 99% of what I will ever want from them already. They just made too many bad choices, even Spider-Man is unreadable since one more day. No one left to root for, it's being published just to pretend it's still a comic book company instead of a movie studio.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Theres bad and good for the most part, though I'm highly selective with my reading Marvel titles. I don't bother with the Tumblr crap like Kamala Khan and Captain Marvel or the Avenger stuff, and basically just stick to the Xmen line, Venomverse, Daredevil, Star Wars, and the random books I check out like Moon Knight, Black Bolt, and Iron Fist. Let them destroy their own company by pandering to Twitter millennials who post Celebratory tweets about "Diversity" and buy Funko figures, but never actually buy comics. I dont think it will improve unless Disney finally lets some heads roll

Yes but not necessarily the current state. There's always old stuff to read that's new to me if you understand. I've recently started to explore other corners of marvel outside of the xmen and I'm loving it. Black panther, Captain marvel, Wonderman, silver surfer, blade, vision, Spider-Man 2099 and brother voodoo to name a few. Marvel's got a diverse dope lineup of characters that can keep you occupied forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Yes but not necessarily the current state. There's always old stuff to read that's new to me if you understand. I've recently started to explore other corners of marvel outside of the xmen and I'm loving it. Black panther, Captain marvel, Wonderman, silver surfer, blade, vision, Spider-Man 2099 and brother voodoo to name a few. Marvel's got a diverse dope lineup of characters that can keep you occupied forever.
    Then that really would be a No then. The question is specifically for current marvel.

But I know what you mean. I read have have been re-reading a lot of Marvels old stuff as well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

At this current climate a justifiable no between filler overpriced events, rehashed storylines of Hero vs Hero or, here is evil counterpart watch them debate then fight. The decimation of the X line with half the main cast being dead or, from Alt timelines which makes me not care about the line and, just certain status quo for certain characters ANAD was a cluster for me IMO. Am I saying all stories have been bad of course not but, at the same time I'm grabbing less of Marvel's line then any other publisher and, honestly with DC doing Re-Birth and, Metal events that are working for me plus Indys make mine something else for the time being. I will say on a final note some of Marvel's comments really leave me disturbed slandering artist and, blaming fans and shops for low sales from earlier this year its not good PR when this is reflective of the company and, if it was taken out of context and misquoted even so If I read into that way I know plenty of others who read it at face value.

I voted no. Marvel currently has one series that I'm reading, and it will continue to stay this way until Marvel completely restructures its writing and editing cores.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 09-19-2017 at 02:34 PM.

No. I have dropped all Marvel comics. Their quality has nose-dived (it's been on a decline for a while now) and many of their employees are insulting ideologues that attack wide groups of people with bigoted, defamatory or just plain ignorant statements.

They are too reliant on gimmicks, their business practices hurt small business owners, they are deceitful in advertising and framing of actions, and they continuously double-down on things the market clearly will not support.

Incredible Member

Am I happy with how they're currently doing things? No. If they didn't divide the audience and just put both new and old characters in separate books instead of shoehorning the Legacy ones, I would be happy. I don't care about reading Jane Foster in order to see Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I only get about 6 books monthly, but I do get almost all issue 1 to give as much a try as possible

I've now stopped doing this coz there were so many coming out I realised the cost was a bit of an excess for me

Legacy will help coz ill drop black panther when it re numbers, gotg too, keep defenders, j jones, weapon x, Secret warriors, likely pick up 2 in 1 and the blade vehicle (forget it's name )

Just found out that spirits of vengence is a limited so will skip it

Yeah. When that was announced, that was when my balloon filled with cautious hope about Legacy began to deflate.

You're not to first to say this. Why though?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    You're not to first to say this. Why though?
    considering marvel's retention rate for books these days, aren't a lot of series technically *limited* series?

Astonishing Member

Isnt it a good thing? Probably the story is fleshed out with a start a middle and an ending. So whats bad about minis?

And today as an experienced reader you just know which series lasts only a few issues and is by that a mini series. Or did anybody really thought Mosaic would last longer than 10-12 issues? Or Foolkiller? Or Slapstick...

BANNED

>Bendis is still Top Dog

Nope, I can't say I'm liking Marvel very much at the moment... Well, technically I haven't liked Marvel for a few years now, but Ree-Ree was just the final nail in the coffin. I could put up with Manchild Strange, Vincent Cassel Doom, even Jane!Thor, but Manchild Tony + "muh Secret Origin" + Ree-Ree + "muh Mystery Coma" + "that one issue where Bendis' daughterfu takes over an entire country" just... they pushed me over the edge.