Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Detective Comics #964 preview

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...62&postcount=1

Clayface is rapidly deteriorating... or at least seems to be.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It's not easy being Clayface .

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...62&postcount=1

Clayface is rapidly deteriorating... or at least seems to be.
    uh oh! Hes gonna lose it!

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Still hoping they end up resoling and making him a hero :/
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Mighty Member

Aww Basil. Pls don't break up my Cass & Clayface friendship

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/09/07...ve-comics-964/

Love Carnero's art, though I hope that Steph gets a good showing in this issue, since she's not in the first 1/4 of the comic (5 pages out of 20). On the other hand, Cass's recording makes me sniff more than a little. I'm really curious about where Clayface is going, since it seems like we might actually get some change in his status quo, after spinning his wheels last issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks promising, can't wait

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This stinks. I was really enjoying this version of Clayface and being a member of the team. When the team first started it out, it was amazing! A great group of characters. Then Tim is snatched away, Steph leaves and now it looks like Clayface will be gone. This really stinks.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Saying it once again: If Basil goes bad, we riot.

Oh, and sweet as that moment with Cass is, she really does look far too white there.

Interested in seeing just how the Steph story is going to be resolved considering that story is only getting, at most, 15 pages.

Almost in the Dark Side again... Cass is one of his only reasons for continue here...

I wanted see Steph but... This is not the best moment.. Without TIM here..

Incredible Member

I'm worried about the next arc...

Incredible Member

Clayface will apparently turn on the team, and the next arc is called "the fall of the batmen"...will the team be taken down by some powerfull group of supervillains? or will the team itself dissolve and do the job for the bad guys instead?...either way, i'm not optimistic about this

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Almost in the Dark Side again... Cass is one of his only reasons for continue here...

I wanted see Steph but... This is not the best moment.. Without TIM here..
    Tim is coming back soon...in November he will be back...thats not what i'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Tim is coming back soon...in November he will be back...thats not what i'm worried about.
    I know that.. BUT I prefer see Steph after Tim returns..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So...

spoilers:

Anarky definitely kisses Steph, but thankfully, it doesn't seem she'll have too much regret when Tim comes back, since she immediately pushes him away. I'm okay with that.

Steph doesn't learn about Tim still being alive, as far as I can tell - but her appearing in Birds of Prey this month and next month, not to mention her being on the cover of A Lonely Place of Living's final issue, seem to indicate that she's softening towards Batman.

I don't think this issue did a great job balancing between the Clayface and Steph plots. Neither of them have connected to each other very strongly, so there wasn't much chance to combine their stuff, so I think this should have been a three-issue arc. Leslie and Bruce never even got close to each other, which I think is a terrible shame.

The Clayface stuff was nicely done, if feeling more than a bit like spinning our wheels. We know that Dr. October is working with Basil, and the relationship stuff with Mudface, Dr. October, and Cass especially was great, but nothing really progressed, except maybe Basil's desperation.

The Steph stuff, especially the fight with Anarky, felt a lot more rushed. Not only does Batman pop up multiple times in awkward panels (both in his first entrance and the fight), Steph says she knows Anarky's weaknesses, but fails completely to use any of them. A three page fight would have been better, I think, but the Clayface and Steph stories were battling for space, leaving Steph to get shorter shrift.

Still a decent issue, but I definitely missed Tynion's hand in the dialogue. And I'm curious to see how the First Victim and Anarky play into Ra's and Valley Sr.'s plans for Tynion's 1000 issue arc.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord