Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Default Comic Book Displays

I didn't see a thread for this, so figured I'd make one.

How do you arrange/display your comics?

I've decided to seek out the following issues (in one or two cases, reprints), with specific ideas on how to display them in mind. I plan to have two displays of six, as I believe any more than six would look too crowded and distract the eye.

DC:
    DC!.jpg

For DC, I wanted covers featuring the 'Big 6', plus GA. Here I have Silver Age up top, Bronze on the bottom, and the cover images angle towards the directions they're displayed (the ones on the left angle left, etc.). There's a sort of loose mood link as well, going top to bottom - Flash and WW = danger; Superman and Batman = mystery; Aquaman and GL/GA = distress. Artists featured are Infantino, Swan, Cardy, Giordano, and Adams.

Marvel:
    Marvel!.jpg

For Marvel, I wanted covers featuring Spidey, DD, FF, X-Men, Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, and Thor. Here, Silver's on top again; Bronze is mostly on the bottom, though that Hulk is Steranko (it does 'feel' a bit more Bronze though than many other SA covers); cover images (mostly) angle towards the directions they're displayed. The top-bottom mood link is: FF and XM = mystery; Avengers and Hulk = power; Spidey and DD = distress. Artists featured are Kirby, Ditko, Cockrum, Steranko, and Miller.

In addition, I HATE - HATE - how the barcode box infringes upon cover art. I decided I'll print out on quality paper a Perez headshot of Wolverine I found on XM #101 (done as part of a Cockrum tribute http://obviousart.blogspot.com/2009/...rge-perez.html) and paste it to cover up the barcode.

As you can see, I've been thinking A LOT about this!
    Last edited by DetectiveStrange; 09-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.