Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Force Movie News

Looks like we've got some official movement on X-Force:

Drew Goddard has been tapped to direct, and the film with features Deadpool and Cable (surprising no one).

So let the speculation begin on the cast and story.

With Cable's presence, time-travel is a strong possibility. Maybe they could do a spin on the Messiah Trilogy? Something like, Cable assembles X-Force from mutants throughout time to protect the first natural mutant birth after Transigen's destruction.

Domino's most likely gonna be involved.

BANNED

Cable, Deadpool, Domino, with Cable picking up Psylocke and Laura from the past and future, respectively. I saw someone suggest Danny Trejo for Forge.

I'm just so excited...this is all real...

It'll be interesting to see how they spin Deadpool as the "centerpiece" of X-Force, though I imagine that'll be partially a result of some setup in Deadpool 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I saw someone suggest Danny Trejo for Forge.
    Oh lord .

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I don't think the actress who plays X-23 can hold down a movie by herself right now, but time scooping her up and allowing her to develop before giving her a solo would make me excited. Psylocke actually getting lines would be nice as well too.

Danny Trejo as Forge?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Goddard is an excellent choice. Why the spin-off movies are graced with talented directors while the mainline X-Men one gets a first-timer is beyond me...

If we end up getting something of a Messiah Trilogy.. I'll die a happy man. (Also, please put those comics in an omnibus kthx)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i hope they give warpath a chance (probably not but i can dream)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The #1 question for me about an XForce movie is basically the team membership and particularly Laura/X-23 (and future/alt Rictor? or other kids)

Basically who will be in the team clearly it's going to be a militant kill squad approach

Will the XMen be assembling them at all? GIving them ANY guidance? Even have knowledge of their existence/actions?

Will this XForce actually do battle with the XMen at some point due to differing ideologies/moralities?

How much time travel, etc will get used to retcon away the Logan timeline and so forth

Actually one concern I have is XForce will overshadow the XMen possibly.... be like "the cooler version" of them somehow and take on "the tougher tasks" leaving the XMen to be more of a like Public Relations outfit almost. Could get tricky hope they can handle this well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The #1 question for me about an XForce movie is basically the team membership and particularly Laura/X-23 (and future/alt Rictor? or other kids)

Basically who will be in the team clearly it's going to be a militant kill squad approach

Will the XMen be assembling them at all? GIving them ANY guidance? Even have knowledge of their existence/actions?

Will this XForce actually do battle with the XMen at some point due to differing ideologies/moralities?

How much time travel, etc will get used to retcon away the Logan timeline and so forth

Actually one concern I have is XForce will overshadow the XMen possibly.... be like "the cooler version" of them somehow and take on "the tougher tasks" leaving the XMen to be more of a like Public Relations outfit almost. Could get tricky hope they can handle this well
    I think all that depends a lot on whether we get anything more with the modern X-Men outside Colossus and his proteges.

BANNED

Doesn't the Logan story kind up screw up chance of Messiah Trilogy? They're too similar.

Yay Ultimate Drew! I trust that he can handle a complex story without thinking the audience won't be able to understand it. The Angel episode Damage (with the psychotic vampire slayer) that he wrote with Steve DeKnight reminds me of X-23.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 09-07-2017 at 04:11 PM.

I personally would have it star

Cable
    Deadpool
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Domino

maybe X-23

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Doesn't the Logan story kind up screw up chance of Messiah Trilogy? They're too similar.
    Not really

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    If anything you could use Logan as sort of a pseudo-Decimation.