Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sarcasm readings are off the scale, Cap'n!
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Black Axe
    Mortigan Goth

I don't really know the characters, but they've got fans in the Britain Prevails thread, iirc, which is where I first heard of them.
    Both are from the Marvel UK comics line of the 1990s, but I'm not all that familiar with their histories during World War II era.

Night Raven was a Canadian operating in the US. Not British despite being created by Marvel UK.
    However, Canada still was related to the U.K. back during World War II. I believe it wasn't until a few decades after the war that Canada became more independent. (But I live in the IU.S., so what do I know?)

You might be able to add a Black Knight as the identity was passed down through the family line.
    Actually, one I was thinking of were the British heroes Sir Steel and Silver Squire who were part of Freedom's Five (along with the original Union Jack) in WWI. Perhaps the Squire (or somebody else connected to him or to the original Sir Steel) could have briefly become WWII's Sir Steel.

Black Axe's activities in WW2 were mentioned in his comic. He was active in the war, operating out of London, during which he rescued an orphan girl who's parents were killed in an air raid.

All-New Invaders revealed Sir Steel's armour was enchanted, so it's easily plausible for someone to have worn it in WW2.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

James Braddock Sr was also a Captain Britain and an Otherworld expat wasn't he? Did he have an actual hero persona on Earth 616?

We also saw Logan (Wolverine), Irene Alder (Destiny) and Mr. Raven (Mystque) were all working together in the 1930s UK against Baron Von Strucker, Ahmahl Farouk and the Nazi forces. Excalibur era Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) and Rachel Summers (Phoenix) were transported to this era, which set up a neat little time loop with Logan and Kitty (and Rachel and Farouk actually). In a way these 5 were like the first real X-Men team.