Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who could be on an all-British Invaders-like team during World War II?

Just wondering if anybody knows of what British heroes might have been available if Marvel were to ever decide to have an all-British team back during World War II?

The obvious ones I can think of are:
    * Union Jack (Brian Falsworth)
    * Spitfire (Jacqueline Falsworth)
    * Destroyer (using Roger Aubrey)
    * Night Raven (a Marvel UK character who I believe had a cameo appearance in The Twelve)
    and that's all I can think of off-hand.

There were various British/U.K. members to the Crusaders (based on DC's Freedom Fighters) in a couple of issues of The Invaders back in the 1970s (Roger Aubrey was one of them), but most of them had powers provided by "Alfie" and lost those abilities when he was blown up.

There was also Albion, a hero originally during World War I who in the early1990s was a part of the Knights of Pendragon, but there is no mention of him being active at all during the years between the end of World War I and +/-1990.

Any other pre-existing heroes who would fit the bill that anybody knows of?

Citizen V is British from WW2.
    I surrender to the Contest

Night Raven was a Canadian operating in the US. Not British despite being created by Marvel UK.

You might be able to add a Black Knight as the identity was passed down through the family line.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Peggy Carter? (I know people will whine 'but the comic version is American wah wah wah' but seriously, what version do most audiences actually know these days? Retcon her to be British.)

Albion, although active in WW1 was also about in WW2 (he's still about now I believe). Also Captain Midlands.

Captain Britain
    Chamber
    Psylocke
    Pixie
    Meggan Puceanu
    Pete Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    Albion, although active in WW1 was also about in WW2 (he's still about now I believe).
    I know originally they were very specific about that gap from the end World War I until he showed up in Knights of Pendragon. When did they add in that he was active as Albion during World War II?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Captain Britain
    Chamber
    Psylocke
    Pixie
    Meggan Puceanu
    Pete Wisdom
    Uh, when did those characters suddenly become World War II heroes?
    (For those who don't know, World War II is generally considered the period of +/-1939-1945, though the U.S. didn't formally declare war on the Axis until after December 7th, 1941.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know originally they were very specific about that gap from the end World War I until he showed up in Knights of Pendragon. When did they add in that he was active as Albion during World War II?
    They didn't. I just assumed that as he lived during World War 1 and then in the modern period, he must have at least been conscious during World War 2. However I hadn't seen the History you quoted above that states pretty clearly his powers had faded by then. Which is a shame as he would have been cool (but not with that costume).

(For those who don't know, World War II is generally considered the period of +/-1939-1945, though the U.S. didn't formally declare war on the Axis until after December 7th, 1941.)
    At no point ever.

When you said new I though you ment British who could reform the invaders. Does Canadian Dominion count? Do they have to be crated in that period or said to have been active in that period?
    Last edited by Likewater; 09-08-2017 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

maybe Percival Pinkerton can adopt a new identity of U.K. Commando and join the hypothetical team.

Black Axe
    Mortigan Goth

I don't really know the characters, but they've got fans in the Britain Prevails thread, iirc, which is where I first heard of them.

Extraordinary Member

Captain Kerosene from Marvel UK's Plasmer.

He was basically a knockoff Human Torch with less control over his powers but he also operated during WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    When you said new I though you ment British who could reform the invaders. Does Canadian Dominion count? Do they have to be crated in that period or said to have been active in that period?
    Well, considering that thread title is:
    Who could be on an all-British Invaders-like team during World War II?

And in my original post I started with:
    Just wondering if anybody knows of what British heroes might have been available if Marvel were to ever decide to have an all-British team back during World War II?
    I sort of figured people might get the idea that I didn't mean "taking place now in the 21st century". (My bad?)