Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

I was going to say Cassandra Nova, only she really hasn't been used much outside of Morrison and Whedon. Still, her presence in those two runs makes her seem like an important villain.

Right, ok - are we talking about characters whom are good and have the potential to have staying-power, or are we talking about characters whom we can actually already say have staying-power?

If the former, then there's a couple. If the later, then it's trickier...

Mr. Negative and the Black Order are the only two which I can think off the top of my head, when it comes to the later.

But, let's give this some thought... which villains have been used in other media, after being created in the comics? Stuff like:

Video-games
    Movies
    Tv-series
    Animation

What characters do we have there?

I think most examples in the thread so far could have staying power, many suggestions are good characters, but it's a bit hard to tell which ones really have what it takes... I think one prerequisite for having staying power, is being reused by another writer, after the creator has left the book where he created the character.

As such... I think the VOID/Sentry might actually be the only character suggested so far, other than Mr Negative and the Black Order, which actually fill this niche sufficiently, he has however, never been used in other media, to my knowledge, which might diminish his staying-power.

(btw... I wish someone would pick up on his storyline again - last time we saw him, he had become infected by the DeathSeed, and had come to the conclusion that he was humanity's evolutionary guardian, and must DESTROY ALL MUTANTS!! That would actually be a really cool storyline for the X-comics...)
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 09-09-2017 at 09:45 AM.

1 Vote for Proxima Midnight
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

This kinda inverts the threat title, but to this day, I do not see what the big deal with the Korvac Saga is. Korvac himself, is so powerful, but so bland, it's amazing. He's like a reality warper Purple Man, and from what I remember reading of the Korvac Saga, he doesn't even really abuse his power beyond trying to ensure he gets to keep his peace.

Heck, I have no idea why it was called the 'Korvac Saga' like it was a big event. Why did they revisit in Secret Wars with his own Battleworld or something. AFAIK, he wasn't used or remembered that much in the mainstream.

I really, really like Muse. He should be a constant in Daredevil's rogues gallery from now on imo.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.