View Poll Results: Scemma, Jott or Neither?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott and Jean forever

67 43.23%
  • Emma and Scott, a true love earned

47 30.32%
  • Emma & Adult Scott maybe but Jott will rise again with the 05

15 9.68%
  • Scott, Emma & Jean better off each going their separate ways?

26 16.77%
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Scemma Was Earned or Not?

After having completed a re-read of Uncanny, X-Factor and Astonishing I'm left with a couple of final questions. The first... Was Scemma earned or do Jean and Scott belong together regardless? After the emotional ups and downs of the DPS and all that came after I'm left with a difficult question. Recognizing Scott as my favorite character I'm left with the question of who our boy belongs with. Scemma after this time seems earned but jott has so much firepower from the 80's & 90's that it's seems a foregone conclusion. So lets put you in the driver seat. Where do you see our boy landing? Is Jean the be all and end all of his ride or has adult cyclops made his choice and Emma is his one last love? Or is it neither?

Frankly Jean and Scott as characters and their relationship are the thing who made me really love X-Men and the comics.
    With the Morrison run they just destroyed the thing and use shitty way to get Scott go to Emma, like using the PTSD from the merge with Apocalypse, the Scott's fear about the power of his wife and ultimately the death of Jean who wasn't useful since even with it, Scott rejected Emma. It was a future Jean from a shitty future who pushed him to her for erase that futur.. And that's not how you should do it...

Since then I've always a disgust feeling when I see Emma and Scott together and I hate that since Scott was one of my fav X-Men.

So yes I have voted for Jean and Scott together again. I hope they'll be something again because I miss them and I want to see them again even if it will be difficult to do.

My honest opinion is that Jean and Scott as kids were destined for each other but after the events of morrison's run this obviously changed. We all understand why this changed but despite my love for Jean and Scott together I went on to embrace Scemma. It took me years to realize that Morrison had found the one alternative to true love... true solace, in the pairing of Scott and Emma. Despite the terrible ending that Marvel had in store for these two I now believe that they will find a way to ride off into the sunset together, leaving young Scott and Jean to figure out if they have a future together... or not. What's your take on the future of these three? Have Scemma earned there place, or is Jott the be all and end all of this romance? Or perhaps these three are yet to have their true romance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Frankly Jean and Scott as characters and their relationship are the thing who made me really love X-Men and the comics.
    With the Morrison run they just destroyed the thing and use shitty way to get Scott go to Emma, like using the PTSD from the merge with Apocalypse, the Scott's fear about the power of his wife and ultimately the death of Jean who wasn't useful since even with it, Scott rejected Emma. It was a future Jean from a shitty future who pushed him to her for erase that futur.. And that's not how you should do it...

Since then I've always a disgust feeling when I see Emma and Scott together and I hate that since Scott was one of my fav X-Men.

So yes I have voted for Jean and Scott together again. I hope they'll be something again because I miss them and I want to see them again even if it will be difficult to do.
    To be clear I can't say i disagree. I grew up on Jott but Emma and Scott legitimately have something. I think that Jean is out of reach for Adult (dead) Scott but given all that has happened I see Emma beside him now, not Jean. The past cannot be forgotten but neither can all of the years these two leaned on each other. The 05 has given Jott new life and that feels more earned for these two now at the current state of the x-books than it has in recent memory.

I feel that Scott and Emma was earned as a couple and if I had to pick one I would choose them, but I don't think they will end up to gather in the end. this is comics and you cant just repeat the same couples with the same stories. It's time for them to move on.

As for Scott and Jean, I'm not a big fan. It was hard for me to buy them as couple when I was able to get the back issues where Scott is married to Maddie just because she looked like Jean. Seemed kind of superficial to me that Scott would marry anyone just because she looked like Jean. I'm not sure if Scott ever truly loved Jean. Just my opinion.

I do believe Jean definitely loved Scott 100%

I would honestly prefer if Scott and Jean moved on without each other and found other partners that would lead to new stories for both of them if they come back to life. And I don't mean Jean with Wolverine. that story is tired also.
    I would prefer someone else for teen Scott and Jean as well.

EDIT: I just realized this was a poll and I voted Scott Emma and Jean are better off going their separate ways.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-08-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I feel that Scott and Emma was earned as a couple and if I had to pick one I would choose them, but I don't think they will end up to gather in the end. this is comics and you cant just repeat the same couples with the same stories.

As for Scott and Jean, I'm not a big fan. It was hard for me to buy them as couple when I was able to get the back issues where Scott is married to Maddie just because she looked like Jean. Seemed kind of superficial to me that Scott would marry anyone just because she looked like Jean. I'm not sure if Scott ever truly loved Jean. Just my opinion.

I do believe Jean definitely loved Scott 100%

I would honestly prefer if Scott and Jean moved on without each other and found other partners that would lead to new stories for both of them if they come back to life. And I don't mean Jean with Wolverine. that story is tired also.
    I would prefer someone else for teen Scott and Jean as well.
    But Marvel has chosen to put this two ways. How the OG gang will resolve this and how the 05 will. I see this as entirely different questions. Can the 05 choose an new course? Of course they can but can Scott an Emma? If the SE tie in told us anything it's that this is long from resolved as far as Emma is concerned...
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 09-08-2017 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    To be clear I can't say i disagree. I grew up on Jott but Emma and Scott legitimately have something. I think that Jean is out of reach for Adult (dead) Scott but given all that has happened I see Emma beside him now, not Jean. The past cannot be forgotten but neither can all of the years these two leaned on each other. The 05 has given Jott new life and that feels more earned for these two now at the current state of the x-books than it has in recent memory.
    I can't disagree either but everytime since the time-displaced O5 are here, we seen the adult Scott back on his Jean things. I'm sure and I want to believe that if they comeback (the old ones) they be something again because litterally everytime there is something about the old Jean, Scott just don't want to deal with it because he is afraid of the confrontation between Emma and her probably because he still have strong feelings for Jean and see him and her as a child probably reinforced the whole thing.

As for the youngs one, yes I hope they'll be with each othrr too. With all happened since they are in their futur. They can't ignore the love they have for each other. I mean Scott it's obvious in his head there Jean since the beginning, even when he tried both time someone else it has always comeback to Jean in the end.

For Jean, we can see that she don't want to finish like m, the herself from the future, she tried to denying her love for him because of that and tried others (like Hank of the college guy), she even tried to tell him in All New X-Men vol.2 19 in a weird way since we could see that she wanted to love him (I try to explain the weird hug and touch..). And finally in X-Men Blue, they thanks to the pyshic rapport they are finally acknowledged that they finally love each other. But that kinda obvious they want to bring back the shitty love triangle we have since a long time and was always crap.

I just hope they'll just stop doing Jean dying on Scott in all case. It's pretty repetitive and boring now..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    But Marvel has chosen to put this two ways. How the OG gang will resolve this and how the 05 will. I see this as entirely different questions. Can the 05 choose an new course? Of course they can but can Scott an Emma? If the SE tie told us anything it's that this is long from resolved as far as Emma is concerned...
    As for the adults Emma not being over Scott is understandable. there has to be some mourning. But having Emma going evil just because he's dead is stupid. But since this is the choice Marvel has given us I'm afraid this wont be resolved until Emma joins adult Scott in death, or adult Scott comes back and rejects her for some one else. Right now I cant see Marvel letting Emma move on like a sane person. Its to bad because I liked them togather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I can't disagree either but everytime since the time-displaced O5 are here, we seen the adult Scott back on his Jean things. I'm sure and I want to believe that if they comeback (the old ones) they be something again because litterally everytime there is something about the old Jean, Scott just don't want to deal with it because he is afraid of the confrontation between Emma and her probably because he still have strong feelings for Jean and see him and her as a child probably reinforced the whole thing.

As for the youngs one, yes I hope they'll be with each othrr too. With all happened since they are in their futur. They can't ignore the love they have for each other. I mean Scott it's obvious in his head there Jean since the beginning, even when he tried both time someone else it has always comeback to Jean in the end.

For Jean, we can see that she don't want to finish like m, the herself from the future, she tried to denying her love for him because of that and tried others (like Hank of the college guy), she even tried to tell him in All New X-Men vol.2 19 in a weird way since we could see that she wanted to love him (I try to explain the weird hug and touch..). And finally in X-Men Blue, they thanks to the pyshic rapport they are finally acknowledged that they finally love each other. But that kinda obvious they want to bring back the shitty love triangle we have since a long time and was always crap.

I just hope they'll just stop doing Jean dying on Scott in all case. It's pretty repetitive and boring now..
    You make some good points in regards to the 05. I think the way they are written we can't help but see Scott and Jean come out of it. The other question is if Adult Scott and Emma belong together which Marvel have made much more complicated now that the 05 are here. Can both of these relationships work somehow or are they doomed?

BANNED

No, their relationship was faker than Emma's tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Lol. I was waiting for you to say something like this. You may need to change your routine

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Does that fact that Emma's tits are fake make her journey fake? If your choose to believe that everything about Emma is a fake as her mammories than what does that say about the last 10 years of x-men continuity?

BANNED

None of them. Emma, possibly, or perhaps Jean. What about Frenzy, maybe? Well, I don't know.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Scemma was a pure male power fantasy that's all

Jean was tarnished by having flirted a bit too much with Wolvie

Emma aside from her crushing on Namor was quite monogamous actually

How could it be earned it literally was an act of destruction to even happen in the first place. Over time stories did a decent job with it but yeah. No it was never truly earned obviously
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I gave it a lot of thought, and wanted to write a whole paragraph or two(and I still might), and I also didn't vote. But for now, I will just say this:

Emma was a better partner to Scott than Jean in almost every single way. Make of that what you want.