View Poll Results: Scemma, Jott or Neither?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott and Jean forever

67 43.23%
  • Emma and Scott, a true love earned

47 30.32%
  • Emma & Adult Scott maybe but Jott will rise again with the 05

15 9.68%
  • Scott, Emma & Jean better off each going their separate ways?

26 16.77%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I voted Scott and Jean, but I can't say Scott and Emma didn't work.

I, personally, like the high school sweethearts getting together and staying together, but Scott clearly changed after the Apocalypse merger and was a bit of a different person. Where Scott messed up was in thinking that his relationship with Jean couldn't change and adapt. It's almost like he thought that Jean was this unchanging icon (for lack of a better word) who wouldn't accept his changed persona (his wild side, as it were), when the exact opposite is true. Even Wolverine admitted that Jean had been wanting him to come out of his shell for years, but Scott couldn't see it.

They were the type of couple that made each other better and brought the best out of each other. It's just unfortunate that we didn't get to see them get through the Morrison-induced rough patch.

As for Scott and Emma, you could argue that they only got together (as a formal couple, not a series of telepathic trysts) was because Jean willed them to, but I always took that as her recognizing that, with her dead, Scott needed Emma (and not just because she saw the hellish future that resulted when they weren't together). She was what he needed at that moment, and their relationship developed from there into a very good, very real relationship.

My problem with them is that, unlike him and Jean, Scott and Emma hid a bit too much from each other. The nature of Emma's more pragmatic personality also seemed to feed some of Scott's cynicism, and I don't say that to imply that she pulled his strings like a puppet master or anything. People just act differently depending on who they're with, and that's especially true of romantic relationships.

So, long story short, they were both "earned," I just like Scott and Jean's dynamic more than I do Scott and Emma's, though I certainly begrudge people that prefer Scott and Emma.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 09-15-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Mighty Member

How did Cyclops steal Jean from Warren?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Fan fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I voted Scott and Jean, but I can't say Scott and Emma didn't work.

I, personally, like the high school sweethearts getting together and staying together, but Scott clearly changed after the Apocalypse merger and was a bit of a different person. Where Scott messed up was in thinking that his relationship with Jean couldn't change and adapt. It's almost like he thought that Jean was this unchanging icon (for lack of a better word) who wouldn't accept his changed persona (his wild side, as it were), when the exact opposite is true. Even Wolverine admitted that Jean had been wanting him to come out of his shell for years, but Scott couldn't see it.

They were the type of couple that made each other better and brought the best out of each other. It's just unfortunate that we didn't get to see them get through the Morrison-induced rough patch.

As for Scott and Emma, you could argue that they only got together (as a formal couple, not a series of telepathic trysts) was because Jean willed them to, but I always took that as her recognizing that, with her dead, Scott needed Emma (and not just because she saw the hellish future that resulted when they weren't together). She was what he needed at that moment, and their relationship developed from there into a very good, very real relationship.

My problem with them is that, unlike him and Jean, Scott and Emma hid a bit too much from each other. The nature of Emma's more pragmatic personality also seemed to feed some of Scott's cynicism, and I don't say that to imply that she pulled his strings like a puppet master or anything. People just act differently depending on who they're with, and that's especially true of romantic relationships.

So, long story short, they were both "earned," I just like Scott and Jean's dynamic more than I do Scott and Emma's, though I certainly begrudge people that prefer Scott and Emma.
    Generally agree, especially with the bolded. As far as Scott and Emma not being as open as Scott and Jean were... not sure I can agree. I found Scott and Jean's communication as a couple had a lot of room for improvement. Isn't that the reason it took them four years to admit their feelings to each other. Then in x-factor Scott just could not find a way to tell Jean about Maddie. Even the psychic rapport wasn't enough, especially for Scott to share what he needed to with Jean. Emma would just push Scott until he said what he needed to say. I think when it came to sharing his feelings, Scott always needed a kick in the pants. Jean wasn't great at that very often but Emma have zero problems with this.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

At this point, they're better off going separate ways.

Scott and Emma was always trash.
    And now... who would want to be with Scott again, ever?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Frenzy, maybe? I liked the twist in Age of X and the Scott we have now is more like that version than he was originally.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Yeah, and Jean & Logan can finally get married, after years of hot hot kisses. They made such a beautiful couple.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Apropos of nothing, something I'd love to see: a new Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix series starring Ruby and Rachel. Cross-time half-sisters teaming up to kick ass and take names across the multiverse. Bonus points if Marvel could get Peter David to write it.
    Ruby? Isn't that Scott and Emma's alternate dimension kid? They really couldn't pay me to read that one.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Apropos of nothing, something I'd love to see: a new Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix series starring Ruby and Rachel. Cross-time half-sisters teaming up to kick ass and take names across the multiverse. Bonus points if Marvel could get Peter David to write it.
    That actually does sound interesting. Especially when you look at how different their powers are.

Now I wonder what sort of kid Frenzy would have with Cyke...

Well there is always Emma, sh eis really that crazy for him

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Generally agree, especially with the bolded. As far as Scott and Emma not being as open as Scott and Jean were... not sure I can agree. I found Scott and Jean's communication as a couple had a lot of room for improvement. Isn't that the reason it took them four years to admit their feelings to each other. Then in x-factor Scott just could not find a way to tell Jean about Maddie. Even the psychic rapport wasn't enough, especially for Scott to share what he needed to with Jean. Emma would just push Scott until he said what he needed to say. I think when it came to sharing his feelings, Scott always needed a kick in the pants. Jean wasn't great at that very often but Emma have zero problems with this.
    Jean also pushed scott, it was scott that choose to not share with her. People need to stop making Jean the bad girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    nerds writer always made nerds win
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-16-2017 at 06:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well there is always Emma, sh eis really that crazy for him

Jean also pushed scott, it was scott that choose to not share with her. People need to stop making Jean the bad girlfriend

nerds writer always made nerds win
    Let her be the bad girlfriend. Who cares?
    Just let her move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Let her be the bad girlfriend. Who cares?
    Just let her move on.
    That's going to be hard when every incarnation of Jean and Scott seem to fall in love.

Jean, Phoenix, Maddie, Jean again and now Jeen, and Ultimate Jean if we're counting her plus most of the AU versions I can recall. I didn't make the pattern but it's hard to argue that it's not there. That's what will keep Emma and Scott apart when he comes back. I like Scemma but there's no way Scott and Jean don't pursue each other once their both back to life.