View Poll Results: Scemma, Jott or Neither?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott and Jean forever

67 43.23%
  • Emma and Scott, a true love earned

47 30.32%
  • Emma & Adult Scott maybe but Jott will rise again with the 05

15 9.68%
  • Scott, Emma & Jean better off each going their separate ways?

26 16.77%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Emma's more real than other characters. Be honest if you had super powers you wouldn't play hero and do everything by the book. You'd use your powers to get what you want and help those you like do the same.
    I wouldn't.
    If I had superpowers, I wouldn't use them for personal gain.
    I'd use them to help others.

there is a lot of variation in the values of people on this planet

in Spider-Man comics,
    With Great Power
    comes Great Responsibility
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess I didn't got what you meant. Thought you were saying that my logic was undermining the characters because the story wasn't as simple as that?

Jean was the one screwed over on the animated series. She was completely nerfed, incompetent and only there as an object for Scott and Logan to fight for. She either wasn't even on the fights or was completely useless on them. I mean...

Logan lacked boundaries
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I wouldn't.

there is a lot of variation in the values of people on this planet

in Spider-Man comics,
    With Great Power
    comes Great Responsibility
    And absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    During AvsX Emma was confident that Cyclops would stick with her; but I think that, beneath it all, Cyclops always had a hint of distrust towards Emma. Tony Stark may not have gotten between them, but Namor did, and it was heavily ironic that Emma’s psychic affair with Namor was the final nudge that pushed Cyclops into a full-on Phoenix-style attack on Emma.
    Or it was PF madness, which everyone tends to get eventually. By the time AvX came out I think it was pretty well established that Scott had trusted Emma completely.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's almost as if she spent an entire decade in an Xmen book where she trained students and was an actual Hero for more time than she was a villain. It's as if the phoenix and the death of her students gave her a wakeup call to reform herself.

Scott is as far away from Emma as you can get.
    Effective use of sarcasm. Doesn't she have his body stashed away in her broom closet or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Effective use of sarcasm. Doesn't she have his body stashed away in her broom closet or something?
    I like to think she gave his body to Ms. Sinister and it's in a tank somewhere so he can come back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I wouldn't.
    I would do both.

Even Spider-Man uses his powers to save money on transportation.

Emma was confident that Cyclops would stick with her; but I think that, beneath it all, Cyclops always had a hint of distrust towards Emma. Tony Stark may not have gotten between them, but Namor did, and it was heavily ironic that Emma’s psychic affair with Namor was the final nudge that pushed Cyclops into a full-on Phoenix-style attack on Emma.

But not after what she did with namor scott didn't trust her.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I can understand when people have a different opinion on a couple, but i'll never grasp how people think that a relationship started on the basis of rape is a good one. Also I don't understand how you can say Emma helped Scott develop when Jean and Scott had years and decades together developing as a couple and people. The only thing Emma did for Scott was turn him back into the standoffish introvert he was during the orginal comics.

The problem with Jean is that no matter how much they loved each other they never had the best time and several factors happened to undermine the relationship.

Already Scott and Emma are different she was exactly what he needed in a difficult time of his life and think she made Scott grow as a person and leader of the X-mens. But that does not change the fact that she was a big factor in separating Jean and Scott without mentioning that their nature and past made other X-men distrust Scott.

It's kind of the situation of Peter Parker who loved Gwen Stacy but everyone knows their true love is MJ.

Jean is the perfect relationship for fans but Emma is the ideal person for Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I can understand when people have a different opinion on a couple, i'll never grasp how people think that a relationship started on the basis of rape. Also I don't understand how you can say Emma helped Scott develop when Jean and Scott had years and decades together developing as a couple and people. The only thing Emma did for Scott was turn him back into the standoffish introvert he was during the orginal comics.
    I'd blame the writers instead of Emma...let's be honest here.

Btw I had to block Cyke Slim...seemed odd that someone with 3 posts just jumped in here and started trying to piss off Emma fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Emma was confident that Cyclops would stick with her; but I think that, beneath it all, Cyclops always had a hint of distrust towards Emma. Tony Stark may not have gotten between them, but Namor did, and it was heavily ironic that Emma’s psychic affair with Namor was the final nudge that pushed Cyclops into a full-on Phoenix-style attack on Emma.
    Actually thinking more on this I think you have it exactly backward. Emma seemed to often be dealing with doubt about her relationship with Scott, if he really loved her and worst of all, what would happen if Jean ever came back. I'm not actually sure she ever spoke the last one aloud but I believe that kept her up at night. Writers since have played with this idea, specifically Bendis talking about how Jean was the love of Scott's life and Scott was the love of her's. IMO Scott had a lot more confidence in them as a couple than she did.

Also the affair had little or nothing to do with Scott attacking Emma at the end of AvX. He felt he needed her power and no longer had the humanity left to keep himself under control. That's actually a great argument for Jean's strength of character, that she chose to kill herself at the end of the DPS wheras Scott chose to kill Xavier. I thought AvX was a clinic in poor writing and I use the term "chose" pretty loosely here but the point still stands.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 09-08-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Woah...I like Emma but not Scemma. I think, though, that the real breaking-point between Cyclops and Emma was in a comparative side-issue. In one of ‘AvX’s Infinite Comics, Cyclops became aware that he was beginning to fall to the temptation of Dark Phoenix. With similar concerns, Emma tried to go to him for help. But what did Cyclops do?
    He headed to the Moon, and used the Phoenix Force to animate dust into the form his subconscious wished to interact with – Jean Grey. He went, not to Emma, but to Jean, his ex-wife.I don't have anything against Emma.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 09-08-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Also the affair had little or nothing to do with Scott attacking Emma at the end of AvX. He felt he needed her power and no longer had the humanity left to keep himself under control. I think you are right here.