Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hellcat Appreciation

Who is Hellcat? Avenger. Defender. Lady Liberator. Author. Heartthrob. Teen Heroine. Icon. All American Girl Next Door.

Discover and learn to love our all around girl next door and lovable hero, Patsy. First appearing in Miss America Magazine in 1944 eventually branching off into her own series that helped paved the way for GIRL COMICS all across the world. At one time marrying the Son of Satan and being driven into madness, even death would keep the great Patsy down. She came back looking better than ever.

In this thread we will discuss her endeavors, lovers, hopes and dreams, wonder if Hedy is somewhere seething and appreciate the wonderful Patsy Walker. If you didn't know who she was before, you'll most definitely know now.

YES. Patsy is, hands down, Marvel's most underrated character. Whenever anyone asks the "who deserves to make a comeback" question, my first thought is always Hellcat (followed by Nighthawk, #2 on the most underrated list). I wish Marvel could find something to do with her, there is so much potential in the character.
    Last edited by Hekabolos; 05-02-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: words are hard

Have you guys been liking Patsy's portrayal in She-Hulk?

On the "which book would you write for Marvel" thread, I just posted my ideal project: a Defenders series starring Hellcat. I've been a fan of Patsy's for as long as I've been reading comics, beginning with her first appearances in Avengers (I started with issue 147). I was disappointed when she left the team at the end of the Serpent Crown Saga but followed her to Defenders.

I haven't read She-Hulk yet but now that I now Hellcat is in it I'll definitely check it out.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

LOVE LOVE LOVE Patsy Walker!! I do wish that Marvel would give Patsy more chances here and there. Even though I am not so thrilled with the art on She-Hulk, I do appreciate Soule's take as well as willingness to use her in the book.

always loved Hellcat. i love her era of Avengers too. Beast, Moondragon, Swordsman, Mantis and Hellcat. i still think its a shame there is no Marvel Legends Hellcat figure.

All-New Member

I love Hellcat, and am so happy that she has been appearing regularly in She-Hulk! While the art is a little different...cheese and crackers it's great to see Patsy!

With She-Hulk ending Patsy needs a new home to go to. I wish she would join up with the Mighty Avengers.
    I think one thing I'd love for writers to explore with Patsy is her depression. She's constantly seen as this upbeat person but she has a lot of demons inside her. She's literally been to hell and back, seen on the short end of the hero stick and has had a couple failed marriages. Her killing herself was one of the most depressing things I've seen in comics but even her binge drinking in She-Hulk, I feel, shows that Patsy still is overcoming a lot. I love that she keeps the positive outlook though.

Speaking of her failed marriages:

Astonishing Member

Today's Article with Writer Charles Soule discussing his ending the SHE-HULK Series includes his intentions for Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat {within said series} and can be read here

she needs to be animated as soon as possible.

i like her in She-Hulk, i only barely know her but i really enjoyed her in SH and hope she gets to reappear some place else
    I surrender to the Contest

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

I really think she should be pushed more. There is so much history with this character but some how she has managed to be over looked so many times. To me she could be Marvel's Batgirl in terms of popularity,recognition, and adaptability.

Side Comment.....I could sorta see her and Iron Fist in a relationship. I think they would make a interesting and fun pair. Besides that if she did end up with Danny it would intro her to interact with other well known characters such as Luke, Jessica Jones, and the rest of the Mighty Avengers. However, at the same time she fits in a standard Heroes for Hire (Future Defenders) line up.
    Last edited by Trident; 11-15-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I hadn't really thought about it before, but Patsy Walker...the comic book ran for 20 years!! From the first issue simply dates 1945 (which was probably summer as the second issue is dated fall 1945, so July/August probably) through cover date December 1965 with issue 124. That is just amazing. Maybe Soule will come up with a story idea and Marvel will give him a mini series for ol' Patsy. I would love to see how he would handle her in the starring role.