Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

me too doesnt like the art, and im grateful too to have a patsy book
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by digifiend View Post
    well here's something that should generate some discussion - a preview for patsy's next issue: http://www.cbr.com/patsy-walker-a-k-a-hellcat-13/

uh oh...
    i love this book!!!!!!!!! (especially the art!)

coolcoolcool

I love this book. I was first introduced to Patsy in Charles Soule's She-Hulk series, buts its this series that really made me a fan. I love how Kath shows her personality, and how many queer characters there are, Ian in particular. As someone who is bi myself, its great to see a bisexual character who is well-written and not a walking stereotype or going through a 'phase'. Its just great fun, helped by Brittneys cute art. I keep fear the comic will get axed soon, so fingers crossed the book stills has a lot left to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I love this book. I was first introduced to Patsy in Charles Soule's She-Hulk series, buts its this series that really made me a fan. I love how Kath shows her personality, and how many queer characters there are, Ian in particular. As someone who is bi myself, its great to see a bisexual character who is well-written and not a walking stereotype or going through a 'phase'. Its just great fun, helped by Brittneys cute art. I keep fear the comic will get axed soon, so fingers crossed the book stills has a lot left to offer!
    Leth is bi, so bi rep is obviously something important to her. I remember seeing her talk once about how she was bi but identified as queer because it felt safer. I somehow got blocked from her Twitter (I'm never going to get over that, because I like her and have no idea what I might have done), so I don't know if she currently identifies as queer or bi. But yeah, she's bi.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Leth is bi, so bi rep is obviously something important to her. I remember seeing her talk once about how she was bi but identified as queer because it felt safer. I somehow got blocked from her Twitter (I'm never going to get over that, because I like her and have no idea what I might have done), so I don't know if she currently identifies as queer or bi. But yeah, she's bi.
    That's interesting that she felt it was safer to call herself queer rather than bi. But I've read a few stories where people who are bisexual have felt harassment from not only straight people but also gay people who thought they weren't being "real"?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's interesting that she felt it was safer to call herself queer rather than bi. But I've read a few stories where people who are bisexual have felt harassment from not only straight people but also gay people who thought they weren't being "real"?
    Yeah. There are gay people who don't believe bisexuality is real. Who think bi people are just afraid to commit to being gay, or who are only playing at being gay. Or they'll think that a bi person is going to cheat. Bi people have it rough.

Yeah, she was on the Marvel Live stream at Comic-Con I think, where they read her my question about LGBT and she mention she was queer. Shame she blocked you! Perhaps it was a mistake on her part?

Yeah. There are gay people who don't believe bisexuality is real. Who think bi people are just afraid to commit to being gay, or who are only playing at being gay. Or they'll think that a bi person is going to cheat. Bi people have it rough.
    The most biphobia I have seen/heard from has come from the gay community. There is this sick idea that we need to 'choose a side' or something. There was a b-list gay celebrity on the UK version of Big Brother who got into trouble for saying that bisexuals where just to "afraid to come out as gay" (And then saying that AIDS was the "bisexual disease...") I know its just a very small minority, but its a shame that group that which should be understanding about equality can be so closed minded...

I'd like Patsy Walker to meet Kitty Pryde.

(Hellcat meets Shadowcat)
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Ok, why has that not happened yet!? That would be so cool.

They'd probably get along so well, too.

Sounds like something they should've done in A+X.

yes that would be awesome

ISTR Kate said something in the letters page about doing 'every cat-themed female character' so, maybe...
    I surrender to the Contest

that would be cool, hellcat,kitty,tigra,white tiger maybe