Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Most of the characters I care for the most and Hellcat in her first Avengers and then as a Defender for years, are the stories that resonate the most to me.

I'm on the last or so episode of Jess Jones season 2 and it definitely appears they are grooming her. I like the actress and the new way of looking at her.

I think I'm up to the last half hour. I almost think I like it more than season 1, which was great.

In some ways the story of Jessica is totally going with her past and her relationship with Trish/Patsy.

Extraordinary Member

I've yet to watch it, but man I recall when we had that amazing Hellcat series just a few years back.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i LOVE this character so much
    we can be heroes, just for one day

How come her "New" costume never stuck? I thought it modernized her by getting rid of the pajamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think I'm up to the last half hour. I almost think I like it more than season 1, which was great.

In some ways the story of Jessica is totally going with her past and her relationship with Trish/Patsy.
    I liked season 1 more than season 2 (in large part to Killgrave), but season 2 despite a slow start ended up being pretty cool.

And yeah, Trish definitely looks like she's on the road to becoming Hellcat. At this point they could probably spin her off into her own show if they wanted... though I'm not sure Net Flicks will be making anymore marvel shows with Disney getting it's own streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    How come her "New" costume never stuck? I thought it modernized her by getting rid of the pajamas.
    I think there's a sort of internal struggle in the comic industry over costumes.

There are a lot of newer creators who prefer heroes not run around in brightly colored spandex. Then there are those more old school who embrace the inherent cheesiness of super heroes and have their characters wearing spandex over something more functional.

You sort of see that in characters like Cap and Hawkeye too... whose costumes before more military/realistic and returning to their original costimes. This sort of thing will likely go back and forth for a lot of characters. Cage I think is the only hero off the top of my head to permanently shed the notion of wearing a costume. Punisher to an exent did as well, but he's still rocking the Skull.

Maybe they should do season 2 of Defenders with

Luke, Jessica, Danny, Matt, and add Colleen and Trish. Put in a *very special* Dr. Strange appearance as he entreats them all to fight crime as the Defenders

(might not be a bad movie idea either, if Netflix would pass the property on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Maybe they should do season 2 of Defenders with

Luke, Jessica, Danny, Matt, and add Colleen and Trish. Put in a *very special* Dr. Strange appearance as he entreats them all to fight crime as the Defenders

(might not be a bad movie idea either, if Netflix would pass the property on.
    I also think they have enough female heroes to potentially do an all female Defenders show (maybe Daughters of the Dragon).

Electra, Jessica, Patsy, Coleen, Misty... and probably Clair just because she always seems to show up everywhere.

Monica and Greer.jpg

YES!!! Time for some live action Greer Grant!!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

WE LOVE STANNING A POP ICON

That song is so stupid. It's not even a good satire of vapid pop music, because even the most vapid of pop music has more than 4 frigging words. This was lazy writing, in a show I expect much better from.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That song is so stupid. It's not even a good satire of vapid pop music, because even the most vapid of pop music has more than 4 frigging words. This was lazy writing, in a show I expect much better from.
    I think it was supposed to be that stupid, as in, they were going for the most cringeworthy kind of song; one that doesn't even have proper lyrics. I think that's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think it was supposed to be that stupid, as in, they were going for the most cringeworthy kind of song; one that doesn't even have proper lyrics. I think that's the joke.
    But it's a bad joke. No song sounds like that.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    WE LOVE STANNING A POP ICON

HELLCAT DESERVES BETTER, anyway everything patsy is like a joke on the comics lately, right?

we can be heroes, just for one day